New single CP3, Single turbo record set!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Just curious what you think is holding the power back? A good 91mm Turbo should make 1500 fwhp+, or was this on the chassis dyno? Awesome on a single pump for sure! Keep up the good work and R&D! :thumb:

I agree, I think the heads are honestly what is holding it back. This is on my engine dyno. I tried adding fuel and it just pulled power out of it and dropped the cylinder pressure. If I bumped the injectors up to the 500% I have sitting here it might continue to climb in power but no sure until I try. The best part is it would have made the same power with the 12mm cp3 because I was running the same exact tuning and had to pull back the reg programming for these injectors. This tuning was running 32-34,000psi rail pressure with the 12mm back in April when we did it so it would have been the same. There isn't a set in stone date on the release of this pump or the pricing yet but will probably have a release date announced sometime in the first quarter of next year. I am just lucky enough to get to put it through the ringer to see how it holds up and I honestly think that this pump will have the capability with the right air to get pretty close to the 2,000hp mark by itself since it looks like the 12mm is capable of close to 1,500hp range. At 4,500rpms this pump has an advertised output of 7.5L/min @ 1800bar. In comparison for reference, a stock pump at that rpm is 3.2L/min, Sportsman pump is 4.3L/min, 10mm is 5.3L/min, 12mm is 6.2L/min at the same 4,500rpms @1,800bar. Hope this helps out guys! I will keep you guys posted if I decide to push it farther in the near future!:thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Just curious what you think is holding the power back? A good 91mm Turbo should make 1500 fwhp+, or was this on the chassis dyno? Awesome on a single pump for sure! Keep up the good work and R&D! :thumb:

I would think the stock unported heads would be a huge restriction at this power level! INSANE

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I honestly am not aiming to start any crap whatsoever but are these most recent versions of modified pumps (stroker pumps) from Exergy, Fleece, ED, etc. having any reliability issues like the ones from FloorIt, II, etc. used to have back a few years ago? Or are they pretty stable pumps these days?

Those are some really impressive numbers.

How well does the pump maintain rail at the initial onset of loading the motor? We always felt way back before they allowed dual CP3 in the old old 2.5 class (no where near the current 2.5 class that exists today) that the biggest advantage to dual CP3s was the recovery in the beginning. The duals could just maintain rail pressure so much stronger in the early part of the pull as compared to the modified single CP3s back then. Of course, the big modified single CP3s recovered and maintained rail on down the track but it took time. Just wondering if these newest stroker pumps suffer from that or if the extra volume per stroke keeps the pressure maintained sufficiently?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I honestly am not aiming to start any crap whatsoever but are these most recent versions of modified pumps (stroker pumps) from Exergy, Fleece, ED, etc. having any reliability issues like the ones from FloorIt, II, etc. used to have back a few years ago? Or are they pretty stable pumps these days?

Those are some really impressive numbers.

How well does the pump maintain rail at the initial onset of loading the motor? We always felt way back before they allowed dual CP3 in the old old 2.5 class (no where near the current 2.5 class that exists today) that the biggest advantage to dual CP3s was the recovery in the beginning. The duals could just maintain rail pressure so much stronger in the early part of the pull as compared to the modified single CP3s back then. Of course, the big modified single CP3s recovered and maintained rail on down the track but it took time. Just wondering if these newest stroker pumps suffer from that or if the extra volume per stroke keeps the pressure maintained sufficiently?

Nope, your good! I only use Exergy for my fueling needs and absolutely love them because of the quality and reliability of their products. I am still running the original 12mm cp3 I got when they first came out with them 3 years ago. I am a huge fan of running single stroker cp3's because you don't have all the clutter under the hood and the issues associated with running dual fueler kits(belt issues, broken brackets, controller issues, etc.) Why waste hp(cp3's take on average 18-40hp to turn depending on load and rpm) to turn a second or third pump if one will get the job done? Seem kinda stupid to me when you sit done and do the math. Also you are adding extra weight to the truck that you don't need either(street trucks obviously aren't concerned with this but the racers are). As far as initial hit and fuel supplied with these big single pumps versus duals I see no difference. Everyone has different preferences and this is mine and has worked very well for me so I will continue to do it this way.:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
PS-Wade brought it to my attention that the 14mm cp3 is nothing new as II built some back in the day and he ran them. They helped him set the records he did and he made 1500hp with them but they proved to be very unreliable. Unfortunately from my experience with II products, none of them are reliable anyways and this is probably why many still to this day shy away from bigger cp3's. Believe me if I had the same issue with Exergy products as we did with II, I would not be using them either! That is what will set these apart from previously tried versions because these will be realiable or they won't built them. Their reputation means far too much them to have unreliable products.:thumb:

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I would love to run a single stroker, anyone interested in a PPE dual fueler setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Cylinder pressure impresses me the most! JD 13.5L crankshafts don't like much over 250+ bar, and Mahle Monotherm pistons crack at sustained 230+ bar in the test cell, but it's the sustained temperature with all emissions stuff at 630hp....but head gasket usually failed or cracked cylinder head before both of earlier mentioned things.

They used OSIRIS in the test cells, I would love to have means to run it on our pulling truck! It was accurate to 1/10th of a crank angle degree, and man could I see what one little tuning change could do to cylinder pressure and temp, amongst other things!

That pressure seems high on the surface, but when you compress 65 PSI the max chamber pressures jump a lot. Its not like your going from Zero PSI to Oh My God either. Just the compression will bring you up to about 250 bar.

The other thing is you really don't need high resolution on the pressure plots. 1°-2° resolution is more than adequate.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
I would love to run a single stroker, anyone interested in a PPE dual fueler setup

Me too wish I had talked to Mark before I bought a Ats twin kit. What I get for thinking on my own:roflmao:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Me too wish I had talked to Mark before I bought a Ats twin kit. What I get for thinking on my own:roflmao:

How come some of you don't like the duals? Was thinkin about goin with a set for the reliability and not havin to dig in there to pull stocker for stroker.. Just wondering y some don't like them? Is it the cludder,wiring or st of that nature? I tho two stock pump put out more the the 12mm? Just tryin to figure out best option... I will b goin to the stg2r as well btw....

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
How come some of you don't like the duals? Was thinkin about goin with a set for the reliability and not havin to dig in there to pull stocker for stroker.. Just wondering y some don't like them? Is it the cludder,wiring or st of that nature? I tho two stock pump put out more the the 12mm? Just tryin to figure out best option... I will b goin to the stg2r as well btw....

Mark posted earlier in this thread about why he likes single pump applications more.. Basically less clutter, less bs to deal with on tuning, dual pumps have controller issues, etc..

Single exergy pump is install and forget.

A 10mm pump will handle way more than a stock motor will like.

12mm has proven 1100+ to the tires with 250% injectors by Mark.

14mm sounds like it's going to be the cats meow for big power builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk