Broviak built his so I guess I'll build mine too

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I already have a modded pump in the valley.
How is your cp3 modded?
Damn bro, your current set up is pretty much exactly what i have been building up to, how has it treated you?
I am really excited to see someone pull it off before me, helps give me a little more confidence when pulling the trigger on the bigger steps of the "build" ;)

Congrats on your next step, let us know what this next chapter reveals! Of course i am going to be looking for your results, hopefully i will have the injectors (100% exergy's) by March, and the vgt 72 upgrade by june! :woott: lol, following in your footsteps:eek:

Good luck!:thumb:

My tuner ****ed up then.... lol

Nice build! Should be fun!

has Bri been tuning your truck?:roflmao::hug:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
My setup has been great for over two years. We believe my rods are still straight because of conservative tuning, but we will know more when I get it out of the truck. I believe I will be close to the 800+ with the variable charger and if it gets a big brother, it could be 1000+.....There are really no goals, just have fun with the truck....It's still a daily driver/weeknd warrior.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
My setup has been great for over two years. We believe my rods are still straight because of conservative tuning, but we will know more when I get it out of the truck. I believe I will be close to the 800+ with the variable charger and if it gets a big brother, it could be 1000+.....There are really no goals, just have fun with the truck....It's still a daily driver/weeknd warrior.

I had the 72 for a good bit, and it is awesome.
I put a twin on it, but went back to a single.
the engine you are building and the 72 will be all you need It is an awesome combo and super reliable
with all the fuel you have I think a wastegate would be great

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
I had the 72 for a good bit, and it is awesome.
I put a twin on it, but went back to a single.
the engine you are building and the 72 will be all you need It is an awesome combo and super reliable
with all the fuel you have I think a wastegate would be great

With the 72 VVT as a single why would you need a wastegate?:confused:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
This is almost exactly the same as my build. Look forward to seeing how yours does with the 72 then I can decide if I should go from 68-72 or do an s480

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
With the 72 VVT as a single why would you need a wastegate?:confused:

Because the housing in the 72vvt turbo is still really tight in relative terms compared to the amount of fuel its getting, and it will help reduce drive pressure and Mark makes a really sweet lookin wastgate setup :thumb:, and in this case for two similar built trucks it will be good for comparison sake :hug:

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Because the housing in the 72vvt turbo is still really tight in relative terms compared to the amount of fuel its getting, and it will help reduce drive pressure and Mark makes a really sweet lookin wastgate setup :thumb:, and in this case for two similar built trucks it will be good for comparison sake :hug:

Ah. Very cool. Wasn't aware that was available.:thumb:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
I picked up the block from the machine shop this morning......I will start assembly this weekend when Tark gets up here. I'll post some pictures later on today

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Build Pics

We made some progress over the weekend. Thanks for the help Tark.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 148
  • image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 140
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 145

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
And if any ones looks closely my heads are on BACKWARDS, but it was for picture purposes only....My heads still need to go to the machine shop....:woott: