Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
In June of 2013... Greg said Edelbrok was 4 months away from releasing their version of the dmax head...

Looks like it wasn't so mainstream...

Proves right there that if Greg had anything to do with them making a new head, his reputation proves itself; takes years to get shit done

Or takes years to get nothing done:roflmao:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Edelbrock makes good products. If they do by chance come in at oem head cost that will be a big plus for the consumer. They may not produce as well as Wagler heads. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

duramax55

???? 7
Feb 2, 2011
florida
with all your mainstream manufactory,your running programs and most off all your big EGO,im surprize your not a candidate running for president :hehe:

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
with all your mainstream manufactory,your running programs and most off all your big EGO,im surprize your not a candidate running for president
It's only because elections don't last 20 years

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
when I started lobbying Edelbrock 3 years ago . I was asked by Vic why should we do these heads

First these heads are designed to be better in every way then a stock head out of the box . The heads as cast have 20% better air flow as cast and 40% better cooling . My selling point was to make this head about the same cost as a head from a GM dealership. With this 95% of all of the heads, will go to people doing head repair on stock farm and tow truck. with that said , the Material is there to CNC the ports to be huge

Cooling is very critical in a performance engine. The problem with melting heads in not the material ,but the lack of water in the correct places.
You can't just make the ports thicker and not address water flow.

I have for the last three years, spent many hours on the phone with the engineers at Edelbrock and lobbing the powers that be for these heads. Chris Franks at Frankenstein did the port design work . Notice the dog leg port is designed to be straight enough to CNC now.

The casting has the metal in the correct areas to double the height of the port and take flow numbers well over 250% more then stock.

This is just the beginning. There is a race casting and a Chevy BBC version for marine use as well coming over the next few years.

When I started this I was told that Edelbrock does not move fast , but moves right, this head is an incredible casting.

To the kiddos that just can't keep from bashing , I don't care. my car is making power and running great.

1.037 60 foot 2.733 330 4.60@ 157 1/8 here is the car at a NHRA event , carrying the front wheels 100 feet . We are developing the under drive times belts and losing belts . The Gates Engineer was here yesterday day and we have fix that problem once and for all

IMG_2177_zps24pwvqw4.jpg

Ya know Greg, I actually respect the amount of time you have in this industry and the people you know...and its obvious youve attained quite a bit of knowledge thru osmosis in your time...but here's the deal...what I hear/read about you, is you lobby alot, you're on the phone alot, you're talking to people in the know who can fix your problems, and you "lobby" to get investors/engineers to fix the junk you build and build what you cant.

ANYONE can pick up a steaming pile of poop and throw it at a wall to see if it sticks...
ANYONE can bolt free parts onto a project, or buy the very best of everything and have others do the work to build their dreams...but that's NOT what this site here is all about...

Dude, what I'm trying to say here, is: you'll never get any respect, accolades, adoration or hoisted up on shoulders, here, no matter how fast you go, how clean your rail burns, who your sponsors are, how many cameras take your picture, how many fundraisers you attend, hands you shake and babies you kiss...

Calling veteran members of this forum "kiddo's" because you're an ignorant asshat, tooting his own horn and not getting the attention you want, is a pretty weak minded disposition and isn't winning ya any supporters here...

I just question why you post here...are you lost little doggie? You should wander back over to DF, DP and Facebook...

Now, IF you built a rail from scratch, and used parts primarily sourced from the forums vendors, and you were talking about how AWESOME the vendors here are and all the help.and progress that you've made, and you actually bettered THIS forum/community/family thru your exploits...you'd have a whole different experience here...and probably at the track too...

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ya know Greg, I actually respect the amount of time you have in this industry and the people you know...and its obvious youve attained quite a bit of knowledge thru osmosis in your time...but here's the deal...what I hear/read about you, is you lobby alot, you're on the phone alot, you're talking to people in the know who can fix your problems, and you "lobby" to get investors/engineers to fix the junk you build and build what you cant.

ANYONE can pick up a steaming pile of poop and throw it at a wall to see if it sticks...
ANYONE can bolt free parts onto a project, or buy the very best of everything and have others do the work to build their dreams...but that's NOT what this site here is all about...

Dude, what I'm trying to say here, is: you'll never get any respect, accolades, adoration or hoisted up on shoulders, here, no matter how fast you go, how clean your rail burns, who your sponsors are, how many cameras take your picture, how many fundraisers you attend, hands you shake and babies you kiss...

Calling veteran members of this forum "kiddo's" because you're an ignorant asshat, tooting his own horn and not getting the attention you want, is a pretty weak minded disposition and isn't winning ya any supporters here...

I just question why you post here...are you lost little doggie? You should wander back over to DF, DP and Facebook...

Now, IF you built a rail from scratch, and used parts primarily sourced from the forums vendors, and you were talking about how AWESOME the vendors here are and all the help.and progress that you've made, and you actually bettered THIS forum/community/family thru your exploits...you'd have a whole different experience here...and probably at the track too...

Pretty well said Jason:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Aw shucks... Y'all know I just call it how I see it...whether I see it right or not
:eek:

You know Greg, you could always "lobby" for a nice DD vynil decal for the nose of that rail...you could say DD sponsors you with sound advise and reality checks :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its best just to put Hogue on ignore and no longer read his drivel. Don't quote his posts, either.
Its not like he ever does anything to better the sport. He's just in it for himself.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
That's where I'm at Tom. I just ignore the pompous ass. Sure, he ends up with some neat products but I'm tired of his BS. I might pay more attention again if he starts running his car faster than his mouth. :thumb:

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Hooolllyyyy shheeeettt just ignore this clown guys. Never understood why y'all feed into his bullshit. If you quit responding he'll just go away

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
No
Lol he'll never go away man.... I have been seeing his train wrecks here and on Comp D since 08, nothings changed.

^^^This^^^
Im pretty new here. When I first saw Hoagie roll's thread, I was like hellz yea! Then I did done researched his exploits, and was like..oh (in disappointment) I've never met or seen a self promoting showboat like this man is...

And how UNIMPRESSIVE his accomplishments are when compared to current standards...
Like the first diesel truck into the 9's....well, its funny cuz that truck was like a pro street dedicated 1/4 ONLY truck...now guys are putting ACTUAL REAL TRUCKS down the 1320 in the 9sec margin...and Brett's truck is clicking off consistent 8sec passes IN A C10!!!

Why respond to his shit? Simple, its a batman thing, protecting the innocent.
lol

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Saw the Edelbrock heads in person today here at SEMA. I'm not impressed at all... If they are a better material and cheaper than a stock replacement casting then great! But what I saw today was not impressive what so ever as an aftermarket "performance" product. The castings are damn near identical to stock, but the int/exh runner texture/cast is crap. You would think they would at least clean the design up or put out a true "performance" head on the wall, since thousands of people were inspecting them. Highly doubt they flow much better than a factory set if any at all..

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Saw the Edelbrock heads in person today here at SEMA. I'm not impressed at all... If they are a better material and cheaper than a stock replacement casting then great! But what I saw today was not impressive what so ever as an aftermarket "performance" product. The castings are damn near identical to stock, but the int/exh runner texture/cast is crap. You would think they would at least clean the design up or put out a true "performance" head on the wall, since thousands of people were inspecting them. Highly doubt they flow much better than a factory set if any at all..

But they will get Greg into the 9s

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com

do they look like they'll port up nice?