Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Guess I should explain, yes the truck that hauls a trailer can make this list, but just like the quick 50 list, they won't last long if guys decide to get serious about it. The quick 50 list use to have trucks in the 12's, and not that long ago. Soon it will take a 10 sec pass to make it. With 25 on this list, it shouldn't take long to phase out all the heavy trucks. Single cab, work truck, 2x4, slicks, allowable mods, weight at around 5500 lbs or less and all the heavy ones are gone.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I can second this statement about ctrumps truck, deff not a trailer or garage queen:thumb:

I agree the man hauled a trailer to the track willing to haul me home if I broke down.
For sure!!!Corey lives 3 hours away from here and pulled a big gooseneck trailer up here from bloomington normal ill,Raced,The only thing changed was tires,And he drove it back home another 3 hours.His truck is driven to work everyday.

Im not sure who we have to ask to have the list updated but as hard as he has work to get to here it would be nice to get his name on here please.

Smokum

May 21, 2010
Only reason is they don't like people faster than them lol, i'd say throw that thing on the list, it's a dmax in factory body, who cares if it's a truck or a van! That thing was awesome to watch, first time i saw that thing at the world finals :thumb:

Ding Ding Ding Ding. That is exactly what I have been thinking since i started reading this list months ago. The guys that are whining are the ones who are heavy or "retired" the truck from racing the way it once did for whatever reason and are now getting bumped down the list. If you are not willing to move forward or stay on the leading edge, you will get left in the dust. It is that way with anything in life. This list can only help the Dmax cause. Seems that everybody on the list is still or can drive their trucks(and vans) on the road everyday if they would choose and are living within the rules defined by the haters way back when, which leads to why I agree with Dudgy's comment. If the original "spirit" of the list is gone, then so be it. Either get with the times, or move on. :baby:

To those on the list and those waiting to get posted on the list, I'd like to say congratulations and thank you for pushing the limits and making the sport better. Hopefully someone will step up and take the list over so we can all move on. :thumb:

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
Ding Ding Ding Ding. That is exactly what I have been thinking since i started reading this list months ago. The guys that are whining are the ones who are heavy or "retired" the truck from racing the way it once did for whatever reason and are now getting bumped down the list. If you are not willing to move forward or stay on the leading edge, you will get left in the dust. It is that way with anything in life. This list can only help the Dmax cause. Seems that everybody on the list is still or can drive their trucks(and vans) on the road everyday if they would choose and are living within the rules defined by the haters way back when, which leads to why I agree with Dudgy's comment. If the original "spirit" of the list is gone, then so be it. Either get with the times, or move on. :baby:

To those on the list and those waiting to get posted on the list, I'd like to say congratulations and thank you for pushing the limits and making the sport better. Hopefully someone will step up and take the list over so we can all move on. :thumb:

:thumb:

I know we all will never meet on a agreement on what is stock and is not , but I want to say congrats on all the new times. It takes time and effort to get a truck on this list, can someone update the list for the new guys

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ok guys, since Tom doesn't want to update the list anymore, I'll keep it up to date here. I'm also going to put Charles's new time on the list because I think it should count (and I'm not alone). I know there is some disagreement, but since I'm updating it here now, I'm going to count it :p I won't be counting the van because almost everyone thinks the list should be streetable trucks, and the van is most definitely not streetable. Charles, can you post your full MPH so I can list it out to 2 decimal places. Thanks.

Code:
   [U]Name                           ET/MPH       Engine   Config[/U]  
[COLOR=Red]1) cwmeaux1 (Charles)         11.80 @ 110.9      LBZ     RC/LB[/COLOR]
2) Dudgy (Rony)               12.05 @ 109.72     LB7     EC/SB
3) Goldmax (Vince)            12.07 @ 108        LBZ     RC/LB
4) Stingpuller (Jeff)         12.15 @ 108        LBZ     RC/LB
5) N20Dmax (Buck)             12.18 @ xxx        LB7     EC/SB
6) shibby (Pete)              12.20 @ 111.04     LB7     RC/LB
7) LBZRcks (Jason)            12.25 @ 111.30     LBZ     RC/LB
8) Noreaster (AJ)             12.26 @ 109.02     LB7     RC/LB
9) RickDLance (Rick and TJ)   12.27 @ 108.30     LLY     EC/LB
10) TheBac (Tom)              12.28 @ 108.52     LB7     CC/SB
11)[COLOR=Red] ctrump90 (Corey)          12.28 @ 106.90     LB7     EC/SB[/COLOR]
12) Redbowtiesx2 (Beech)      12.31 @ 108.57     LLY     CC/SB
13) Moss022 (Jeremy)          12.34 @ 108        LB7     RC/LB
14) 05chevy (Bobby)           12.35 @ 108        LLY     EC/SB
15) skintback (Sonny)         12.39 @ 108.32     LLY     CC/SB
16) Hermans02Dmax (Caleb)     12.40 @ 108.95     LB7     EC/SB
17) Singlecabdmax (Jacob)     12.41 @ 108.30     LLY     RC/LB
18) DrHolliday (Chris)        12.42 @ 106.3      LBZ     EC/SB
19) Dmaxchris (Chris)         12.43 @ 106.69     LBZ     EC/LB
20) Micheal Tomac (Mike)      12.49 @ 107        LB7     CC/SB
21) Kat (Kathy)               12.50 @ 107.51     LBZ     CC/SB
22) llybully (Kenny)          12.51 @ 106.73     LLY     CC/SB
23) GMC-2002-Dmax (Tony)      12.52 @ 107.07     LBZ     CC/SB
24) duramaxgirlLB7 (Kelsie)   12.52 @ 107.01     LB7     CC/SB
25) rnolan (Ryan)             12.53 @ 106.9      LB7     EC/SB

Gone) Carbon04 (Daryl)        12.54 @ 106.08     LB7     EC/SB

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Ding Ding Ding Ding. That is exactly what I have been thinking since i started reading this list months ago. The guys that are whining are the ones who are heavy or "retired" the truck from racing the way it once did for whatever reason and are now getting bumped down the list. If you are not willing to move forward or stay on the leading edge, you will get left in the dust.
For the record we are not whining. I know why the list was started and who it was started for because I started it.

Racing seats, fuel cells, and gutted interiors was not who the list was for and should not be allowed. It's that simple.

You guys want a no rules list then start your own. If I get time to play again maybe I can stretch your rules like you're stretching mine. :)

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We are not whining. I know why the list was started and who it was started for because I started it.

Racing seats, fuel cells, and gutted interiors was not who the list was for. It's that simple.

You guys want a no rules list then start your own. If I get time to play again I'll stretch your rules like you're stretching mine. :)

I'll just start a new list for here, Rick.

Smokum

May 21, 2010
For the record we are not whining. I know why the list was started and who it was started for because I started it.

Racing seats, fuel cells, and gutted interiors was not who the list was for and should not be allowed. It's that simple.

You guys want a no rules list then start your own. If I get time to play again maybe I can stretch your rules like you're stretching mine. :)

Please do. Go faster. It only makes for better competition. And if this is "your" list, then step up and take it back over. IMO, a top 25 list should not be for everyone to be on no matter what the rules. If you want everyone to feel good and be on the list or get a ribbon, go back to first grade. I'm glad you started the list as otherwise we may not be having this conversation, but if you don't like it and aren't willing to pitch in, then don't bitch.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Merely stating facts. No need to get personal here or be an ass.

You guys and your arguing have already ran Tom off. He was the one taking care of it.

Josh has done the right thing and started a list for the "not so daily driver". Now you guys can all have a say in it.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Not very often but I agree with post 966. As that is correct and the ONLY reason some have stepped forward and said that isn't fair!

HOW-EVER in saying that Josh if you are starting over and making the rules as you see fit ,also with others feedback,and those that want to and have participated there is nothing wrong at all with it and look forward to seeing those push the stock internals of these engines to the MAX till someone goes BOOM! :D

You GOTTA make a separate list for "turbo in a bottle" as you know some are just crazy enough to squeeze just a lil more out of her to get to the top! :roflmao:

Good Luck!

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
Not very often but I agree with post 966. As that is correct and the ONLY reason some have stepped forward and said that isn't fair!

HOW-EVER in saying that Josh if you are starting over and making the rules as you see fit ,also with others feedback,and those that want to and have participated there is nothing wrong at all with it and look forward to seeing those push the stock internals of these engines to the MAX till someone goes BOOM! :D

You GOTTA make a separate list for "turbo in a bottle" as you know some are just crazy enough to squeeze just a lil more out of her to get to the top! :roflmao:

Good Luck!

I would be game to push mine farther with nitrous ;) three bottles would look good in my bed ;)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Josh thanks for stepping forward, I was about to say I'd keep the list since I don't have a dog in this fight and I too would have also included Charles' great time. As I said I think you guys have reached the MPH limit for these trucks, only being very light is going to make them go a bit faster. I would have never thought you could get a stock engine truck doing 11.8. That is damn impressive.:thumb:

Smokum

May 21, 2010
Merely stating facts. No need to get personal here or be an ass.

You guys and your arguing have already ran Tom off. He was the one taking care of it.

Josh has done the right thing and started a list for the "not so daily driver". Now you guys can all have a say in it.

If that was directed at me, I am not making anything personal, just stating my opinion as you have done as well. We obviously differ in opinion and thats fine. As far as being an ass, that can go both ways.

In any event, Josh did do a good thing with starting over, and I look forward to that list. Not that I want it to, but I would guess that this one will probably unfortunatley go away as no rules can be agreed upon and no one has said they will update it (unless Josh intends to do both), which is sad as you lose some of the history. Or maybe Josh will start his list with the guys on this one?

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
Just to clear the air... Josh do you mind running over the rules for this list.

I know you're cheating, because I'm cheating and you're beating me...

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
It just amazes me these FNG's. This list has gotten away from what it was originally intended to be. I'm glad Josh has stepped up but it won't be long before the bitching will start again. Really any of the mods listed will make the truck not stock. A stock truck is how you drive it off the dealers lot. I still think the Top 50 list is ok because those trucks are far from stock the other list will always be disputed.

Just my 2 cents as I'm not going to try to get on it. I'll be happy with whatever times I run.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Josh thanks for stepping forward, I was about to say I'd keep the list since I don't have a dog in this fight and I too would have also included Charles' great time. As I said I think you guys have reached the MPH limit for these trucks, only being very light is going to make them go a bit faster. I would have never thought you could get a stock engine truck doing 11.8. That is damn impressive.:thumb:

Thanks a ton Ken and Josh:hug::happy2:

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
It just amazes me these FNG's. This list has gotten away from what it was originally intended to be. I'm glad Josh has stepped up but it won't be long before the bitching will start again. Really any of the mods listed will make the truck not stock. A stock truck is how you drive it off the dealers lot. I still think the Top 50 list is ok because those trucks are far from stock the other list will always be disputed.

Just my 2 cents as I'm not going to try to get on it. I'll be happy with whatever times I run.

If you intend to get on this list and be a contender, some way, some how you made a modification to your truck. Something as simple as removing the spare tire. If you wanna gripe about having a tool box or fuel tank in your truck guess what, it's not a standard part of the truck when it rolled off of the assembly line. Your problem if you don't remove it.
I agree that some sort of new rules need to be applied and for MOST to agree on them. Not everyone will, so a majority approval will suffice.
As far as the 'Top 50' list, you said "trucks" in your statement. I think the top spots are a bit far from trucks but so be it.

Here's an attempt at the start to a base set of rules:

' Rules to Live By'

1. Most and foremost- the engine main setup must remain true to stock design. All original to design parts must be used. LB7 CP3 on a LB7 engine, ect.
2. Intake piping may be modified to your liking as we know this is only a minimal increase in actual power increase.Improper modding can also reduce power. Those that know, know this.
3. Exhaust system can be modded up to the level that it still remains to be legal in your state. Most everyone mods their exhaust whether they race or not.
4. Power improving tunes- the heart of the power. Go until she blows. It's your stock motor.
5. Due to the weak link being the stock Allison transmission, modding the Allison is permitted. Replacing the Allison with any other type of transmission is not allowed.
6. Street legal 'DOT' tires whether street style or street/strip are allowed.
Full drag tires are not. Tire size is your option.
7. Suspension- the suspension can be modified for control and stability. This is a safety issue. Suspension must also be streetable as a daily driver. I.E. - can you safely cross a set of railroad tracks?
Rollover and center of gravity of the vehicle must be kept to safe levels.
8. Weight limit. Controversy in the making. As long as the truck looks as it did from the factory on the outside, still has all of the outer body components attached, can pass a state level vehicle inspection (if applicable in your state), does not alter the integrity or safety of the vehicle, i.e. body flex or roll ( let's not get stupid here folks ). Most all states require a front bumper so one is required here. A roll pan in replacement to a rear bumper is optional.
9.All lighting that came on the vehicle must be operational for safety. The truck must be able to pass a vehicle inspection.
10. EGR Systems. Whether your state requires it or not is up to you. You have to pay the ticket if you get caught.
11. Here's another controversy. A/C System. Due to the fact that 'YES' you can order one of these fine trucks without a/c, it is your option to keep it or not.
12. Front and side factory glass is required for safety. Rear glass is optional.
13. Interior. As long as the seats , safety belts and instrument panel and gauges are intact and operational and DOT approved with the safety tags attached, the rest is on you. You can daily drive a truck with no carpet or trim panels. They are only cosmetic items and only account for a minimal amount of weight reduction. Only the drivers seat needs to be in the truck at the time of the event. Your time, your truck. Spend it wisely.
14. Fuel system alteration. Due to the fact that aftemarket fuel tanks, ( cells ) need to meet more than NHRA rules. They must meet DOT rules for crash safety ratings. If you want to drive your truck with a 1 gallon gas can, no problem. As long as it can meet and pass a state level vehicle inspection. Fuel pumps are allowed. Fuel hoses must be properly secured and protected from abrasion and heat.

All models and styles are eligible. Trucks or vans. All must be able to meet the safety requirements and be able

As far as any alterations to the vehicle are concerned, if you pay attention to the rules, the main concept is to be able to pass a state level inspection. This still makes the vehicle a daily driven vehicle if need be. We cannot state that someone must drive their truck every day. We can only state that it be possible that it can do so. If you want to pull your interior apart that's up to you.

There is no stated weight included. Due to the difference in models, this is a limitation that is hard to figure. A crew cab truck is in no way going to be able to make a weight reduction to 5500-6000 lbs. A minimal weight can be set for the regular cab and extended cab models. Weight with driver can be no less than 5600 lbs. At this weight and making 550 hp, using the calculator on this forum site, you can do the following:
Your estimated ET is: 11.69
Your estimated MPH is: 114.82
With this in mind, the current record for the number 1 spot at 11.80 is able to be broken. Only atmospheric conditions or other external conditions will change this. traction, track condition, ect.
The idea and principal of this challenge is to give yourself a goal in improving the power and performance of your truck. To learn the ins and outs of the Duramax diesel motor and the strong and weak points of the Allison transmission. It is not in hopes of someone destroying their beloved engine or wrecking their truck. WHO CAN FIND THE SECRET INGREDIENT for the hidden power these motors can make?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I see it like this...

Stock engine
Stock turbo
Stock Cp3
Built trans-OK

Any cab configuration, any box configuration
Any tire config, slicks or D/R- OK
This list was started for the 25 fastest "stock" trucks... Up to the member if they want to go 11.80 with a stock engine dually or a regular cab long bed. It's pretty cut and dry to me... go the fastest on a stock engine, turbo, cp3. No other engine mods.. like adding LBZ rods instead of LMM... your engine is no longer factory of that model year..