Question: Who on here has been unhappy with results using Amsoil?

DougSmith

Yea, Mike, I understand what you are saying. If anything goes wrong in the motor, blame the oil! Got it! I will remember that the next time a part fails like say maybe an oil pump or a valve. Cause those parts NEVER go bad.

I think I will switch back to changing my oil every 3,000 miles so that IF something goes worng, I can blame it on the parts then instead of the oil, cause changing the oil every 3,000 miles would make someone else FEEL better. Even though every single car and truck manufacturer and now every synthetic oil manufacturer are ALL advertising EXTENDED drain intervals. I saw Castol advertise on Speed channel just this weekend.

I will make you some Kool Aid and send it to you, what's that address again??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I run Citgo synthetic 5-40 and change it with filter every 5 to 7K. I would never let it run any longer. Oil breaks down and you won't necessarily see it in any kind of testing.
Why would you take a chance?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
You guys should send your samples out to another company than amsoil, or write that you used some other company than amsoil on the info when you send it to amsoil, bet it comes back with another story.

Your out of your mind if you think you can run 100k on the same oil and all is fine.

Bypass oil filter did the trick, give me a &^%@^$# break.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I had two engines here last month to get rebuilt, one (lly) ran amsoil its whole life til it cracked a piston @ 109,000, the other(lbz) we just tore down to buiuld @ 114,000 it ran rotella its whole life, the engine that ran amsoil was disgusting inside, a black shitty layer coverd the whole inside of the engine to the point that the alum parts were stained, the other engine cleaned up like new with hours less of cleaning time....i wouldnt run that crap as two stroke oil in someone elses weedeater.....JMHO..... I myself run castrol 15/40 FWIW

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mickey D

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Eggsack think you need to tone it down a bit man you had good luck with amsoil cool some haven't an some have good luck an don't mind spendong 39 bucks a month if that to change there oil every 3 k we are all intitled to a opinion

clearly he didnt fill out the 1 form that makes you a amsoil dealer like 8907508025235 people out there just to post long posts about how you can go 9087809324523 miles without changing oil and save thousands to buy your wife dinner once in a while. Its like free money! /sarcasm

tfkostecki

Sep 11, 2008
I also noticed a drop in oil pressure running amsoil. Seems like it runs Quieter with it though. Is the rottela any thicker of an oil?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Ran amsoil is many vehicles, bikes etc. Never had an issue or problem... is it magic in a bottle? hell no... but seems quality like many other good quality oils (redline, mobile 1, brad penn, neo synthetic, motul etc. etc.)

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
I ran it for awhile... I was always pushing oil past my turbos when running all out. there would be a ton of oil in the boost tubes. Switched back to good ol 50 plus JD and don't have that problem anymore:dontknow:

Hells yea. I run all JD oil, mostly because I work for a dealer. Never had a problem. I've run PLUS-50II 15w40 and 0w40 synthetic. Great results with both. Analysis always comes back good. Pretty cheap compared to Amsoil, even at retail prices.

DougSmith

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282820&page=7

Long read, but this will give you an idea of the caliber of guy eggsac is...Might be best to just ignore his posts and carry on without him included...

Yea, you are right, might as well ignore me an anyone else with an opinion after using a particular product for 10 plus years.

and about the inside of an engine. I had an 01, had 200,000 miles on it, when the injectors went out the second time. GM bought it back off of me, and I was there when they tore the heads off of it to get it ready to send back to GM. I had ran the Series 3000 5w-30 HDD Amsoil in it for 150,000 miles, NO OIL CHANGE. The inside of the engine VERY clean. I did not have a camera to take pics, did not even have a camera phone at the time, so I did not get pics of the oil pan or the heads. There was very little black around anything. Some in the corners of the heads and some around a couple of the springs. The 2 mechanics there said it looked like a brand new engine inside. Definately better than what they would have expected when I said I had not changed the oil for 80,000 miles. I had never used the 15w-40 Amsoil, so I do not know how it would have looked, but with the 5w-30, looked great.

To each their own, it is YOUR money and you can use it for whatever you want to do. BUT keep your hypocritical bashes about people who chose to be different than you to your self and talk about your experiences with a product. But these personal bashes is what made the DP such a piece of shit!! Especially the smart ass remarks from MMLMM about me not being an Amsoil dealer and bashing everyone else that is. WTF??? So what?? what does that have to do with the Thread??

I did not criticize ANYONE for changing their oil every 3,000 miles or anything else, I did however, criticize someone for just brashly blaming a product for a failure that is unproven and he said it was.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
........ in it for 150,000 miles, NO OIL CHANGE. .......
Just stop peddling this product. Stop reading into claims. I dont care what tech showed you the inside of your motor. Based on your post, you probably have no idea what the hell you were looking at, matter of fact we dont use oil in out motors to make them all shiney...Im happy you and the tech thought your motor was nice and clean, wow...

150k on no oil change????? plain stupid.

Hey, please take the money you save and buy condoms or birth control please...

EDIT:
Especially the smart ass remarks from MMLMM about me not being an Amsoil dealer and bashing everyone else that is. WTF??? So what?? what does that have to do with the Thread??

Its no different than what you are saying. I guess I am bashing, but read your posts dude....Its hard not to. And your post are biased and bashing people that dont agree with you....LEt me get this straight, you + the folks at amsoil, (and I am sure there are more like you) can sit here and go against what has been taught to billions of people, and say we are wrong and throwing our money away???? I be the people at amsoil wont make the claims you do.

I dont find amsoil to be all that bad of a product, its just some people like to take it a lot further than what it really is, and NEVER LET UP, I guess thats all they can do to justify their purchase or something. Run amsoil if you will, or any other oil of your choice but dont expect it to be magic fluid no matter the brand/logo/spokesman/cult that endorses it.

Last edited:

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
At what point did I or anyone else BLAME amsoil for any failure? Think you're reading into an implication that isn't there buddy. Never did blame their product for the failure, however it does seem to correspond to the timeline in that my oil pressure never changed until I began using it. Good luck to you eggsac, perhaps you'll soon hold the record for most miles without an oil change....

Oh, and by the way, I won't sick any attorneys on you for the damages to my truck because you said it would be ok to run 300000 miles without changing my oil, like you said you we going to do to me and Ben for saying it was ok to run your truck in 4wd. :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Amsoil dealers are ex telemarketers out of a job and pimp oil out of their garage.
It may not be a bad product but I would never buy it or use it because of the hard sell bastards that sell it out of their garage.
Everyone in the fricken country sells fricken Amsoil out of their fricken garage.
My favorite dealer is Dirt Bag Dad and his deep pan specials.:rofl: He says 40 deg drop in temps.