Question: Who on here has been unhappy with results using Amsoil?

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Yea, you are right, might as well ignore me an anyone else with an opinion after using a particular product for 10 plus years.

and about the inside of an engine. I had an 01, had 200,000 miles on it, when the injectors went out the second time. GM bought it back off of me, and I was there when they tore the heads off of it to get it ready to send back to GM. I had ran the Series 3000 5w-30 HDD Amsoil in it for 150,000 miles, NO OIL CHANGE. The inside of the engine VERY clean. I did not have a camera to take pics, did not even have a camera phone at the time, so I did not get pics of the oil pan or the heads. There was very little black around anything. Some in the corners of the heads and some around a couple of the springs. The 2 mechanics there said it looked like a brand new engine inside. Definately better than what they would have expected when I said I had not changed the oil for 80,000 miles. I had never used the 15w-40 Amsoil, so I do not know how it would have looked, but with the 5w-30, looked great.

To each their own, it is YOUR money and you can use it for whatever you want to do. BUT keep your hypocritical bashes about people who chose to be different than you to your self and talk about your experiences with a product. But these personal bashes is what made the DP such a piece of shit!! Especially the smart ass remarks from MMLMM about me not being an Amsoil dealer and bashing everyone else that is. WTF??? So what?? what does that have to do with the Thread??

I did not criticize ANYONE for changing their oil every 3,000 miles or anything else, I did however, criticize someone for just brashly blaming a product for a failure that is unproven and he said it was.

I've worked for a couple of dealerships and have heard horror stories from customers as well as stories and facts from representatives in upper management for GM, if you would have told any one of these people, including mechanics, you had not changed oil for 150,000 miles or even 80,000 miles, you would have never received an offer for buy back.

Has to be more to the story, or less. Just Saying.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
I've worked for a couple of dealerships and have heard horror stories from customers as well as stories and facts from representatives in upper management for GM, if you would have told any one of these people, including mechanics, you had not changed oil for 150,000 miles or even 80,000 miles, you would have never received an offer for buy back.

No it's plenty beliveable, i know of several old timers that have ran the amsoil for 100's of thousands of miles with nothing but top off's and filter changes.

I have not gone that long but i did do a few 35k oil changes with amsoil, just filter and top off @ 12 k, no issue's.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
No it's plenty beliveable, i know of several old timers that have ran the amsoil for 100's of thousands of miles with nothing but top off's and filter changes.

I have not gone that long but i did do a few 35k oil changes with amsoil, just filter and top off @ 12 k, no issue's.

Shit man how many people do you know??? You must know atleast 2/3 of the country, your bull shit stories are always backed by indisputable evidence along the lines of "Well I know atleast 10,000 people personally who have never had an issue with (insert bullshit here).

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
So I just found that I am no longer banned at the place... But I did have 4 PM's asking how to make an LBZ smoke? I'll have to check into this... Maybe it's all the amsoil I run, I turned my oil pump screw 3 turns to the left increasing my oil psi from 30 psi at idle to 302.67394 psi at idle

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

And this has what to do with a GM buy back?

On the subject though, just because it's done, doesn't make it right.

Specialized89

Apr 25, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
I have ran Shell Rotella 15w40 in all 3 of the Duramax's I have owned and have never even remotely had an issue because of it.
150,000 miles on one oil change is absolutely rediculous. I would rather spend the 60-100 bucks on oil changes every 6000 Kilometers so I don't destroy the expensive engine in the truck I worked so hard for...
It seems alot of people believe all the hype about Amsoil that they read...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'd like to know if I ingested amsoil if I could go 150 days without taking a dump.
There is no way in the world you will convince me an a bunch of other people that oil will still lubricate and cool after 10K miles. There is a breakdown.
Wonder if these idiots would drink recycled urine? Oh wait, that's different.:rofl:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You all do understand that there a LOT of truckers who never change their oil until the oil analysis says to. What's so unbelievable about people running their oil for a long period of time with only filter changes & top offs. Do you not believe the oil analysis reports from the labs?

I've got a bypass kit for this very reason. It goes on with next oil change. I hope to go to annual oil changes. These lb7s tend to get dirty & I just don't want to run the oil longer than or even that long if the analysis recommends it.

I'm going to run Schaffer oil tho if I can find it locally.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
No Mike you would dump three times a day due to it's superior lubrication properties, you would also walk around with wood all day and all night for 20,000 days now pills needed. But when you shoot eye protection will be required do to the vilocity inwhich it will exit your pcv valve

DougSmith

You all do understand that there a LOT of truckers who never change their oil until the oil analysis says to. What's so unbelievable about people running their oil for a long period of time with only filter changes & top offs. Do you not believe the oil analysis reports from the labs?

I've got a bypass kit for this very reason. It goes on with next oil change. I hope to go to annual oil changes. These lb7s tend to get dirty & I just don't want to run the oil longer than or even that long if the analysis recommends it.

I'm going to run Schaffer oil tho if I can find it locally.

contact for Schaeffer Oil:
Gary Hornback
Louisville, Kentucky
[email protected]
502-797-4096

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Amsoil in the race car

DATE SAMPLED
DATE RECEIVED
DATE REPORTED
Hrs
OIL CHANGED Changed
OIL GRADE Unknown
FILTER
Amsoil
LAB NO. 41020159278
OIL BRAND
OIL ADDED
Hrs
10-Dec-10
16-Dec-10
17-Dec-10
SIF NO. 10111405
WO NUMBER
Metals (ppm)
Iron (Fe) 19
Chromium (Cr) 1
Lead (Pb) 3
Copper (Cu) 5
Tin (Sn) <1
Aluminium (Al) 11
Nickel (Ni) <1
Silver (Ag) <1
Titanium (Ti) <1
Vanadium (V) 1
Contaminants (ppm)
Silicon (Si) 18
Sodium (Na) 9
Potassium (K) <5
Water (%) <0.05
Coolant No
Additives (ppm)
Magnesium (Mg) 118
Calcium (Ca) 1785
Barium (Ba) 7
Phosphorus (P) 1277
Zinc (Zn) 1549
Molybdenum (Mo) 8
Boron (B) 13
Physical Tests
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 15.7
Fuel (%) <1
Soot (%) <0.1
Physical / Chemical
Base Number (mgKOH/g) 6.6
Oxidation (Abs) <1
Nitration (Abs) <1
UIN: 0255245
Page

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Shell Rotella is the only oil I will run in my truck! 5w40 Full Synthetic. Its easy to get and has been proven by millions of truck drivers. Ask anyone that relies on there vehicle or equipment to make a living and they will agree that Rotella is the best. Either 15w40 or 5w40. I change mine every 3500 miles along with the fuel filter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Shell Rotella is the only oil I will run in my truck! 5w40 Full Synthetic. Its easy to get and has been proven by millions of truck drivers. Ask anyone that relies on there vehicle or equipment to make a living and they will agree that Rotella is the best. Either 15w40 or 5w40. I change mine every 3500 miles along with the fuel filter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dido rotella is awesome :thumb: like I've said my bearings looked new at 200 k

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I run Citgo synthetic 5-40 and change it with filter every 5 to 7K. I would never let it run any longer. Oil breaks down and you won't necessarily see it in any kind of testing.
Why would you take a chance?

Heres my take on this I believe MikeL is right on any oil is going to break down either viscosity isn't going to be as superior and either is the detergents cleaning the sooty deposits left behind in a diesel amongst other things that aren't going to show up in a oil analysis. I would NEVER take the chance.

I also agree that if I told GM on a engine replacement that I haven't changed my oil in 100,000 miles they'd send me packing. That voids your warranty. Funny Eggsack reading that DP thread says GM knows what they're talking about as far as the Transfer case goes but are full of shit on doing routine oil changes. That's a crock you can't have it both ways!

Run Amsoil if you'd like but I would never run oil that long. Comparing over the road truckers verses these trucks and city driving is comparing apples to oranges. GM as others have recommended oil changes based on driving conditions. Truckers driving primarily highway long haul can go extended oil change schedules.

Oil that gets dirty (black) is doing its job. I don't care how many oil filters you put on your system IMO if it stays golden color the particles are probably being left behind in your motor not being cleaned out or suspended. There are many particles below the filter micron that isn't being collected that's why your oil gets dirty.

Forget the advertisement hype and change your oil.

Reactions: Mickey D

towboattrash34

Sep 30, 2010
Picayune, Ms
In my Harley I swapped to amsoil syn and oil pressure is lower and valve train is alot noisier. I will be putting regular dino oil back in it. While syn oil is good and have it's purpose I don't care for it.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i hear soo much on both sides i have been useing rotella 5w40 syn and will continue to unless i can physicaly see some kind of reports and not just one that it will improve my engine life bearing wear and so on