How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rta1197

May 21, 2018
So far nothing in our area. I'm sure it will eventually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Over worked, under paid, but everyone is healthy as can be, little one is 100 mph, must have got his hyperness and energy from his mother lol. How have you been Mike? Been a while since I've been on here

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
After going to the store for normal Sunday groceries today, I can say that I am embarrassed to be an American citizen right now. People are unbelievably uneducated, rude and selfish and take a me-first attitude toward anything that changes their lifestyle, not to mention the scared ones....holee shiot.

Wash your hands, cover your cough, keep person-to-person contact to a minimum, keep out of large groups and IGNORE everything the MSM is telling you for the next few months until the scare passes. Use-common-sense. Its not difficult.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing makes me angry like people acting like a-holes.

Hope all is well in the Lovrich home, Mike.

Last edited:

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
After going to the store for normal Sunday groceries today, I can say that I am embarrassed to be an American citizen right now. People are unbelievably uneducated, rude and selfish and take a me-first attitude toward anything that changes their lifestyle, not to mention the scared ones....holee shiot.

Wash your hands, cover your cough, keep person-to-person contact to a minimum, keep out of large groups and IGNORE everything the MSM is telling you for the next few months until the scare passes. Use-common-sense. Its not difficult.

Couldn't have said it better Tom. :thumb:
The wife and I went out to breakfast this morning and I can say it was like any normal day. The only thing that changed was the waitress was wearing gloves. We will be swamped with work now that LAUSD is closed. We get a lot of work done when no teachers or kids are around.
I leave for Cancun the beginning of May for a week. I haven't changed my mind just doing things as I normally do.

Hope that all is well with everyone else. Stay safe.
Hi Mike

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013

QFT.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Yeah up here in Washington state people are acting just as Tom described. Was at the store on Friday and it was packed! No fricken bread, toiletpaper or paper towels to be found. 2 isles down i found one of the reasons for this. Lady had two carts full of all that shiot. I just shook my head and countinued on.

Our family is healthy, and the last day of school is tomorrow until April 27th.
Be safe and stay healthy fellas!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 56taskforce

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think this shit will pass sooner than we think. Think family first and keep the hands washed. Stay away from people. Use fist pumps instead of hand shakes.
Never thought I would see a time like this. We WILL come out of this fine and stronger.:D

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I got a lot of work done in the garage this weekend. I might actually be able to get some projects finished up...

garyhenrich

Jan 23, 2020
I have also been spending a lot more time in the garage. Setting up a new table saw and making some storage items for the RV.

Trying to make just one trip a week to the stores and just keeping two weeks supply of key food items instead of one. A few extra weeks of canned goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
getting back to the basics and quality family time, will enjoy sending time outdoors hiking and gardening. try to isolate to not contribute to sreading this to those more vulnerable. school is closed at least for the next month.
good luck and god bless

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Nothing too out of the ordinary here, people losing their minds and stripping the shelves at Costco, etc. Keeping to ourselves, aside the wife running her daycare, the Governor here extended spring break from 1 week to 3, so the kids are excited about that

Seems like an extreme overreaction to me, I'm with TheBac on the way people are acting.

hope everyone else is doing well, stay safe

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Tons of work trips and visits cancelled. Our yearly audit got postponed which is great for us, more time to get the shop in shape for inspections:D.

We do breakfast with my 93yr old granddad every Friday. Not sure what we will do now. Gotta put his health first, but I know he will just say, “if it’s my time, it’s my time son”.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think this shit will pass sooner than we think. Think family first and keep the hands washed. Stay away from people. Use fist pumps instead of hand shakes.
Never thought I would see a time like this. We WILL come out of this fine and stronger.:D
A-men!
Tons of work trips and visits cancelled. Our yearly audit got postponed which is great for us, more time to get the shop in shape for inspections:D.

We do breakfast with my 93yr old granddad every Friday. Not sure what we will do now. Gotta put his health first, but I know he will just say, “if it’s my time, it’s my time son”.
Thats how I feel , too. If its my time, its my time. My Dad and his wife asked that none of us visit until the scare is over. We all understood. I figure if they need anything, they can call Steve or I (we're closest), we can go get whatever it is, and leave it in their garage for them.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
People in groups are assholes. We have some confirmed cases in my town, so Friday night they decided to close school for 2 weeks. It would have been nice to announce it on Thursday, so kids could bring materials home. It’s tax season, so I’m full swing with that right now... not leaving the kind of time I’d like to dedicate to schooling my daughter for the next two weeks. Stock market has my wife upset, but it’s nothing I haven’t been telling her - we’re diversified and not panic selling, so we will be ok. Lord willing, I’ll finish tax season without getting sick. If not, we’re pretty f’d, as it’s a small firm of just my family. We’re being as careful as possible, but certainly run down from the extra hours.

I hope everyone else is ok. As for shaking hands, I’m more worried that people around here can’t buy toilet paper. Lol.

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Smaller stores around here are still ok, Costco and Walmart are insane from what I’ve heard. Mesa public schools are off for the foreseeable future, the colleges are extending spring break or switching to online classes. My parents are LDS, so they’re stocked up already. I’ve got a decent stock and really don’t eat like I should anyway, so I’m really not too concerned.

It hasn’t seemed to affect the vet clinic I work for yet. Business as usual. We’re all pretty convinced that when a couple of us had a nasty cough back in November/December that was the virus. The conspiracy theories aren’t sounding overly crazy at this point.

I picked up my transfer tank today and I feel like it’s important to get it installed sooner than later. Being this far away from Ryan right now is the worst part for me. He says Washington is more loony than usual. If shit really gets bad, I’m packing up the ponies and the dog and heading north to be with him.

I just want the BS to be over with. The hysteria and the economic repercussions scare me so much more than the virus itself. Ryan and I are supposed to get married in June, but I feel like that’s all up in the air right now. I want to be a mother, to teach my kids how to be good people and take care of themselves and those around them, but I seriously question the feasibility of that dream right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Our hotels are taking a big hit too. No one wants to travel and stay in a hotel with all that is going on.

I haven't called in sick in years and don't intend too on this one either. With what I have to deal with and touch I wash my hands 20 or more times a day.

My boss started panic responding to this virus and told me to install these hand sanitizer stations in the house keeping closets for our staff to use. I tried to explain to her that the sanitizer used in it was not meant or effective at destroying viruses, not to mention the Covid 19, and the CDC states Alcohol or bleach solution should be used. She goes on to tell me "well this will give them something" and "we will work on that later but they need this now". I tried to tell her this could make things worse if the staff thinks they are being protected by using what is supplied by the hotel for this virus when in actuality they are not. Then later I see our manager putting a sanitizer station right next to the soap dispenser at a sink in our laundry room (where she would be better off just washing her hands instead). Telling our laundry lady "this is to protect you from the coronavirus". I'm thinking to myself, Holly shit these people couldn't be more stupid. Anyways, venting over

But to be frank, washing your hands properly is more effective then any rinse free hand sanitizer. So, for best protection, wash regularly

Stay safe and healthy my friends, common sense will win every time.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Charter captains are going bust here, hotels, restaurants and bars are done for. It's a political attack, look at who is leading the charge...

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Staying alive

Good ad can be I guess. People are just idiots is the biggest problem. I just hope things calm down and common sense kicks in. I was arguing with a person the other day and told them I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning picking up my power ball winnings at the lottery office! They told me I was stupid. LMAO That's a fact but it doesn't change my odds of dying from this hyped up stuff. scared money don't make money and I'm not stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.