Trans Crossmembers

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Still working on this, the prototype fit an LMM but not LBZ,LLY AND LB7. Been busy with other projects also so it's tough to juggle time around. Sorry for the delay!

I was just wondering about this the other day, Glad to see its still "In The Works" :thumb:

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Any update on the crossmember? I have made my owe and can make them for others if no one else is building them. Just want to make sure Landon isn't still working on this first.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Mind posting a picture of what you made? Broviak just mentioned he has one on his truck, so Id be interested to see it.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Holy BIG blurry pictures batman, hahaha:roflmao::roflmao: I couldn't resist...

Looks good. Did you use chromoly tube? Are they holding up well?

Yellowchevy

thats mild steel.

tothemax, your missing quite a bit of structure thats going to allow flex in the bar and eventually lead to cracking/breaking. higher hp trucks will speed that process up significantly. welding those two peices of flat metal in a butt joint style with no added support and you created a fracture point. only relying on that 1/4 thick strip along the bar for the actual trans mount will work that bar over when abused as well and start to tear the weld at the tube. specially if someone runs a poly mount.

dont take that the wrong way, you got a good idea, it just needs some improving before id sell it on here. add a few more gussets at the ends vertically that rest against the frame or bolts to it as well (that would really strengthen it) and make the that little 45* piece you have supporting the trans mount the same width as the actual angle iron (or both pieces longer even), make those flat tabs 1 piece and you have something that should hold up well providing the tube wall is thick enough (i would prefer chromoly in this instance but i like over building)

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
tothemax, your missing quite a bit of structure thats going to allow flex in the bar and eventually lead to cracking/breaking. higher hp trucks will speed that process up significantly. welding those two peices of flat metal in a butt joint style with no added support and you created a fracture point. only relying on that 1/4 thick strip along the bar for the actual trans mount will work that bar over when abused as well and start to tear the weld at the tube. specially if someone runs a poly mount.

dont take that the wrong way, you got a good idea, it just needs some improving before id sell it on here. add a few more gussets at the ends vertically that rest against the frame or bolts to it as well (that would really strengthen it) and make the that little 45* piece you have supporting the trans mount the same width as the actual angle iron (or both pieces longer even), make those flat tabs 1 piece and you have something that should hold up well providing the tube wall is thick enough (i would prefer chromoly in this instance but i like over building
thank you for your input. I do plan on making some changes to the next ones but not due to any failures yet.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Any update on the crossmember? I have made my owe and can make them for others if no one else is building them. Just want to make sure Landon isn't still working on this first.
I had good intentions, I built a prototype that worked good but still needs to be refined. I'm extremely busy and just haven't had time to move forward. If you would like to pursue this feel free. If you do get something going I won't but in.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
I have made several that have been running in a few high power trucks. I just have been slacking on biteing the vendor cost if the demand isn't there.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
So far so good! The original one he built for my truck was moved to my wife's truck and he built me a new and improved version got installed in my truck!So far so good, zero issues and I've been hard on them!:thumb: