800 hp lbz with tranny issues

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
A friend of mine has a built lbz with a suncoast 5 trans. We put dual cp3s on the truck, and the truck made it home an hr away with limping it several times. Pulled the trans and sent it to suncoast. Suncoast refreshed the trans with new gmax clutches, did a few updates and sent it back. This time, we used a mikel converter (precision brand). Anyways, the trans bound up a day later, just the same way the first one did, but this time there is no codes whatsoever, and it feels like it has a transbrake (like multiple circuits are applied at the same time). Anyone have an idea of what it might be? Trans shifted perfect prior to this happening.

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
I was talking to Marc yesterday about this. I didn't think of it then, but possibly a solenoid popped out of the valvebody but the wire is still attached, not causing an open circuit?...

turbojoe

undercover dmax lover
May 7, 2011
Farm. Hills, MI
I just got done looking at it and in R its fine in D it will coast forward but only about 4-5 mph unlike the usual 10-15mph like you would be riding the brake. BUT when you put it in N the truck slowly starts to coast backwards (reverse):confused:. Soooo im thinking that some pressure is bleeding into the reverse circuit OR the reverse valve is not fully retracting into position and is allowing some pressure to apply reverse clutches on.

Joe

turbojoe

undercover dmax lover
May 7, 2011
Farm. Hills, MI
Have you talked to George at Suncoast?
I have, and he was thinking that C3's were warped dragging reverse in Neutral and he wanted to know if it shifts to 3rd gear but i just tryed pulling out of the p lot and as soon as it shifted into 2nd gear the rear tires just locked up skidding down the street and stopped on its own.:confused: then i had to back it up to get back in the p lot.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I have, and he was thinking that C3's were warped dragging reverse in Neutral and he wanted to know if it shifts to 3rd gear but i just tryed pulling out of the p lot and as soon as it shifted into 2nd gear the rear tires just locked up skidding down the street and stopped on its own.:confused: then i had to back it up to get back in the p lot.

Sounds sketchy joeseph, id pull it and send it back to ole' gorgey boy.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
MikeL do you have the new clutches availiable? This guy would be a good candidate for testing. The trans isn't going back to suncoast, since shipping back and forth is going to cost more than my trans guy to fix it.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
MikeL do you have the new clutches availiable? This guy would be a good candidate for testing. The trans isn't going back to suncoast, since shipping back and forth is going to cost more than my trans guy to fix it.

If you need help with shipping that trans let me know.