Trans Crossmembers

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Guy,

Have you ever thought about making another batch of Mike's trans X-members???? Just curious.

Thanks

Tom

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Lighter, lower profile -- for me, just the "cool" factor of having a superior part made by a friend.

Another option: If Guy and Mike aren't going to make any more of them, is there any way we could get the measurements and materials list so we could make our own?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
How many pieces would it take to be worth making? Maybe we can start a group buy list.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I would like to see Landon Watson build one.
His control arm cross member is a work of art and should be installed on every drag racing/sled pulling truck. The man can really build some good stuff.
On another note; I got the same kind of response as above for my SoCal cross member and after they were built, I couldn't give them away. After about 2/3 years I finally sold them.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
His control arm cross member is a work of art and should be installed on every drag racing/sled pulling truck. The man can really build some good stuff.
What is this? I don't think I've heard of it before.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
On another note; I got the same kind of response as above for my SoCal cross member and after they were built, I couldn't give them away. After about 2/3 years I finally sold them.

Have a link ^ ? I would like to see this control arm / cross member.

On topic, I intend on buying a flush mount cross member for my race truck at some point in the near future being it is so low to the ground now. I doubt it will ever hit anything except possibly bottoming out coming on and off the trailer but if I could gain some clearance and shed some weight at the same time, "Why not"...

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
What is this? I don't think I've heard of it before.
I designed these a few years ago and mike helped me out with advise and test fitting. I could never get a reasonable price on lazer cutting which kept me from being able to sell at a reasonable price. Tony was my biggest seller, which was only one here and there. I eventually just turned the rights to the part over to him which in turn as enabled him to build them cheaper and sale to his customers at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 208

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I designed these a few years ago and mike helped me out with advise and test fitting. I could never get a reasonable price on lazer cutting which kept me from being able to sell at a reasonable price. Tony was my biggest seller, which was only one here and there. I eventually just turned the rights to the part over to him which in turn as enabled him to build them cheaper and sale to his customers at a reasonable price.

You've always done some sweet work Landon :hug: