Allison Trans-Brake

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I really don't think they will hold up. Our trucks either hook, or break shit in the first 60 feet. Adding a device that puts zero load on everything drivetrain related then 100% load is going to leave parts on the ground.

But ive been wrong before :D
My thoughts exactly. I don't think you're wrong haha. Everyone's weakest link will be found

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I thought a trans brake would be a lot harder on parts than it has been, but I have not had any failures directly caused by the trans brake on the dumpster. I even spray nitrous out of the hole. I know it is only 2wd, but it has pretty sticky tires and has cut very low 1.6 60' times. The u-joints are smaller in the van than what is in the pickups, and the internals in the 4L85 are smaller than the Allison. I think it will hold up better than most people think. I'm sure there will be some learning curve, but I'm excited to see how Sun Coast addresses any weak points they find. I think this will really be a good development for the Allison.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I thought a trans brake would be a lot harder on parts than it has been, but I have not had any failures directly caused by the trans brake on the dumpster. I even spray nitrous out of the hole. I know it is only 2wd, but it has pretty sticky tires and has cut very low 1.6 60' times. The u-joints are smaller in the van than what is in the pickups, and the internals in the 4L85 are smaller than the Allison. I think it will hold up better than most people think. I'm sure there will be some learning curve, but I'm excited to see how Sun Coast addresses any weak points they find. I think this will really be a good development for the Allison.

Not to get off topic but I love the Dumpster Josh and it is getting quit the following :thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I love launching off a trans brake, best feeling in drag racing, but the suspension/tires need to be set up way differently when using a trans brake compared to foot braking. 2 x 4 trucks shouldn't be a big issue adjusting, but I'd be curious on how the 4 x 4 trucks will react with the available tires/suspension. I feel there will be carnage at first for sure, but this has been the whole diesel game from the beginning. Make power, improve, break stuff, R&D and repeat.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I never had the time to test any further however I'm pretty sure Suncoast used it in a few trucks over the summer. The biggest issues are the already problematic c3's are stressed that much more using it and also the obvious increased driveline wear and tear. For light competition trucks it should prove to be a great option but for the everyday driver/heavy truck it's just going to prematurely wear out parts.