Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I'm the first to say I don't know much about head design. So please explain how they will increase water flow by 40% and airflow by 75% in this size casting and have the structure to support boost and drive pressure.

Dumb it down for me please. Just saying it can be done doesn't explain your how they will achieve this.

Airflow is not about size. That is what a lot of people do when CNC porting heads, just take a given amount material off the port walls and call it good. Port design is far more then meets the eye. 400 cfm out of a duramax head is 250 % bigger then stock, and is absolutely possible, and achievable out of the new Edelbrock casting by the time these heads are available to the general public. Notice the dog leg port is straighten out enough to get a tool path in there.
As to water flow , have you ever cut up a set of Duramax heads, I have years ago. the ability to increase water flow is the easy part

Frankenstein racing heads in top of the line. They are primarily a design shop doing work for many manufactures , including OEMs like GM on the CTS V turbo motor.
There are 20 + head programs going on go different manufactures with Prototypes on the flow bench daily.

The other great deal is the process that Edelbrock chose to do production heads, Permanent mold. Their intentions are to sell many thousands of sets a years . That was not possible with the Box method used in the Brodix heads. This means a better , stronger product for half as much.

Ill have a set of the dyno before the end of the year.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
As to what I know , and who I enfluance . There is and entire world out that that could care less what a few biased people think on a forum.

I do know that my persistence over the last 3 years made this head happen.

There it is. You knew this clown would have to be taking credit for it.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
My question is previously you stated that these heads should sell for 1250 a set. Then you say they can be had for half as much as brodix heads. Those numbers do not quite add up. Especially if they will be available in air flow at 400 cfm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
My question is previously you stated that these heads should sell for 1250 a set. Then you say they can be had for half as much as brodix heads. Those numbers do not quite add up. Especially if they will be available in air flow at 400 cfm.

That Price will not be a ported set of heads, but just like the Brodix head a casting that you can load with valves , springs and retainers, and run out of the box. The heads were designed to have the material in them, to achieve 400 cfm from a good CNC program.

I've been on several different flow benches with diesel heads over the last 11 years . The stock Duramax casting is in the 145 to 160 range depending on whose bench. I've seen as much as 220 to 230 on a good set of heads. I had a wielded up set that flowed 240. The Brodix head out of the box is around 200 to 210. ported around 275 to 300. I have seen those heads Chris did for a 2.6 puller with wielding where they were too thin and merging the ports at the valve bowl flow 330 to 340

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That Price will not be a ported set of heads, but just like the Brodix head a casting that you can load with valves , springs and retainers, and run out of the box. The heads were designed to have the material in them, to achieve 400 cfm from a good CNC program.

I've been on several different flow benches with diesel heads over the last 11 years . The stock Duramax casting is in the 145 to 160 range depending on whose bench. I've seen as much as 220 to 230 on a good set of heads. I had a wielded up set that flowed 240. The Brodix head out of the box is around 200 to 210. ported around 275 to 300. I have seen those heads Chris did for a 2.6 puller with wielding where they were too thin and merging the ports at the valve bowl flow 330 to 340
The data that I have on the Brodix heads flow quite a bit more than what you have on them. They are about as much more flow as cast as the stock fully ported is over the stock head.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Billet steel heads bet they weigh 300 lbs a pair and cost 4 times as much as a cast head flowing 400. I don't see any of those on a street truck.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Billet steel heads bet they weigh 300 lbs a pair and cost 4 times as much as a cast head flowing 400. I don't see any of those on a street truck.

I love how you ignore the facts that others say so you can make up negative information about a product that you don't get for free. You really are a special level of scumbag.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I love how you ignore the facts that others say so you can make up negative information about a product that you don't get for free. You really are a special level of scumbag.

as are you,

I need them for free , and have always asked for anything free.

people like you have zero to add to any thread but a weak attempt to becoming an internet forum hero

In case you don't know how it works nothing in the racing world is free.

Last edited by a moderator:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
That's funny coming from a guy that only adds misinformation or strokes his own ego.

can you add anything to this thread , have you ever been on a flow bench or a real dyno meaning engine dyno. I have thousands of dyno pulls and spend more hours then I can count on flow benches.

what you so jealously call stoking ego is informing the regular people that just read these threads of the truth. The facts. There is a reason I am where I am and get the help and funding I get. Been at this 30 years and in the diesel arena 12 years. I talk to people in the diesel world everyday grinding them cams. Most are truly sick of guys like you on the internet !

Last edited:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
can you add anything to this thread , have you ever been on a flow bench or a real dyno meaning engine dyno. I have thousands of dyno pulls and spend more hours then I can count on flow benches.

what you so jealously call stoking ego is informing the regular people that just read these threads of the truth. The facts. There is a reason I am where I am and get the help and funding I get. Been at this 30 years and in the diesel arena 12 years. I talk to people in the diesel world everyday grinding them cams. Most are truly sick of guys like me on the internet !

The only real honest thing you've ever said:roflmao:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Ha HA

You guys just need to face it , I am not going away. There are many company's and people in the diesel community that are helping me, as they have for many years and will continue to. I know how to play on the big stage and I know how to bring bad attention to what I am doing and shame who is helping me.

Last edited by a moderator:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Ha HA

You guys just need to face it , I am not going away. There are many company's and people in the diesel community that are helping me, as they have for many years and will continue to. I know how to play on the jack stands and I know how to bring bad attention to what I am doing and who is helping me.
You are absolutely right about that
:rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What most of us consider a "slip of the tongue" is the same as Hogue being truthful. My God, karma IS real. :rofl:

Jeff, that was great!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
And none down the track

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
OMG...
THAT
JUST HAPPENED
Ha HA

You guys just need to face it , I am not going away. There are many company's and people in the diesel community that are helping me, as they have for many years and will continue to. I know how to play on the jack stands and I know how to bring bad attention to what I am doing and who is helping me.
Yes, Great Greg...like a fried chicken fart in a Baptist Church in July, you just don't seem to go away and everyone knows where the stench is coming from.

what you so jealously call stoking ego is informing the regular people that just read these threads of the truth. The facts. There is a reason I am where I am and get the help and funding I get. Been at this 30 years and in the diesel arena 12 years. I talk to people in the diesel world everyday grinding them cams. Most are truly sick of guys like you on the internet !
anyone else catch that? ^^^

as are you,

I need them for free , and have always asked for anything free.

people like you have zero to add to any thread but a weak attempt to becoming an internet forum hero

In case you don't know how it works nothing in the racing world is free.
The only wannabe internet ZERO that wants to be a hero, here, is you, you conceited troll

OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRYSLER
GREG, SHUT UP...
You talk out your bung hole sir..flow bench this, dyno that, 30 years this, 12 years that...I've got 38 years reading people, and mister, I can read you before you speak or type a word...

Occasionally you surprise me, but its short lived and I'm easily amused...
Post your BS and skate, leave your stain and go, try not to make too big a mess in here, k, lil buddy

Edit:
In case you didn't understand the last remark Greg, let me dumb it down for you...
YOU DERAIL AND SCREW UP YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD DOOD!
You're doing your own self a disservice with the banter...and just posting nonsense with no hard data...serioisly man, NO ONE is taking you at your word or face value...you say you flow bench parts, take a friggin video and say something smart, post it and see if your presence isn't more welcomed in the future...we don't believe in Santa Claus Greag, if you're gonna type it, back it...

Last edited: