800 hp lbz with tranny issues

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
How can you apply pressure to a clutchpack that doesnt even exist?

Id like to see some pictures of this "reverse valve" as well.

He is not a trans builder Ben, he was asking why? Do you have an answer? Or you want to play the who is smarter than who game? Thanks

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I apologize that I came off an ass there, I didnt mean it to sound like that.....I dont have an answer...other than that C3's are probably warped, and its because in my own personal experience and own opinion, the GMAX clutches havent proven to hold up well at extreme hp. Ive had three here that have burned up when pushed past the average Joe's 550hp stock turbo truck

turbojoe

undercover dmax lover
May 7, 2011
Farm. Hills, MI
Well.................c3s were warped. My trans guy took it apart today. You all guessed right. and yes they are the one sided gmax clutches.
Thanks
Joe

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well.................c3s were warped. My trans guy took it apart today. You all guessed right. and yes they are the one sided gmax clutches.
Thanks
Joe

They shouldn't have warped that fast. Check the clearance.Check the heat exchanger in the radiator for blockage. Did the driver break the trans in? was the trans put into fast learn? Is the driver an animal and an idiot? Whose tuning? There is always the possibility of builder error but it's not likely.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Whats wrong with the Gmax clutches?? I have ran them for 3 years, one season of 10 sec passes, and 2 seasons of 1000hp pulling.... we just tore it down last week, and it will get ran a 4th season.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
They shouldn't have warped that fast. Check the clearance.Check the heat exchanger in the radiator for blockage. Did the driver break the trans in? was the trans put into fast learn? Is the driver an animal and an idiot? Whose tuning? There is always the possibility of builder error but it's not likely.

Idaho robs tuning, not enough breakin in my oppinion. He (the driver) claims he didn't beat it hard. The taps were reset when he got home from the shop (40 min away).

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Idaho robs tuning, not enough breakin in my oppinion. He (the driver) claims he didn't beat it hard. The taps were reset when he got home from the shop (40 min away).

The TAPS must be reset before it is driven, otherwise it can have a wicked tie up on the shifts and trash the new clutches in short order.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
this ironically happened at the same time he got his dual pumps installed.:rofl:

I hope your trans guy can remidy the situation quickly for him. lord knows he wants it back for the holidays!

good luck guys

TNeill

Diesel Power
Sep 5, 2011
North Louisiana
Do you have the ability to read trans clutch engagement data, or connect pressure gauges to the trans oil ports to verify weather or not the clutch is engaged or nor engaged during shift command. Could be that wiring is causing multi clutch engagement at same time. Not sure weather you would get codes.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Do you have the ability to read trans clutch engagement data, or connect pressure gauges to the trans oil ports to verify weather or not the clutch is engaged or nor engaged during shift command. Could be that wiring is causing multi clutch engagement at same time. Not sure weather you would get codes.

The Allison 1000 has only one port for mainline pressure. Clutch test could be done with Allison DOC on laptop. This would only tell you if you had a weak clutch pack. Doubt it iselectronic as it would code right away.

TNeill

Diesel Power
Sep 5, 2011
North Louisiana
no external ports on case. Just wondering ? Honestly havent looked. Would pressure drop on main be a decent indication of internal leak ?

[email protected]

Dec 3, 2011
Jefferson, Ny
Dont feel bad i blow 2 new trannys in my dodge one after only 1000 miles and one after 100 miles and that had just an edge juice just shitty builds i guess the guy keep rebuilding them for free but went the whole summer without a truck

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
MikeL do you have the new clutches availiable? This guy would be a good candidate for testing. The trans isn't going back to suncoast, since shipping back and forth is going to cost more than my trans guy to fix it.
Im a dealer for Suncoast so i happen to ask them today about this trans.. They stated that they would have paid for the shipping but whoever they were talking to hung up before they could tell them that. This is only what im told by Suncoast.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Im a dealer for Suncoast so i happen to ask them today about this trans.. They stated that they would have paid for the shipping but whoever they were talking to hung up before they could tell them that. This is only what im told by Suncoast.

I was told the same thing Tony.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
The owner of the truck must have hung up on them. He dealt with them, and shipped it the shop. I guess he got a new clutch pack, and its going back together again

Last edited: