Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Then there are now three aftermarket heads for duramaxs. Wagler, edelbrock,, and brodix.

Edit: three different brands but wagler makes 3 diff heads, 2 cast annnd one billet

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
looks like Brodix has split the sheet with him, all the casting were junk and soft. that is why I waited for these

Those junk and soft heads are on a duramax truck that is double your shit box rails weight and is running faster mph....

You were a load your mother should have swallowed when she was 18...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
:cold:
Those junk and soft heads are on a duramax truck that is double your shit box rails weight and is running faster mph....

You were a load your mother should have swallowed when she was 18...
:trueconfirmed:

:drama:
:shots:

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Greg, your a sad and miserable person.

Wade(ngm), who is the fastest duramax, runs wagler heads, and has not cracked anything, same heads since 2014. You should take tips from him, keep your mouth shut and learn to make power and build results!

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I realize its way to early to talk about cost for these new Edelbrock heads, but what has anybody heard for potential price?

when I started lobbying Edelbrock 3 years ago . I was asked by Vic why should we do these heads

First these heads are designed to be better in every way then a stock head out of the box . The heads as cast have 20% better air flow as cast and 40% better cooling . My selling point was to make this head about the same cost as a head from a GM dealership. With this 95% of all of the heads, will go to people doing head repair on stock farm and tow truck. with that said , the Material is there to CNC the ports to be huge

Cooling is very critical in a performance engine. The problem with melting heads in not the material ,but the lack of water in the correct places.
You can't just make the ports thicker and not address water flow.

I have for the last three years, spent many hours on the phone with the engineers at Edelbrock and lobbing the powers that be for these heads. Chris Franks at Frankenstein did the port design work . Notice the dog leg port is designed to be straight enough to CNC now.

The casting has the metal in the correct areas to double the height of the port and take flow numbers well over 250% more then stock.

This is just the beginning. There is a race casting and a Chevy BBC version for marine use as well coming over the next few years.

When I started this I was told that Edelbrock does not move fast , but moves right, this head is an incredible casting.

To the kiddos that just can't keep from bashing , I don't care. my car is making power and running great.

1.037 60 foot 2.733 330 4.60@ 157 1/8 here is the car at a NHRA event , carrying the front wheels 100 feet . We are developing the under drive times belts and losing belts . The Gates Engineer was here yesterday day and we have fix that problem once and for all

IMG_2177_zps24pwvqw4.jpg

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
And yes... 4.66 seconds in you blew a head gasket buy put John Robinson on the trailer. Yea Yea Yea we know....:roflmao::roflmao:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Tool time greg!

You back here after they run you off yellow bullet! lmao You are the most demented person I have ever seen. Anyone want to bet he will not post a time slip? You are truly a legend in your own mind.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Or he will post the same time slip 30 times and say it has more left in it when it clearly doesn't because lack of track time and newer slips has proved this.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
when I started lobbying Edelbrock 3 years ago . I was asked by Vic why should we do these heads

First these heads are designed to be better in every way then a stock head out of the box . The heads as cast have 20% better air flow as cast and 40% better cooling . My selling point was to make this head about the same cost as a head from a GM dealership. With this 95% of all of the heads, will go to people doing head repair on stock farm and tow truck. with that said , the Material is there to CNC the ports to be huge

Cooling is very critical in a performance engine. The problem with melting heads in not the material ,but the lack of water in the correct places.
You can't just make the ports thicker and not address water flow.

I have for the last three years, spent many hours on the phone with the engineers at Edelbrock and lobbing the powers that be for these heads. Chris Franks at Frankenstein did the port design work . Notice the dog leg port is designed to be straight enough to CNC now.

The casting has the metal in the correct areas to double the height of the port and take flow numbers well over 250% more then stock.

This is just the beginning. There is a race casting and a Chevy BBC version for marine use as well coming over the next few years.

When I started this I was told that Edelbrock does not move fast , but moves right, this head is an incredible casting.

To the kiddos that just can't keep from bashing , I don't care. my car is making power and running great.

1.037 60 foot 2.733 330 4.60@ 157 1/8 here is the car at a NHRA event , carrying the front wheels 100 feet . We are developing the under drive times belts and losing belts . The Gates Engineer was here yesterday day and we have fix that problem once and for all

IMG_2177_zps24pwvqw4.jpg

This event was from September 14-16 2012, here we are 3 years later. Where are all these products' you have pushed? Why are you not at any events', at least marketing if not competing?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Say what you will about Greg (I'm staying out of this one), but those heads look pretty sweet. I've traditionally had good luck with Edelbrock products. If they actually can get the price down to what GM is charging for a stock head, that could be a really interesting option. If that was an option when I built my motor, I would have jumped all over that.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
This event was from September 14-16 2012, here we are 3 years later. Where are all these products' you have pushed? Why are you not at any events', at least marketing if not competing?

your like the kiddos are out of touch , this picture and time were was from 6 weeks ago

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Say what you will about Greg (I'm staying out of this one), but those heads look pretty sweet. I've traditionally had good luck with Edelbrock products. If they actually can get the price down to what GM is charging for a stock head, that could be a really interesting option. If that was an option when I built my motor, I would have jumped all over that.

These heads are truly designed from a clean sheet of paper . I pushed and pushed hard, as I do with other mainstream manufactory to get in to the diesel arena. Edelbrock was slow moving, but they said that the only way they would do it is right. It only helps the diesel world when these large mainstream manufactures get in and make good quality product.

The great thing about a large company like Edelbrock is they do things big. This casting process lends itself to mass production and a more affordable price.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
In June of 2013... Greg said Edelbrok was 4 months away from releasing their version of the dmax head...

Looks like it wasn't so mainstream...

Proves right there that if Greg had anything to do with them making a new head, his reputation proves itself; takes years to get shit done