TS Outlaw Drags called off! (From CompD)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I really doubt they are related to TS episode . Times are tuff everywhere with the economy . Alot of shops struggling to keep above water .

x2 we need some events in California though it kinda sucks that with J&H being canceled there are no events period.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
We should try and rent a track for a day... how expensive is to to have a mobile dyno come for a day as well?

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Out here it is usually just go to the track and race gassers .

For me , I have to stick with the fart cans . They are more my speed .

You guys get to blow off the Z06's . :D

Next event I know of is Lancaster fairgrounds pulls . Only one of the year near socal .

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You're saying exactly the same thing I am but you're trying to argue it but which truck is used as an example ?

Pat's truck wold take that poll here....because it's Pats' board.
Jimmy's old truck would likely take it on any number of other sites....because of Pat's whiney reputation alone.

Nobody likes a whiner and Pat has that reputation............it is what it is.

I was going to let this sit, since I felt it's way off the subject, but as I take a couple minutes break while preparing for another race, I figure you deserve a shot, because in a way it IS related.

Whinning is a really big subject with your crowd. It's their answer to everything when they don't get their way, or get caught being crooked. I consider you just another groupie who follows whatever he's told to, but since you've brought it up:

"Our trucks are tuned for 1/8th mile, change the rules or we quit."
"No, dragracing is normally 1/4 mile when possible, just live with it."
"You godamn whinner!!!!"

"I need to tow my truck to the start line, and the 7 second rule is stupid so I won't use it. My truck should be exempt from any rules I don't like, because I've got sponsors."
"Follow the same rules everyone else does."
"You godamn whinner!!!"

"We need a 10.50 index class so we can win."
"Indexing is a bandaid. Go all out."
"You godamn whinner!"

"The 10.50 index was created by whinners (us) and should be abolished."
"That's the rule you made. Live with it."
"You godamn whinner!"

"Diesels need tighter safety restrictions than gasoline or methanol racers."
"There isn't a problem with safety."
"You godamn whinner!"

"Our shop truck can't win with a stock charger. Let's make stock mean 2.6."
"Most trucks in this class are running stock chargers and want it that way."
"You godamn whinner!"

"You can't run your truck entry with two drivers."
"We cleared it explictly with the race organizers months in advance, and you personally saw the run order and entry list in advance and didn't say a godamn thing."
"You godamn whinner!"

"We like to party hard BEFORE all races and diesel events. There ain't nothing wrong with it cause we always do it that way."
"These are supposed to be family events, and in any case, partying before racing is a recipe for disaster."
"You godamn whinner!"

And the list goes on and on. In your dictionary, whinning means any opinion that makes you and your groupies look like assholes. That covers an awful lot of ground, because there is so much to work with.

I spend alot of money and time racing, and when I see idiots trying to wreck the sport, I'm not going to shut-the-fk-up and kiss their asses. Because whether you like it or not, your shut-the-fk-up weasels are selling the sport down the river. Anyone who sucks up to them is a traitor.

I'd much rather be labeled a whinner than a traitor or kiss-ass. Which are you?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I'm the thorn in your side, asshole.
Sit out there on the west coast and cry about stuff that happened years ago...I could care less.
The reality is, you have no idea what goes on.

TS for example....there WOULD have been a Pro drivers meeting where the drivers themselves would have voted on 1/8 vs 1/4.
"We" would have had nothing to do with it...it was up to the drivers.

A lot of the crap you're whining about is old DHRA stuff.....news flash, Pat...they're gone and the new sanctioning bodies are trying to right past wrongs as best they can. I have no bearing on their decisions so maybe you should take them up with them instead of whining to me on your forum ?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'm the thorn in your side, asshole.
Sit out there on the west coast and cry about stuff that happened years ago...I could care less.
The reality is, you have no idea what goes on.

TS for example....there WOULD have been a Pro drivers meeting where the drivers themselves would have voted on 1/8 vs 1/4.

A lot of the crap you're whining about is old DHRA stuff.....news flash, Pat...they're gone and the new sanctioning bodies are trying to right past wrongs as best they can. I have no bearing on their decisions so maybe you should take them up with them instead of whining to me on your forum ?

You aren't a thorn in my side, you're just another lemming in the vast herd going over the cliff because you believe everything you're told if it's said with a southern drawl. I heard the capital of Texas is now Atlanta according to the diesel gurus. Pity,one thing I really admire about Texas is their independence, too bad it's been sold out for some free parts and a six pack of Naty Light.

I do enjoy how it's now entirely the weather that screwed up Bowling Green.

An "Act of God".

Heck, the CompD staff are all Gods, so it must be youse guy's fault... :hello:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No offense to you, but that was about the dumbest idea I ever heard. Why would someone want to drive hundreds or thousands of miles to a race race not knowing what they would be running?
You aren't a thorn in my side, you're just another lemming in the vast herd going over the cliff because you believe everything you're told if it's said with a southern drawl. I heard the capital of Texas is now Atlanta according to the diesel gurus. Pity,one thing I really admire about Texas is their independence, too bad it's been sold out for some free parts and a six pack of Naty Light.

I do enjoy how it's now entirely the weather that screwed up Bowling Green.

An "Act of God".

Heck, the CompD staff are all Gods, so it must be youse guy's fault... :hello:
Huh :confused:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I have a lot of respect for the Texas diesel racers, and I've met many of them and consider them friends. They tend to be trend setters, not followers, and generally of good character.

I don't think that's the case with That Guy. I think he's ashamed of the Lone Star state. Who do you think killed the Texas Nationals? It wasn't Texans.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
No offense to you, but that was about the dumbest idea I ever heard. Why would someone want to drive hundreds or thousands of miles to a race race not knowing what they would be running?
Huh :confused:

This was decided on weeks before hand by the Pro class drivers. Everyone knew what was going on....there were no surprises.
If the majority had said 1/4....it would have been 1/4 and vice versa.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
This was decided on weeks before hand by the Pro class drivers. Everyone knew what was going on....there were no surprises.
If the majority had said 1/4....it would have been 1/4 and vice versa.

Dennis started a thread over on ComD asking for input on April 21st, it was closed on April 22nd. He said there would be a vote by the drivers/truck owners friday nite prior to the race. To be honest with you judging by the tone of the last couple of Dennis' posts and pm's I recieved from other racers, it looked like we were going to race 1/8 mile. I found out after the fact the the vote was postponed till Sat morning. As it turned out it was a moot point. While I didn't like the thought of racing 1/8 mile, we would have lived with it. I would have like to have a bit more notice than just befoe the race if that was the case. Sometimes democracy goes only so far, benevolent dictatorship can be the best call. Make the call with plenty of lead time, to hell with the vote. Those who don't like don't come. End of story.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Dennis started a thread over on ComD asking for input on April 21st, it was closed on April 22nd. He said there would be a vote by the drivers/truck owners friday nite prior to the race. To be honest with you judging by the tone of the last couple of Dennis' posts and pm's I recieved from other racers, it looked like we were going to race 1/8 mile. I found out after the fact the the vote was postponed till Sat morning. As it turned out it was a moot point. While I didn't like the thought of racing 1/8 mile, we would have lived with it. I would have like to have a bit more notice than just befoe the race if that was the case. Sometimes democracy goes only so far, benevolent dictatorship can be the best call. Make the call with plenty of lead time, to hell with the vote. Those who don't like don't come. End of story.

Here is the link.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54550

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008

Untill I'm behind the wheel of a Pro class truck I guess my opinion doesn't matter much.
That will be changing very shortly though when DeRanged is complete....and I may get some wheel time in in another truck soon also.

At this point I'm neither here nor there on the subject. I'm one of the few that love 1/8 mile racing...I spend as much time as I can with my brother at the ADRL events they run.
4.0's at 185+ in the 1/8 is exciting no matter how you slice it. LOL

I know a lot of people love 1/4 mile...but it's hard to argue that 1/8 is easier on parts. It is what it is I guess.