Trans Crossmembers

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Decided to go with high def plasma on the parts. Looks really good, you have to look close to be able to tell it isn't lazer. Price is way better! Definitely going to help keep the price down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 201

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Decided to go with high def plasma on the parts. Looks really good, you have to look close to be able to tell it isn't lazer. Price is way better! Definitely going to help keep the price down.

I got to use one before, definitely leaves a clean cut!

Glad that's going to help the cost, only reason I never bought the djm one was tyebcost even though I've scraped mine a dozen times on speed bumps.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm hoping these will sell for under $300.00, just left my guy that does my laser cutting. Hope to have parts to get started tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long, it's tough to get a project started. I don't like to take money in advance but after the prototype is complete I'll post pics and may take orders for the first 10 as long as I'm sure I can deliver within a couple weeks.

Thanks Landon. Looks like you've got 6 sold already. I dont mind paying in advance, as you've been a known Dmax guy for quite some time and we know you pretty well. ;)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

I don't want to step on any toes here, but just a word of caution/advice. I built my own crossmember out of a piece of 2" square tubing, and I had to leave it hanging about 1/2" below the frame because if I tried to raise it up level with the bottom, it would hit the torsion bars, and I had the truck lowered pretty significantly at the time giving me just a little more clearance than usual. Just something to keep in mind and look out for.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I don't want to step on any toes here, but just a word of caution/advice. I built my own crossmember out of a piece of 2" square tubing, and I had to leave it hanging about 1/2" below the frame because if I tried to raise it up level with the bottom, it would hit the torsion bars, and I had the truck lowered pretty significantly at the time giving me just a little more clearance than usual. Just something to keep in mind and look out for.

Thanks for the heads up, my design does leave room for the torsion bars. The cross member I'm building is 3/4" above the bottom of the chassis, below the torsion bars. That leaves 1"-1 1/2" clearence, I hope that's enough. I know they move up and down some.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for the heads up, my design does leave room for the torsion bars. The cross member I'm building is 3/4" above the bottom of the chassis, below the torsion bars. That leaves 1"-1 1/2" clearence, I hope that's enough. I know they move up and down some.
I figured you had it handled, but I thought I should mention it just in case.
Torsion bars, who needs those:D

i know the feeling :D

We can't all be fancy like you two.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Landon asked me to post pics of the crossmember. Please direct all questions to him.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Thanks guys, the welder wanted to act like a little bitch this morning but still turned out ok. I'll post another pic after its painted. I want to do powdercoat but the closest place is an hour from me. I may just sell these primed and painted with a textured paint and also offer them unpainted for people that want to have them coated themselves. Id like to post a price but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. If an admin would pm me some info on becoming a vendor I'd appreciate it. If it's too costly or involved for just selling one product I will sell these through existing vendors.