TS Outlaw Drags called off! (From CompD)

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
You aren't alone in your way of thinking, and matter-of-fact, until very recently (3 days ago) the general concensus on CompD was Smoke Is Good.

But in the next few years you are going to be given a choice: Keep it clean, or retire. Since diesel events attract diesel pickups, you can't separate the racers from the spectators. If the spectators become a nuisance, they will crack down on them, and the events will vanish. Performance shops cannot survive selling just to race-only trucks, so the performance market will dry up as well.

Here's your wakeup call:

They broadcast on the Bowling Green? radio station for the listeners to drive very cautiously since there are people blacking out many intersections so you can't see the stoplights.

Holy smokes. Any of you "smokers" willing to go to jail for vehicular homicide because you blinded the safety measures at an intersection deliberately?

I doubt it. I think you'd scream UNFAIR!!! I WAS DOING NOTHING DANGEROUS!! THEY DIED BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T DRIVE WHEN I'M TRYING TO SMOKE THE PLACE OUT!!

Playtime is over. You exceeded the boundaries, and brought it into endangering the public. Those who deliberately smoke out public roads at diesel events need to be gotten rid of at all costs. Take their trucks, and sell them. Donate the money to charity. Better them than us.

Theres just as many big smoke tunes out there for D-maxes as much as there are people over fueling 12 valves out there. People having smokeless competition trucks isnt going to translate to people driving respectfully down public roads.

BTW I've never smoked out an intersection, my 05 tune is pretty smoke free for the most part, and the only time I've ever tossed smoke at anyone was when they had an Obunga sticker on there car, my DD tune is nothing more than a light haze for the most part, enough that smoke jackass cop thought that it was tire smoke. So I'm no smoker.

I've got alot of respect from you Pat but, the comment in bold is just ridiculous.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Mechams truck is just as impressive to me as max'd out or any other truck running those times, it has just as much ingenuity if not more when you consider the head work on it. To knock a truck because it isnt a common rail and tuned on a computer to me is just stupid, it'll be a sad day in Diesel performance when 1 guys 10 second run is less impressive than the next guys because of his smoke level or the fact that he may not have a common rail. But whatever, different strokes for different folks I guess. I may be biased because I feel the P-pump is a better way for building a competition truck and I grew up in the midwest. Others may be the opposite way, but I dont think either way is hindering our sport or giving us a bad name.

Flame away...

FWIW I hear meacham has ditched the fancy head and deere injectors and has gone back to a 12v head and injectors and runs better than it used to.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Theres just as many big smoke tunes out there for D-maxes as much as there are people over fueling 12 valves out there. People having smokeless competition trucks isnt going to translate to people driving respectfully down public roads.

BTW I've never smoked out an intersection, my 05 tune is pretty smoke free for the most part, and the only time I've ever tossed smoke at anyone was when they had an Obunga sticker on there car, my DD tune is nothing more than a light haze for the most part, enough that smoke jackass cop thought that it was tire smoke. So I'm no smoker.

I've got alot of respect from you Pat but, the comment in bold is just ridiculous.

Sorry, I didn't mean it personally. I'm answering the hundreds of those who have posted supporting smoke, mostly Dodge guys, mostly other boards. If the news radio is issuing safety warnings, it's most likely the city council if not the state legislature is going to hear about it. Bowling Green might have been the national trigger point. Let's hope not.

We either get the smoke under control or watch diesel events become truly "outlawed". Getting kicked out of the dragstrip was bad for the racers, having a sloppy sled pull irritated the pullers, but drawing media coverage of crappy and dangerous behavior on the city streets will reach much further.

Smoke might just be another 'safety' issue that has to be addressed. Lack of a rollbar might injure one racer. Smoke problems could perhaps injure us all.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I heard it is a 12 valve head with the JD injectors built by Haisley.

The smoke is one of the reasons I like watching diesel races and pulls. I keep the smoking on the streets to a minimum. If I want to puff out a cloud I usually do it on the backroads. And as long as there are idiots driving diesel pickups your going to have smokin on the streets. Ie: a kid here in town always wants me to help him get his truck to run good and smoke a lot. I tell him what tuner to get and guess what. He smokes all over town. IMO the smoke will always be a part of the diesel sport.

And as far as the aholes that caused the drags to be cancelled. Castrate em.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i heard it is a 12 valve head with the jd injectors built by haisley.

The smoke is one of the reasons i like watching diesel races and pulls. I keep the smoking on the streets to a minimum. If i want to puff out a cloud i usually do it on the backroads. And as long as there are idiots driving diesel pickups your going to have smokin on the streets. Ie: A kid here in town always wants me to help him get his truck to run good and smoke a lot. I tell him what tuner to get and guess what. he smokes all over town. Imo the smoke will always be a part of the diesel sport.

and as far as the aholes that caused the drags to be cancelled. Castrate em.

thats the problem and why theY would cut all of us off just to punish few :( between global worming excuses and things like happened @ ts they will act somE how eventually its only a matter of time .

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I heard it is a 12 valve head with the JD injectors built by Haisley.

The smoke is one of the reasons I like watching diesel races and pulls. I keep the smoking on the streets to a minimum. If I want to puff out a cloud I usually do it on the backroads. And as long as there are idiots driving diesel pickups your going to have smokin on the streets. Ie: a kid here in town always wants me to help him get his truck to run good and smoke a lot. I tell him what tuner to get and guess what. He smokes all over town. IMO the smoke will always be a part of the diesel sport.

And as far as the aholes that caused the drags to be cancelled. Castrate em.

There is a difference between an individual blowing some smoke now and then, and having an announcement on the radio to beware of the diesel pickups.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You aren't alone in your way of thinking, and matter-of-fact, until very recently (3 days ago) the general concensus on CompD was Smoke Is Good.

The staff at CompD has been promoting less smoke for a while now.....so don't single out our site and start your freaking bukllsh!t...not over this subject.
I'm more pised than you can imagine over this last weekend and I won't listen to your delusional crap.

I thought you'd act right for a change..I should have known you didn't have it in you.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The staff at CompD has been promoting less smoke for a while now.....so don't single out our site and start your freaking bukllsh!t...not over this subject.
I'm more pised than you can imagine over this last weekend and I won't listen to your delusional crap.

I thought you'd act right for a change..I should have known you didn't have it in you you prick.

Guess you need to read CompD more. I was a member there for years, and I got into smoke discussions many, many times. There had always been a minority voice against needless smoke, but the "smokers" have always been louder. Until now. Hopefully it remains.

Can you think of another time in the history of diesel motorsports where the media was warning the public about the diesel pickups being an imminent danger? I can't.

That is a line that should have never been crossed. Ever. Hopefully nobody important was listening to the radio. And that is certainly not the Weather, TS, Schied, KYFairgrounds, or Beech Bend's fault. It wasn't part of the event.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Fukk you Pat....you're a sorry piece of sh!t for trying to even insinuate that this is my or CompD's fault.

Was it bad....hell yes it was.
Was it our fault that some drunken idiots fukked off the whole town ? No

We did not promote ANY of that shit and you're a sorry mother fukker for saying we did.

You can ban me now you piece of shit....I've had it with your crap. If this was a normal episode with you....I might be nicer but you know damn good and well how personally I'm taking this past weekend DESPITE our best efforts to keep things under control.

If you had seen the look on Dennis' face when Dallas called about the crap Friday night you wouldn't pick at this but you just wanna push sh!t that shouldn't be pushed.

Way to kick a guy when he's down, azzhole.

Again...fukk you. You're not worth my time or effort you fukking idiot.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Fukk you Pat....you're a sorry piece of sh!t for trying to even insinuate that this is my or CompD's fault.

We did not promote ANY of that shit and you're a sorry mother fukker for saying we did.

You can ban me now you piece of shit....I've had it with your crap. If this was a normal episode with you....I might be nicer but you know damn good and well how personally I'm taking this past weekend DESPITE our best efforts to keep things under control.

If you had seen the look on Dennis' face when Dallas called about the crap Friday night you wouldn't pick at this but you just wanna push sh!t that shouldn't be pushed.

wow you can calm down anytime chief. The truth and facts remain that idiot people think smoke is power... and it comes out at these events... try and come to California and have 5 trucks coughing out smoke i bet that within minutes those trucks would be cited by the police. Out here smoke is on its way out simple as that kids with Cummins and a Smarty with big injectors have been led to believe that smoke is this holy grail of power. It is ridiculous

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
wow you can calm down anytime chief. The truth and facts remain that idiot people think smoke is power... and it comes out at these events... try and come to California and have 5 trucks coughing out smoke i bet that within minutes those trucks would be cited by the police. Out here smoke is on its way out simple as that kids with Cummins and a Smarty with big injectors have been led to believe that smoke is this holy grail of power. It is ridiculous

I agree with you....but I highly disagree with PAT singling out CompD as the breeding ground for this crap....it was around long before our site was.
It was cool at one time....times have changed....we promote the new line of thinking but Pat McAsshole still has a personal agenda with our site and TS specifically...so he uses this worst of occasions to kick us while we're down
That's class right there.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I just did a search for "smoke switch" here...got a whole page of hits.
I guess DD.com isn't as innocent as Pat would have some believe.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I just did a search for "smoke switch" here...got a whole page of hits.
I guess DD.com isn't as innocent as Pat would have some believe.

make a poll and you will see the consensus vote is less smoke. You can't say NO SMOKE OR SMOKE because that is ridiculous. Everyone agrees that minimal smoke is quite necessary when you look at Jimmy Smiths truck that is absolutely ridiculous. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6sm0lFKmXU&feature=related

virtually identical times and a completely different approach to making power. If you put this video as a poll on CompDiesel i would bet 90% would favor Jimmys truck over Pats and that is the majority thought process on CompDiesel because the majority are Cummins owners there. Here smoke is not a goal our trucks I can't give a shit if my truck smokes as long as it makes power

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
You're saying exactly the same thing I am but you're trying to argue it but which truck is used as an example ?

Pat's truck wold take that poll here....because it's Pats' board.
Jimmy's old truck would likely take it on any number of other sites....because of Pat's whiney reputation alone.

Nobody likes a whiner and Pat has that reputation............it is what it is.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Personalize it if you like, but I'm not. This is an on-going problem that has crested the next hill. Lots of folk have been warning about it, but in general, they are scoffed at. I actually bring my children to these things. Family diesel events? Not all of them, regardless of the hype and PC internet crappola.

Funny but when several thousand Corvettes show up in Bowling Green, they aren't warning the general public to look out. Uh, seems they welcomed us with open arms. And yes, I was driving a diesel pickup towing the car.

There was some drinking, but it wasn't the purpose of showing up.

Face it, the intention of many of these "diesel competitions" is to go get wasted and do burnouts. Where was the outrage the last few times this happened? Or was that "different"?

When will it be "enough"?

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
not to but in here but enough!!!! it's over and done with we need to learn form the mistakes and look on! enough bashing people!!! have a :beer

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Alky pulling tractors vs diesel theres no comparson, noone gets into or likes watching alky tractors pull.

I totally disagree. To say "no one" is going a bit far. I like smoker tractors but you put them side by side with an alky class and I'll watch the smokeless tractors with the extra thousand or two horses.;)

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Plainfeild and Indy put a stop to the nonsense last year and every one was crying about it. IMO it needs to happen at all the events!

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
There are more than a few threads that addressed this on CompD last year and after Schieds as well, and prior to this even again, ugring people to act responsibly or we might not get invited back. NOT everyone is on internet forums and most of us that are active on these forums REGARDLESS of which ones they are, are very responsible and dont act in the matter that a few chose to act in. If someone had and was able to release the photos of the jackasses that ruined TS for everyone I doubt you could go, oh yeah this is so and so's truck he's on this forum they cause all sorts of trouble. Ringing each others necks with this Cummins vs Duramax/ CR vs P-pump fued is stupid, were not the one advocating this or breeding this kind of behavior, I dont see the need to pull each others teeth out...