Tare Down is underway

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Shame on my for not doing what everyone wants me to do with my truck!! but it's hard to turn down the paycheck I get to bring it to events and let it sit pretty in our booth for work. Money is much more appealing to me :thumb:

So what do you say when people ask you what times it ran? It's definately cool to see the truck having one off stuff put on it but part of the rewards is having a time you can be proud of. :thumb: still think the custom auto twins you had were the best/cleanest setup I have seen yet.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
When people ask, i tell them what it ran 4 1/2 years ago in Colorado (11 something @121 mph) with smaller chargers, less fuel and converter problems. No shame in my game. What people think of my truck is what is is. It wasn't built for anyone but me. I don't claim it to be nor do i need it to be the fastest one out there or anything close to.

Your reward may be the time slip. My reward was/is getting the truck to my specs and simply driving it.

The Custom Auto kit was cool but i never really had any input on it. I personally didn't want all those gates on it mainly because i didn't want to have the frustration of setting it up, dealing with leaks, having to assemble and disassemble any time i needed to perform any maintenance or whatever the case may be on it. Although the new set up looks complicated, it's really not.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Thank you good sir! I'm pretty excited and i'm sure it will be a learning experience.

On a side note, How's everything with yours? Liking the new setup?

I wish I knew. The machine shop I used f'ed up and now I have a new block over at Wagler Competition getting all the machine work done. Jeremy said he would be done with it sometime this week, then it will be going to Danville so me and Matt can build it. Then Mark and I will have it on the engine dyno to brake it in and see what it's got. I'm trying to get everything done and in the truck for TS. It's going to be close! I'm also waiting on my new trans from BTS with a trans brake.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Gates

Yes there are a lot of gates in it, one will be removed.
When people ask, i tell them what it ran 4 1/2 years ago in Colorado (11 something @121 mph) with smaller chargers, less fuel and converter problems. No shame in my game. What people think of my truck is what is is. It wasn't built for anyone but me. I don't claim it to be nor do i need it to be the fastest one out there or anything close to.

Your reward may be the time slip. My reward was/is getting the truck to my specs and simply driving it.

The Custom Auto kit was cool but i never really had any input on it. I personally didn't want all those gates on it mainly because i didn't want to have the frustration of setting it up, dealing with leaks, having to assemble and disassemble any time i needed to perform any maintenance or whatever the case may be on it. Although the new set up looks complicated, it's really not.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
life support

Evan Found some issues when pulling the motor (aesthetically) which resulted in 2 new fenders. All that salt on the roads in mass with no fender wells finally came around to bite me in the ass lol she's also getting the 01-02 hood conversion.. Things are coming along at their own pace but exactly how i want so i'm very pleased. He also got the fuel cell in, rear shocks relocated and a few other odds and ends done. Very productive so far

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 115

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Fuel cell was recessed into the bed and factory tank discarded, Rear shock location was moved to the back side of the axle (new QA1 double adjustable). It was Re-geared to 342, ARB locker was fixed (actuator was broken) Engine harness is being gone through and re loomed. (to be tucked and not seen) new stainless steel brake lines all around, new proto type lift-pump set up from Air Dog, NX system finally getting set up, and a whole slew of other random odds and ends

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Fuel cell was recessed into the bed and factory tank discarded, Rear shock location was moved to the back side of the axle (new QA1 double adjustable). It was Re-geared to 342, ARB locker was fixed (actuator was broken) Engine harness is being gone through and re loomed. (to be tucked and not seen) new stainless steel brake lines all around, new proto type lift-pump set up from Air Dog, NX system finally getting set up, and a whole slew of other random odds and ends
How long until this is running again and in your hands?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I just realized your triple turbo setup is 1 into 2. What are the specs on your turbos?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think it confuses people because normally the exhaust would flow from the high pressure charger and then split into the 2 atmospheric chargers.