12.44 on Stock Turbo #2 Only

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Dunno. Roughly the same time Nick D'amico ran 13.4's with big sticks, TTS, and SS mods out west.

Certainly a TTS-Local truck would be given the "good stuff" right?

Basically, most every "Fuel Only" claim made by TTS has been fiction since the first 12.x in the White R/C cab driven by Steve for the magazines had it's bottle hidden.

There is nothing wrong with running nitrous. There is only something wrong if you use the nitrous numbers for selling folk stuff, and claiming it was fuel.

Last edited:

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Bucks truck a couple years ago, I don't think dual CP#s where out yet.

BPU(Basic Performance Upgrade)
Tuning
Air intake
Exhaust
Tranny
Lift pump
Adjustable wastegate/LB7
BD manifold
downpipe/LLY

A couple of years ago I seen bucks truck in the diesel power mag and he was running all kinds of crazy stuff like 3 stages of nitrous and propane along with the stock turbo i can't remember anything else. I don't recall the times he was running and I'm not trying to take anything from him he's a lot faster than me.

Last edited:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Why not its a bolt on part that doesn't contribute HP but corrects GMs design flaws in the exhaust system. The manifold is the same size as the PS side & downpipe is still 3" just without kinks.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
A couple of years ago I seen bucks truck in the diesel power mag and he was running all kinds of crazy stuff like 3 stages of nitrous and propane along with the stock turbo i can't remember anything else. I don't recall the times he was running and I'm not trying to take anything from him he's a lot faster than me.

Im not trying to cheerlead for him, these are #s told to me for that truck on #2 with stock turbo. it was around the time when they just went high 10s.
Who actually knows what was actually on the truck, well Im sure atleast 2 did.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Nobody needs to cheer-lead for the Spruills. They have a full-time professional cheerleader. :D

Basically, if the claims were actually true, there would have been at least one of the TTS local trucks who raced run a similiar number. There were 6 trucks I watched locally at the time, and none even came close, a 13.1x was the best out of them without the bottle on. That's more than a full second of disparity. I was testing TTS products at the time and I was at most (all?) the major diesel events, so I was very aware of what the Extreme trucks were running, both at the dragstrip and at the dyno.

TTS makes a good tune, a good exhaust, and a good lift pump. I have recommended their products many times. But I cringe when I hear some of the ridiculous mfr claims made.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
You do know that it will always be .5-1 sec. faster on the East coast right.

If I can ever get ahead finacially this year I going to do the tranny(been saying this since 05) & some other stuff, Ill try my best at seeing how close I can get to 12.4. Truck will get down to 5900-6000 & closest track is 40ft above sea level.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
You do know that it will always be .5-1 sec. faster on the East coast right.

If I can ever get ahead finacially this year I going to do the tranny(been saying this since 05) & some other stuff, Ill try my best at seeing how close I can get to 12.4. Truck will get down to 5900-6000 & closest track is 40ft above sea level.

In a regular cab should be no problem to go 12.1-11.9 good luck on your goals and let us know when it happens.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Reg Cab trucks

I must just be stupid then because I can't get close to that. Mine does weigh about 6500 give or take some for fuel. I have the McRat tune,PPE hot+2 and others and have only run 12.7's:mad:. I have run 1.70 60' times without NOS so it hooks pretty good. I don't think weight hurts these trucks like one would think it would. I put weight in my truck to 7000 to test for the DPC and still run 12.80 at 105.60. I'm not sure why some run better than others but it sure seems to happen. Jeff

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I don't know what the truck will do, if it does great, if it doesn't oh well but will be fun trying. I guess the key with cutting weight is not to lose the traction, whats the easiest weight to pull.........everything in the back. Need to look at traction bars other than Caltracs, they work but are designed for 2wds to transfer weight out back. Another thing to look at is a front locker do they help with the launch?

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I must just be stupid then because I can't get close to that. Mine does weigh about 6500 give or take some for fuel. I have the McRat tune,PPE hot+2 and others and have only run 12.7's:mad:. I have run 1.70 60' times without NOS so it hooks pretty good. I don't think weight hurts these trucks like one would think it would. I put weight in my truck to 7000 to test for the DPC and still run 12.80 at 105.60. I'm not sure why some run better than others but it sure seems to happen. Jeff

X2!! We must be missing something. I just thought my truck ran good. Obviously were about 3/10 off:(

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Slow Times!

I'm not sure Joey but I would like to find out. My truck has run a 7.91 in the 1/8 which if it was a car would be 12.20's. It has been 7.52 at 92 with NOS.Mine will not run out the back door. I promise after the DPC I will throw fuel and timing at it until it runs or sh$$'s parts out on the ground! Jeff