Tare Down is underway

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Isn't that different than usual? Since typically the gt55 would be the turbo in the valley getting the exhaust first, then the exhaust would be split to the 4202's.

I don't think this setup can be compared to anything else. I usually trip major ball sack trying to figure it out/comparing.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
reverse your numbers and you will be spot on. The top two are GTX4202R's flowing into a GT5541R

I went back through and looked at all the pics, but I couldn't see a clear picture of how the compressor side is plumbed. If I understand you correctly, the 4202s are the atmosphere turbos that feed into the 5541, but the exhaust goes through the 4202s first?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I went back through and looked at all the pics, but I couldn't see a clear picture of how the compressor side is plumbed. If I understand you correctly, the 4202s are the atmosphere turbos that feed into the 5541, but the exhaust goes through the 4202s first?

That is correct.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
All I know is that when these 3 light for the first time the tectonic plates in the northeast will shift and there will most likely be earthquakes and volcanoes.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
All I know is that when these 3 light for the first time the tectonic plates in the northeast will shift and there will most likely be earthquakes and volcanoes.

All nonsense aside...His truck actually sits still, while the earth is being spun faster from the tires. The volcanoes and earthquakes happen when he turns around and actually slows the earth down from going the other direction. This is common knowledge people.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com

when i read this i laughed so hard i spit my orange juice on my keyboard and dropped the phone

I wouldn't be surprised if all that leads to another ice age..

lol 100%, extinct Animals will re emerge from La Brea Tar Pits and wonder the earth

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That is correct.

That's really interesting. Has anyone ever plumbed a compound turbo setup like that before? I wonder if it will cause any weird drive pressure problems, or if the high pressure turbo will suffer from a lack of drive pressure.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
That's really interesting. Has anyone ever plumbed a compound turbo setup like that before? I wonder if it will cause any weird drive pressure problems, or if the high pressure turbo will suffer from a lack of drive pressure.

This has been done in quite a few of the top pullers for quite sometime now

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
This has been done in quite a few of the top pullers for quite sometime now
It seems so different from the way it is typically done. Is there any benefit to plumbing it that way? I just can't quite get my head around how you would get the turbos to function properly with it setup like that. I'll have to do some research on it.