Broviak built his so I guess I'll build mine too

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Well the motor is in the truck, just have to finish a couple little things. It should be running tomorrow and back on the dyno Friday to possibly set a new VGT record single charged.....On a side note, I disassembled my block that came outta my truck and the rods are straight, the pistons look brand new, which means a 650 hp stock bottom end will last if you have great tuning and use some sense. It was at that power level for 2.5 years with over 100 passes at the dragstrip and daily driven...:thumb::woott:

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
how are the 100 overs on the street im going to hopefully be building my motor soon and have been stuck between 60 and 100s.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I like them but others may not, more of a personal preference thing. I like the way the motor responds with them and as Matt proved, if you have common sense you will make more power and live longer then the average guy beating the crap out of the stock parts on big tunes.

SmokinHotLLYGirl

Smoked Out's wife
Jun 14, 2011
Indiana
We were super excited when we fired this up tonight!!! Needless to say Matt is SUPER happy! I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno!

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
mark i talked to you on the phone and after orderd your 72 i love it! im going to hopefully get the motor built soon and it wont be a daily driver anymore i was leaning towards the 100s and tony tunes my truck i live 20 minutes from him. iv been told by other that 100s will be much to smokey for the road but i have big plans eventually. is the smoke very controllable still?

Andrew,
I don't know how Tony feels about over sized injectors, especially LMM injectors. I would talk to him about them since he does your tuning, but I don't rcommend oversized LMM injectors. I would get a set of LBZ injectors done up for it and you will be alot happier with it. If you drove my truck you would never know that it had 100% over injectors except for the onslot of raw hp when you lean on the skinny pedal. Matt's was the same way once we dialed it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
Any advice on this would be great, when you say lbz injectors thats just refering to the nozzles correct? how are they different in drivabiltiy between the two?

Andrew,
No, I mean the entire LBZ injector for best results. You can put LBZ tips on LMM injectors and it fixes the problem about 65%. The LMM injector body reacts faster than the earlier injectors and can cause alot of tuning issues with oversized nozzles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
Mark,
thats hard to hear considering what new injectors cost..... maybe my best bet is to have them tipped with lbz nozzles? your an exergy dealer correct i will problably do the purchase through you or if you know of a good used set of full lbz injectors when the times comes. This will happen during my motor build and depending on my funds it will get a dual fueler at the same time, if not it will eventually.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes we are an Exergy Dealer so that's not a problem at all. I know what you mean as I had to get a brand new set for my truck since my original set didn't take the debris from my original cp3's check ball failure very well. I'll keep my eyes open for you on a good set if they pop up.

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
Thank you I've already replaced a full set from damage caused by the stock cp3 as well so that really isn't a great option for me tony is a good tuner and from what your saying with doing Lbz nozzles that would be my best bet. Thanks mark

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Well guys, I was backing the truck outta the garage and noticed a small oil leak.......It ended being a big leak beacuse one of the welch plugs on the back of the motor let go.......I have the transmission, rear cover, and the oil pans back off the truck, and hope to finish it up after this work week. On a side note the motor did run for 40 mins with no issues and it sounded great, no funny noises, so I think the portion of the build I completed was a sucess, I'm just a little ticked I had to take everything back apart.....Thank GOD I had a straight axle or I would have had to take the motor back out of the truck to fix the issue.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Well the motor is in the truck, just have to finish a couple little things. It should be running tomorrow and back on the dyno Friday to possibly set a new VGT record single charged.....On a side note, I disassembled my block that came outta my truck and the rods are straight, the pistons look brand new, which means a 650 hp stock bottom end will last if you have great tuning and use some sense. It was at that power level for 2.5 years with over 100 passes at the dragstrip and daily driven...:thumb::woott:

What turbo and fuel mods were you running to make that power for that amount of time?

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Turbo

What turbo and fuel mods were you running to make that power for that amount of time?

For two years, I was running a 68MM stage 2 and 45 overs with a modded LBZ pump, I changed to a 72MM Novemeber of 2011, and then I put 100 overs in the truck Novemeber of this year.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
For two years, I was running a 68MM stage 2 and 45 overs with a modded LBZ pump, I changed to a 72MM Novemeber of 2011, and then I put 100 overs in the truck Novemeber of this year.

Awesome man! Good to know. Have been debating on either running a 475 over stock or one of Mark's 72's. Either setup will be accompanied with 40-50 overs, 2nd cp3.