Twins with Twins, Anyone?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Ken can't help him I don't think. Lol. He is super sharp with outboards though. I had a big power sporty that was burning up his wheels, had to go with Veem. No problems since, just an FYI if it starts burning them up...

I know he does mostly outboards, but I've seen him help some people with some bigger stuff, and he may know somebody locally who has some wheels that will work.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Thanks guys. I'll didn't see any #6 style props listed on his site, but I'l still ring him up tomorrow. Was loaned a nice set of cleavers today, but it was after lunch and we didn't make it back out on the water. Did manage to fix the lift pump and wired in the canbus gateways. Actually has working dash gauges now. :thumb:

Plan for early tomorrow is, remove the swim platform so we can use the gopro to monitor the props. Then head back to the water before it gets to bright. I'm working on a pretty decent suntan from this adventure. :)

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Contact Brian @ Market 17 marine in Wilmington. He was Reggie Fountians riggor for the go fasts, he will know what to spin and will most likely have what you need.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Got one with sound compiling now.

Today was full of highs and lows. Highs, engines performed flawlessly. Good temps, pressures, spooled well, and both smacked 4500R a couple times. The new props hooked up better, so 6 blades helped, but drives are still too high.

Answered the question "What would happen if PAS triggered by accident?" The TB tripped by accident on port engine, loaded up and making 35psi boost. Then prop cut loose and she smacks the limiter. Followed by a huge bark and a What The Hell, out of my AU buddy.... I was only surprised that the Vibrant clamp and tubing held it..

Then after a few more attempts to get on plane, we heard a bang, and stopped to inspect everything. Found nothing until we put it on the trailer. That's when I noticed, oil leaking from side if port drive. Believe a broken gear tooth matches that noise...

0357ae3ea3aea90e6d776493b2599cc1.jpg
0c1cf7766dd57574480164243c25f7dc.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
who rigged the drives on this boat?those boxes are suppose to be 3/4" from the bottom of the boat.
never broke a gear tooth,have done in a couple of chains.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
All good questions...

The plan was to source a third set of props with more cup give it another try. Then lower the drive 2 inches and test again.

The lower units are off and ready to be shipped back to California. Be at least a couple weeks before she is in the water again.

Tonight I'm driving back to Ohio, then going to Utah and play with the other Duramax jet boat which is also in testing stage this month.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Put Idaho trip on hold for couple weeks to allow the shit paper storm to blow over. Good time to catch up on paperwork here in BF SE Ohio.

Did have Ryan fire up and flush out both the engine cooling systems this week. He did a ballance rate test on both. Everything looks well. So now it's wait and see about the drives.

In case ya missed it, here is some cell phone video of prop testing. Engines sound ready to rock..

https://youtu.be/sCElHPIPJ0U

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Ha, freaking idiots are losing it down here. Store shelves are empty, no milk even, it's stupid. **** the media for blowing it out of proportion, only upside is I made a killing in the market today. lol...

What did they say happened to the drive?