Big Dipper Injectors

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I installed my new set of "Big Dipper" injectors this weekend. My tranny seems to be shifting better all ready.:hug: Dyno testing this Thursday and Track testing coming up this weekend. Stay tuned.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll be interested to see how your truck runs with the sticks. I thought Steve said you had some problems with them?

jrad12381

May 12, 2008
Reno, NV
Hey Rob how big are these injectors, and are you still running a stock single cp3? Juat curious how this is helped your trans shiffting. Is it the added fuel makes the shifts faster and firmer based off the tuning?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I installed my new set of "Big Dipper" injectors this weekend. My tranny seems to be shifting better all ready.:hug: Dyno testing this Thursday and Track testing coming up this weekend. Stay tuned.

cool rob. are his the same as the current extrude hone offerings
or something diffrent ? thanks

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Still stock cp3. Just joking about the shifting, my truck shifts great with or without these. I went 30% over stock. I like the idea of pulling timing and pulse width back to get the fuel in the bowl. I'll see if the pistons can take it as I have a track day on Saturday and a 5 day race starting next Wednesday.

jrad12381

May 12, 2008
Reno, NV
Still stock cp3. Just joking about the shifting, my truck shifts great with or without these. I went 30% over stock. I like the idea of pulling timing and pulse width back to get the fuel in the bowl. I'll see if the pistons can take it as I have a track day on Saturday and a 5 day race starting next Wednesday.

Great now I feel like a retard :confused: So here goes with another dumb question. Will the stock cp3 hold up to the fuel capacity of the larger injectors.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
Great now I feel like a retard :confused: So here goes with another dumb question. Will the stock cp3 hold up to the fuel capacity of the larger injectors.

to a point and it depends how they are cut. the injectors i have one cp3 will not hold fuel for the whole run.

Last edited:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007

Yes they will. Just need to adjust the duration to the new injectors size. Now you are getting the same amount of fuel in at a faster rate. If you didn't adjust the duration, then yes the cp3 would not keep up.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
So what is a "Big Dipper" injector. Is this something he is going to produce for the masses or did he just get them extrudehoned?

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Rob would these work with a stock turbo or would you need to upgrade the turbo setup first then injectors. Just wondering if you could get the same effect with the stock turbo or if the stock injectors do a good enough job with the stocker? Good luck with the racing!!

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Keep us posted on your progress Rob!

Thanks for all the help and direction this past week on our phone calls. Nathan called me tonight so things are one order in that department.... just waiting to see what kinda luck you have with your truck this weekend, and hoping for great results!

-->Zach

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
Yes they will. Just need to adjust the duration to the new injectors size. Now you are getting the same amount of fuel in at a faster rate. If you didn't adjust the duration, then yes the cp3 would not keep up.

maybe with your setup and that injector size one cp3 might work.

jrad12381

May 12, 2008
Reno, NV
Rob do you think lessening the PW, and improving atomization will dec. the possability of blowing a hole in the pistons with your setup?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
maybe with your setup and that injector size one cp3 might work.

My trucks seem to perform well in the past, with common sense, I believe they will continue to do so.

Rob do you think lessening the PW, and improving atomization will dec. the possability of blowing a hole in the pistons with your setup?
Hopefully. This should be a good test. I like the idea of getting the fuel into the bowl where it belongs. Problem that I see is the increased C.P. and these weak pistons. I've got over 200 passes and many other abuse tests on this truck without fail, so if it now goes boooooooooooom, then we'll maybe know more. Or maybe not, these damn LBZ pistons are a crap shoot.