How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
2x ^^^

No bookface for me.

And like James said. The 1st amendment is to protect you from persecution from the government. It has nothing to do with private entities

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Today we had zero cases reported. The fear mongering clowns have come up with a new argument that we have to stay shut down because we have not hit our peak yet. We actually peaked on March 26 which is 25 days of the numbers going down. There is still 100,000's of people going to the grocery store, Costco, Sams Club, liquor store, gas stations, Home Depot, etc with no reported breakouts at any of these stores. Time to get back to work.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Since day one those moral questions of what posts are socially acceptable has fallen upon the website owners. Sure some of us may recall the early 'no rules' days of the Wild Wild Web. Where the only law in the west was how much your legal defence fund could withstand.

Personally, have a nice stack if cease and desist letters from those early ISP days. Many of those letters related to my own sucks sites created to bust balls on some corp that pissed me off. The rest are from actions of my ISP customers who pissed someone else off.

So yes FB is well within their rights to police their members as they see fit. Last I checked anyone can still create their own internet socal platform to voice their opinions, or share opinions of others without government intervention here in the USA. But from my own experience, l suggest ya start saving early for that legal defense fund to go with...

P.S. Third in line at FB, founder of Napster. Great dude I spoke with for hours over a few weeks back around the turn of the millennium. Had a great idea, plenty of backers, but dwindling defense fund issues... Wasn't able to resolve successfully as history shows. LOL

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Talking with the wife, I have never had a Facebook, but she's on there. Our states/governors page apparently is deleting any comments on asking about reopening, or rights being taken away, followed by a bunch of people asking why their comments were deleted

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
you guys are still on FB? :roflmao:

ive been off FB since all the political bull shit started at the beginning of March. cant say i miss it.

btw, fb isnt a public utility. Its privately owned just as this site is. While they do have some rules to follow, they get to choose what you get to post or see.

I've never had it. This is the only thing I do with my I pad other than buy truck parts. Lol...

I know, it was just disheartening to hear they so baltantly dispise conservatives.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Got off work early today and had a honey do list. Stopped by where we have a Lowe's, Best Buy and a Costco all together. I have never seen the parking lots so full. The Best Buy had at least 10 cars waiting in the curbside pickup. The Costco had the normal lines. The Lowe's had a ton of people. The garden department had the biggest checkout line. :confused::confused::confused: People are needing to get out and do normal living things.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I've started to notice traffic picking back up again today. I'm going to miss the zero traffic.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
I've started to notice traffic picking back up again today. I'm going to miss the zero traffic.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Same here. I finally had a bit of stop and go on my way home. Not a fan, but in a way, I’m glad to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’m confused about everything. We shut everything down to ease the peak. Which by definition the peak wouldn’t be any less either way but was a way to control it to not overload the healthcare systems, yet, at least in NC, hospitals have been laying people off and cutting hours every week due to no work. If that’s the case, open this stuff back up and let us live our damn lives instead of screwing everyone more and more.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
We’ve had our donut shop open this whole time. My wife, her brother & their Mom have been working without masks or shields, and no one is sick. What gets me is that no scientist seems to be smart enough to realize this “virus” didnt magically appear in the US in February. It was here last November and we have all had contact already. The death toll is ~ .1% and we need to open things back up. Our piece of human filth governor thinks this should go on all summer and keeps vetoing efforts to start reopening.

garyhenrich

Jan 23, 2020
I think part of the problem is “Analysis paralysis”. Everyone seems to be concentrating on the positive tests results. All the data on the flu and colds are estimates, when was the last time you got tested for the cold or the flu, like never. But they keep comparing the flu numbers to these tests.
We live in a small farming/orchard area. We had one death and one person in the hospital, but everything is shut down. It’s like nobody has it, then they test 75 field hands and 36 of them are positive for the virus but they are all asymptomatic. Now is like the plague just arrived.
Just let it runs it’s course, people need to get back to work. Not just to make money, to keep the divorce rate down, people are going crazy all locked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I've noticed a lot more traffic in the evening going home from work. It's still the same going to work; no traffic.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
We had one death and one person in the hospital, but everything is shut down. It’s like nobody has it, then they test 75 field hands and 36 of them are positive for the virus but they are all asymptomatic. Now is like the plague just arrived.

I live in same low impact area, only 2 cases in the whole county. With a wife who works in public health in different state / county. However I can't even get tested unless I lie and say I have bunch of symptoms...

Been begging for info about getting antibodies test. Like I'm speaking Klingon to all these professionals... If anyone had it months ago, I did. Would be nice to know that little fact. Wake the F up people. Is the whole damn country chasing their tail until they fall over from exhaustion??

Everyone needs to be emailing, calling, or even protesting outside every city state office until they get the message. The technology is out there to solve this simple problem, but all ya hear is next week next week. Germany is just randomly knocking on doors and asking people to take a simple blood test to see if they had it. Guess what, shit ton of people all ready did there and never showed symptoms. Is there any good reason we don't do the same, or everyone over here just happy blindly walking thru this storm bitching about the impacts??

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I live in same low impact area, only 2 cases in the whole county. With a wife who works in public health in different state / county. However I can't even get tested unless I lie and say I have bunch of symptoms...

Been begging for info about getting antibodies test. Like I'm speaking Klingon to all these professionals... If anyone had it months ago, I did. Would be nice to know that little fact. Wake the F up people. Is the whole damn country chasing their tail until they fall over from exhaustion??

Everyone needs to be emailing, calling, or even protesting outside every city state office until they get the message. The technology is out there to solve this simple problem, but all ya hear is next week next week. Germany is just randomly knocking on doors and asking people to take a simple blood test to see if they had it. Guess what, shit ton of people all ready did there and never showed symptoms. Is there any good reason we don't do the same, or everyone over here just happy blindly walking thru this storm bitching about the impacts??

Well, can’t protest in NC governor cooper made it a nonessential activity and there have peaceful protests broken up and have been arrests from it

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Round up all your buddies with 160 DB air horns on their truck, make up some signs, drive past the Capitol building a few times on your way to the grocery store. Somebody going to notice...

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

I assume you live in Athens county.

Vinton is holding strong. 0 cases!

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Well, can’t protest in NC governor cooper made it a nonessential activity and there have peaceful protests broken up and have been arrests from it

Sounds like someone forgot their Bill off Rights homework! I’m kinda looking forward to the court decisions on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.