New single CP3, Single turbo record set!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Got my personal built motor back up and going to do some testing this week. Little background on the build itself, Still running my 15.25:1 Finger's Oval Race CAST pistons on Carillo rods. Billet mains and studs. SoCal AF6480 cam, Socal springs and valves on stock heads un-ported, pushrods, oringed block with ARP 625+ studs, billet bridges and Harland Sharp Aluminum rockers, DHD Cast 3" y-bridge, PPE manifolds and up-pipes, Exergy Performance prototype SINGLE 14mm cp3, Exergy 250% injectors and Fass260 liftpump on street diesel fuel. I was using this to do some turbo testing along with testing this new pump to see what and how it was going to do. Well, turned out we ended up setting a new record for single CP3 with a single turbo record as a result and we are just starting to scratch the surface of what it is capable... With a 91mm turbo I hit 1380hp 1963ftlbs @ 65psi boost. This was with a peak of 305bar cylinder pressure. I think with the right turbo combination and injectors that this pump will be capable of close to 2,000hp! Time will tell but I know my next race project will be running this pump as a single!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYismzlGXDo

Attachments

• SIngle pump record.jpg
    SIngle pump record.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 125

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Awesome Mark!

Any word on when this 14mm pump would be available to the public and what kind of price there looking at on it?

Any plans on changing cam, heads, turbo set-up to see what this pump will do?

Thanks for sharing cool stuff like this Mark, I wish more shops/vendors would do the same!

Last edited:

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
That's downright impressive, congrats!!! :coolspot:

You beat harry potter, Brian Hondarider552 :witch:, to a combination of his own game and goals before he went full retard on us :spit:

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Just curious what you think is holding the power back? A good 91mm Turbo should make 1500 fwhp+, or was this on the chassis dyno? Awesome on a single pump for sure! Keep up the good work and R&D! :thumb:

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Cylinder pressure impresses me the most! JD 13.5L crankshafts don't like much over 250+ bar, and Mahle Monotherm pistons crack at sustained 230+ bar in the test cell, but it's the sustained temperature with all emissions stuff at 630hp....but head gasket usually failed or cracked cylinder head before both of earlier mentioned things.

They used OSIRIS in the test cells, I would love to have means to run it on our pulling truck! It was accurate to 1/10th of a crank angle degree, and man could I see what one little tuning change could do to cylinder pressure and temp, amongst other things!