Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I am so glade to see a real set of high performance heads for the duramax finally here . I started lobbing Vic 3 years ago for these. Here they are !!!!

The G.M Racing Clean Diesel Top dragster got a new decal today and as soon at Chris Franks at Frankenstein Racing heads gets these off the CNC a new set of the ultimate cylinder heads These heads are solid as a rock unlike aftermarket of the past .

The Duramax Cylinder Head has higher flow ratings than stock, but can be bolted directly on as a factory replacement. It increases flow by at least 20 percent and cooling capacity by 40 percent, according to Edelbrock.

Edelbrock used a technique called Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) to create the heads. Per Edelbrock’s info sheet, “this aerospace process heats raw aluminum castings up to 900° F in a pressurized chamber (up to 30,000 psi) and compresses the casting to remove any trapped gases and internal porosity. During this process the casting is compressed to eliminate these imperfections. The result is an incredibly strong and dense sand casting that has three times the fatigue life and nearly the consistency of billet aluminum. For the engine builders and racers, HIP processed cylinder heads provide less chance of failure due to fatigue. They also provide a better, smoother machined surface finish when CNC port and chamber work is applied.”

The only bad news about Edelbrock’s Duramax Cylinder Head is you probably won’t see it real soon. Edelbrock regional account manager Mike Kovacs said the cylinder heads might be expected in the second half of 2016.

“We’re done with it, but we’re going to do endurance testing,” Kovacs said. “We want to break it ourselves to see exactly where that failure point is. If I tell you it’s bulletproof, it’s got to be bulletproof. And that’s why they do all the testing.”

12122903_920230798013452_3536508259694450276_n_zpsey8cgwjx.jpg

DSC_05461-1600x1067_zpsqw7kvmrg.jpg

DSC_05471-1600x1067_zpskc9afrl2.jpg

DSC_0552-1600x1067_zpshe4tlljg.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Greg, nobody cares about you trying to promote a sponsor you duped.
:thumb:

a little jealous....
The word you're thinking Mr longest irreverent signature, is annoyed

jackstand rail racing is back on :nanawrench:

:woott:

Hey Greg, I can pull pics from and regurgitate info from SEMA too
If you're thinking of switching seats and you're just practicing your writing skills, a look into my crystal ball says you'll have better luck stickin in the seat of your rail...:rolleyes:

Bumpin the BS like no other... :)

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Great, another excuse as to why your rail doesn't run what it should...

"But my heads were heavier than stock"
Because of all the extra metal, no doubt
:roflmao:

I actually expect to hear something like this:
" since I'm the only one working on and pioneering tuning the NIRA ECU for a Duramax, and now also working with different volumes due to these new heads, we haven't got the tuning dialed in yet...but were hoping to bust into the 11's sometime next decade"
:angel:

Last edited:

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
looks like Brodix has split the sheet with him, all the casting were junk and soft. that is why I waited for these

My guess is Wagler wouldn't "sponsor" some washed up wanna be racer to sit on the side lines so their product is junk??:rolleyes:

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Just so everyone know Wagler Competition heads are made out of the HIP castings. Jeremy did have some problems with his first sets of heads back in late 2013 early 2014. I had the first set of heads from Wagler and I did have some problems with them. Wagler worked his ass off with no help from Brodix to come up with the new head that is casted out of "HIP". Wagler bent over backwards for me and did everything in his power to help me out when I was having all the problems with his heads. Wagler got me a new set of the HIP casting heads and I have not had a single problem with them since then and that was mid season 2014.

Greg for you to come on here and talk shit about Wagler is way out of line especially since Wagler got no help from Brodix when all this stuff was going down. Anyone that knows me knows I don't get worked up very easy and this just goes to show how big of a piece of shit you are Greg. I'm sorry if this is out of line but I just can't stand people talking shit about others when they know nothing.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Just so everyone know Wagler Competition heads are made out of the HIP castings. Jeremy did have some problems with his first sets of heads back in late 2013 early 2014. I had the first set of heads from Wagler and I did have some problems with them. Wagler worked his ass off with no help from Brodix to come up with the new head that is casted out of "HIP". Wagler bent over backwards for me and did everything in his power to help me out when I was having all the problems with his heads. Wagler got me a new set of the HIP casting heads and I have not had a single problem with them since then and that was mid season 2014.

Greg for you to come on here and talk shit about Wagler is way out of line especially since Wagler got no help from Brodix when all this stuff was going down. Anyone that knows me knows I don't get worked up very easy and this just goes to show how big of a piece of shit you are Greg. I'm sorry if this is out of line but I just can't stand people talking shit about others when they know nothing.

F' YEAH
PREECH SON
I dont know a damn thing and I know Hoaggie roll is a few rolls short of a dozen. And it irritates me to see someone with so much " clout", squander opportunity. I know the sun shines on a dogs azz every now and then, and Hoaggie sticks his up and hangs it out catchin as many rays (cameras, sponsors, limelight) as he can...sucks to have a " salesman" as a self proclaimed "poster child" for diesel motorsports, instead of a true gearhead.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I'll vouch for Wagler too. We have a ton of mutual customers and not one of them is unhappy that I know of.

If people have to belittle someone else to get attention or to promote their product they are not worth the attention to start with.