How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Our governor Roy Cooper took away NC right to religion and freedom of peaceful assembly yesterday. I do not believe he has the athority to override the Consitiution and Bill of Rights...

The problem with kindergarten is that you not only get a start on education but also socialization. It takes a very patient special person to teach kindergarten, I am not that individual. My wife works with an MRI machine so she hasn't missed a minute of work, that leaves dad to do almost everything, including still take care of my customers needs (I'm a marine electrician and lots of people live aboard their boats here and the commercial fishing fleet is in full swing still providing fresh seafood for the masses). It's starting to become a bit overwhelming, I couldn't imagine having monatary issues on top of all this. I really feel for everyone in the service industry, I have been going to my favorite restaurants and tipping them a 20 on 9 dollar wraps and such. This is completely overblown, the percentage of infection in my county is .0023%, the percentage of pain caused throughout the county that will last years is 100%...

I think it's starting to take a toll on all parents, I work in a hospital(plant operator) so i get to at least get out of the house, but my work schedule has been the same. However, the wife has had all 3 of our kids 24/7 for the last 3 or so weeks,since they canceled school. Mine are 8,9 and 2, my 8 year old isn't handling the lack of socialization so great, nor is the wife.

It sucks for sure, hang in there, as of may 4th here, the are lifting a ton of restrictions for medical and other "non essential" services like massage therapy, stuff like that. At this point I am more worried about the new normal will be and how we recover economically

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Once the first and main goal of controlling a pandemic is achieved, everyone can start thinking about going back to work, church, or wacking off on the subways..

"Anyone who wants a test can get one."

Until that simple ability to distinguish who is actually infected, or has previously been infected is widely available, than everyone screwed. Best we would have accomplish by going back to normal activity today is delaying the outbreak by a month or two.

If you can identify where it is, and where it isn't spreading, than it's simple as checking the weather. But we lost that ability on week one because if no mass testing. If this was really deadly like Ebola, we'd be in a total global melt down by now. However if you look at how we've managed to avoid one, just look how seriously the WHO takes that action every time it pops up in the congo..

Things really ain't that bad overall. We just need to use our resources and science wiesly to out smart something that lives on the very bottom of the food chain.

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I saw that, Virgina's governor is a piece of shit. You would think he would have better things to do, like actually help the people in his state, especially while there are lots of people out there hurting, instead of stripping more rights away from the people.

He is a politician and worse yet he is still getting paid...

Take his paycheck away and help the businesses or people that actually need it , I bet he would cry like a baby.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
We don't count.:mad:

Well, thank goodness we are essential workers then because the small business loans ran out and the Dems are blocking the new proposal for more funding to those who need it and didnt get it...

On a side note, I need a 2wd allison six speed converted to a 4wd. I have a new 4wd tail housing but not the output shaft and nut. If possible I would like to trouble you at some point.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well, thank goodness we are essential workers then because the small business loans ran out and the Dems are blocking the new proposal for more funding to those who need it and didnt get it...

On a side note, I need a 2wd allison six speed converted to a 4wd. I have a new 4wd tail housing but not the output shaft and nut. If possible I would like to trouble you at some point.
Call me

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
We only have 3 confirmed cases in the county i live in Missouri. Everything here is slowed to a crawl or closed. Boat ramps are shut down. Last year we had record flooding, and this year the virus crap. Some of these marinas may fold up getting hit two years in a row no business. Everyone stay safe out there!

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
They closed all the boat ramps in FL where I was testing. So decided to go drag the boat home to Ohio where we currently have a whopping 3 cases in my county today. Now directly across the river from me they're pushing 30 cases, so I'll have to take care not to drift to close while out on the water.. But river is crap again with all this rain.

Anybody here live on Lake Norman? I've towed a boat over that body of water like a dozen times and never even stuck a toe in the water...

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-far-more-widespread-than-previously-thought

...tested samples from 3,330 people in Santa Clara county and found the virus was 50 to 85 times more common than official figures indicated.
As of Tuesday, the US’s coronavirus death rate was 4.1% and Stanford researchers said their findings show a death rate of just 0.12% to 0.2%.
If this is true, and it scales across all or most places that have infects, this is MAJOR news. A 0.12% - 0.2% death rate is....a bad flu season.

I said this nearly a month ago way back on page 6. I'm most certainly not a biology type of person, but I am definitely a math / statistics / data type of person. And the math of how many people have had this virus, given the contagious factor that the "experts" are saying it has, simply doesn't add up. It hasn't from the start.

That still doesn't mean that we shouldn't do anything about it. Some new virus coming along that kills just as many people per year as the flu (which kills a LOT) deserves significant action. But if the numbers above hold true across most populations, then our reaction thus far is way too extreme.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Humor of the day..
e56dd259b783971db83e6fff5a4435a9.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you guys are still on FB? :roflmao:

ive been off FB since all the political bull shit started at the beginning of March. cant say i miss it.

btw, fb isnt a public utility. Its privately owned just as this site is. While they do have some rules to follow, they get to choose what you get to post or see.

Status
Not open for further replies.