Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I watch Mark Bell, Silent Mike and Ed Coan on how to deadlift and they say to look ahead a few feet to keep the spine in a neutral position. Being Ed Coan is arguably the greatest power lifter of all time I listen to what he says

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I watch Mark Bell, Silent Mike and Ed Coan on how to deadlift and they say to look ahead a few feet to keep the spine in a neutral position. Being Ed Coan is arguably the greatest power lifter of all time I listen to what he says

Yeah i think it's a bit easier to maintain a good lifting position with a straight neck. I don't look up alot of stuff online but I talk to people that do lol.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
No gym this week so far. I'm ay the hospital now with my wife, we are going to have a little girl finally

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Not too savy on reading the whole 129 pages lol but have any of you folks ran SARMS? Ive ran them twice now and I picked up some size and strength on the 2nd run of LGD.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Thanks man, did you get your new ride yet? So we stay remotely on task my wife bought me some cheap lifting straps I could use when I do some stuff and don't want grip to be the limiting factor. Also plan on doing squats as soon as I get a chance to get away long enough to get my gym bag and go for some relaxation

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Lol I love my vagina grips, at least I'm a man and don't use baby powder:binky: :D

I did the rubbing alcohol and chalk and just keep in mind the tip of a squeeze bottle can get plugged up and dry out over night and when the plug shoots out of the bottle it can make a hell of a mess. So use a bottle with a good sized hole in it. I've also got a 30 dollar bottle of liquid grip and I used it like 5 times and gave up. Rub it on wait for it to dry, and I had to reapply every set. It's still in my cabinet probably dried out lol.

I don't use baby powder cause I don't eat butt (pull sumo):rofl: But it's in the gym bag just in case lol

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Not too savy on reading the whole 129 pages lol but have any of you folks ran SARMS? Ive ran them twice now and I picked up some size and strength on the 2nd run of LGD.

Not sure what that is? Wolf is our resident chemist, I defer all that stuff to him. He smart like that:D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Im going to order a pair this weekend.

Deads conventional
135x8
225x5
275x2
315x3
335x1
355x1

Squats
135x8
185x6
225x3

If you go to versa grips actual site you can read there sizing chart and them order the size you need somewhere else. I already have the royal purple ones so no copying:woott:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Chris Versa grips work well. I'm using Rogue leather lifting straps when I do shrugs and heavy rows. Once in awhile I'll use them on deads when the hands are wrecked but not normally. Honestly if your not competing use what ever feels good or helps guys. I'm just busting balls most of the time.

My dead set up has morphed over time as I have gotten older/stronger.

1. Line up with the bar over my mid foot, just inside of shoulder width. Toes just slightly out.
2. Take a sec. to work on my breathing before I bend over and grab the bar. I start pushing air into my belly and bracing my core.
3. Bend down and grab the bar with my hands straight down from my shoulders but not dragging on my quads to much.
4. Grab the bar with an over under grip, with the bar bell in at base of my fingers and the start of my palms. I grip tightly and lock my index and bird finger over the top of my thumbs.
5. Sit back on the bar and pull my lats and shoulders back as tight as I can. I keep as neutral of a spine as I can, back not rounded or arched, I look at the floor about 6-7 feet in front of me. I maintain the neutral head spine position all the way through the lift. I have had back/neck issues so I'm a bit of stickler on form/technique out of necessity.
6. Initiate the pull with my quads (pull the bar back towards your shins to keep lats tight and keep the arse from just shooting up) Jesse Norris has been working on this with me.
7. Finish the lockout by bringing the hips through at the top and locking the legs at the same time. (sumo pullers should straighten the legs first followed by bring the hips through, 2 part lift)

Anywho I'm not the best puller but I do ok for an old dude:D and the above technique has been keeping me healthier and less injured.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
seated military press 115x10 135x10 145x9 155x8. Seated dumbell press 65x10 70x10 75x9 85x6. Shoulder flies,misc trap work,shrugs. Row machine 3500 meters.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Went to the gym in Rigby Id today... Wow I have regressed something fierce:rofl: I don't remember when I was at the gym last but 4 days of 12-13 hours straight of driving has me feeling not so tough.

high bar squats, bench, and pendlay rows today. Nothing special as I haven't been able to train much or properly eat and rest for the gym... Got a good sweat on though.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Second week of candito.
First time I've ever done sumo deads successfully. Once I learned it was a two part pull I got the hang of it. Before I was trying to straighten my legs and hips at the same time. Didn't go real heavy on it, just some sets of 275, but I feel like I could pull close to my conventional pulls.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Congrats Brock!

If you go to versa grips actual site you can read there sizing chart and them order the size you need somewhere else. I already have the royal purple ones so no copying:woott:

Im getting pink ones.

I was able to get 390 up Tuesday. Went for 405 and got stuck about 6" off my chest :eek: Getting closer so hopefully get it in the somewhat near future.

Damn! Thats 200 more than my max. :baby:
You guys bringing any trucks to East Coast Nats this year?