How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Germany is just randomly knocking on doors and asking people to take a simple blood test to see if they had it. Guess what, shit ton of people all ready did there and never showed symptoms. Is there any good reason we don't do the same, or everyone over here just happy blindly walking thru this storm bitching about the impacts??

Do we really need to use German government as a starting point? It has been a while but not even 100 years. Those who repeat history?

I agree more testing needs to be done but I don't trust these rush to market tests. I am starting to respect the prior FDA procedures for bringing things to market (never thought I would agree with something the government did). This is a snake oil salesman's dream.

Life, Liberty and The pursuit of happiness. I think they are putting more on the Life right now, but I don't believe that was the way it was intended.

Just my .02 not to single out Kid.

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
Well, can’t protest in NC governor cooper made it a nonessential activity and there have peaceful protests broken up and have been arrests from it

To be fair, he did walk that back once everyone called him on it.

He's supposed to announce his "plan" later today. Dollars to donuts, he extends this out until at least May 15, probably June 1, even though NC is in about as good a shape as any state in the country right now.

The big problem with these shutdowns is that they were originally justified as necessary to keep from overwhelming the hospitals. Now that that hasn't happened, or even come close to happening (the USNS Comfort left NYC after treating less than 200 patients...), the narrative has shifted to keeping things shut down until we've eliminated the virus.

No. That's not how a virus like this works. If it did, then why haven't we shut down in the past to save millions of flu deaths over the last several decades? Coronavirus isn't going anywhere, we're not going to eliminate it. It's time for people to come to grips with that. At-risk people (and we have plenty of data now to know who they are) need to take extra precautions if they're worried about catching it, healthy people need to help take care of those at-risk people while being smart about it, and we all need to wash our hands and go on about our life. At the trajectory we're on now, anxiety, depression, suicide, drug abuse, malnourishment, and physical laziness is going to kill 10x as many people as this virus.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Our idiot country judge just mandated everyone where masks in public for the next 30 days. It doesn’t matter she doesn’t have the authority and the cops won’t enforce it. Now however every business is now following suit. We got people driving in cars alone wearing masks...Damn morons! I called my Dr. already. Im going to get an exemption because of my asthma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Looks like Idaho is starting the process of getting everyone back to work. There have been a couple of arrests I don't agree with that I'll watch the court cases to see how they play out. Strange times, for sure.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Today's humor,
I don't recall ever being so happy to see this light come on before...
87c3916ed1fca694983004ed6b221f44.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Looks like Tennessee will be back to work on May 1st. My shop has been slammed during this pandemic... really no change for me except that my 10 year old is not in school.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Luckily I work mostly behind a desk chasing a rat all day.

Company had done what it can to keep us busy. The field crews have been working. Had a few jobs push, but mostly crews are working as clients have shifted to 50% work force on site working 14 on 14 off with the off being furrow for other 50% of crew to work.

Thus far I have moved my make shift office 3 times. Kitchen table to Camper, and camper back inside house. Both camper and 2nd house stent have been on 4' folding table.

Next move is to Barn for some quiet time. Hopefully they let us go back to the office, it will be nice to actually be around the "idiots" I work with.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Well Ventura county started allowing golf courses to be open on the 21st. Walk only, keep proper distances, etc. The course was very busy today. I'm so dang tired and sore from the 22,000 steps. It was 87 degrees with a nice breeze. It was well worth it even with shooting a 91. Here you go Mike.
995254ec7562518afb09a5a2a21992bb.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I spent the week getting the 440ex fixed up after getting it last weekend, then spent the day yesterday finally getting my daughters little 50 running right and correctly (lots of junk o-rings in the carb). Had my daughter help most the time to teach her about her quad and how things worked. Had her take the spark plug out, watch the compression tester and tell me the numbers as well as wash and dry the quad, look at the air filter, and lube the chain.

Kids were sick of being inside so took them out today for a few hours before it got hot. My little 15 month old boy would NOT get off either mine or his sisters quad. He’d thrown an absolute fit if you did. Made all that work worth it. Daughter had a ball leading me or “racing” lol. They burned some energy off and momma got a good break this weekend. This shit becomes more rewarding when they enjoy it and help out

26907f3c249134f44db4cc36270b015e.jpg

9b0de45ca8630cc86e1cf1d418a7da3f.jpg

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I spent the week getting the 440ex fixed up after getting it last weekend, then spent the day yesterday finally getting my daughters little 50 running right and correctly (lots of junk o-rings in the carb). Had my daughter help most the time to teach her about her quad and how things worked. Had her take the spark plug out, watch the compression tester and tell me the numbers as well as wash and dry the quad, look at the air filter, and lube the chain.

Kids were sick of being inside so took them out today for a few hours before it got hot. My little 15 month old boy would NOT get off either mine or his sisters quad. He’d thrown an absolute fit if you did. Made all that work worth it. Daughter had a ball leading me or “racing” lol. They burned some energy off and momma got a good break this weekend. This shit becomes more rewarding when they enjoy it and help out

26907f3c249134f44db4cc36270b015e.jpg

9b0de45ca8630cc86e1cf1d418a7da3f.jpg
So cool James! These are the things that your kids will never forget!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
No shit. That stuff will kill any virus along with whomever drinks it.
Ya know when the whole run on hand sanitizer started, I wanted to post a pic of me filling up bottles with E85 at the pump. Call it "Gasoline Fresh Sented." But figured some idiot would die from drinking it...

Primary reason they put 15% gasoline in there, same reason they started demanding sulfer added in your nitrous bottles...

When your kids get to big to beat their ass to stay inside, this is what ya end up with a compromise for social distancing from their friends. LOL

https://youtu.be/WX60rNI6jkg

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
James. Just getting my toy buttoned up. Just need to do some small things to her. On our way back from the dunes today. I love 400exs but I'm a 2 stroke weirdo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200426-144409_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-144409_Gallery.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 65

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That's badd ass..

I'm old enough to remember riding one when those first debuted. And my father opted for the Big Red instead, which was slightly less dangerous..

Somehow the guy I was sharing a building with last year, also a collector. So lucky, I get to ride a bone stock survivor couple months back. Anybody wants to know how rare those are, check on eBay...

Status
Not open for further replies.