Info: Toyota Tundra towing the space shuttle...Really

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I love the commercial disclaimer that "the Tundra is towing far beyond its capacity for a short distance." :roflmao:
I like how they took the camara off the rear diff in the comercial right before it was trying to point towards the asphalt from flexing to much.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
The stock toyota V8 consumes as much fuel as a 1000 HP duramax! Shameful fuel economy. Maybe one day toyota will put in a third pinion support in their rear ends, piss poor engineering at best. Hey pat you replace the wiring harness in that forklift you bought yet?

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
Apples to apples in the 1/2 ton market, the new F-150 takes the cake any day

Get it on
Got to get it on!
No choice but to get on!!
Mandate... Get-it-on!!!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The stock toyota V8 consumes as much fuel as a 1000 HP duramax! Shameful fuel economy. Maybe one day toyota will put in a third pinion support in their rear ends, piss poor engineering at best. Hey pat you replace the wiring harness in that forklift you bought yet?

Nope. Ours gets little use. It will be the last forklift I buy most likely.

It's a tool I need a couple times a month, but when I need it, I need it.

Seems most the Toyota lift is made of American parts, like the lift booms and forks are from an Oregon company, as is much the rest.

Note, that most my CMM's are Mitutoyo as well. I buy American cars and trucks because they fit my needs better than any imports, not because I hate imports. If Japan, Germany, or Italy made a car/truck that fit my needs I might buy one. They don't.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It is interesting to note that the Shuttle has a much larger tow capacity than the Toyota pickup. I has more HP, better acceleration, and typical miles at trade in are several million miles.

They should have had the shuttle tow the Toyota. There would be a rope left and a stain on the tarmac.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I have a biddy that works for Toyota ans he said that truck was fried everything in the truck pulling the ship. Trans was shot and motor would start once they shut it off. Truck was putting off so much heat that they couldnt stand next to it. Go way to ruin a $50k truck

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
The cradle the shuttle rides on is a extremely low resistant trailer, hundreds of wheels. In reality it probably wouldn't take that much power to get the shuttle moving. They should have showed them loading an atv into the bed.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I was told they had 7-10000 lb of weight in the truck for traction. It just spun the first attempt

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
X2^^^ or sled pull it against other stock trucks. Or haul a s300 bobcat or something more realistic. Where they actually use the truck and its suspension. Its not even close. Toyota and nissan make a car with truck bodies on the frame. Id buy a jeep first.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The shocker is how many people are ok with it. I'm disgusted with it should of pulled it with a John Deere.:thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If they make such a good truck for towing why do they have this.

pypu4ugy.jpg

Toyota: "we're here to race....just not to win" :D

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
I have been running an ecoboost f150 for about 50,000 miles and we own 6 more 1/2 ton fords they are mediocre at best. Only thing I would say is above par is interior the rest is crap fuel mileage sux, motor and fuel related problems you name it. And ford warranty sux to boot might as well not have one. They are all bone stock and ford hasn't covered half the crap that has been replaced. And by no means abused.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Why does everyone say that fords have nice interiors? I think they suck.

And a moped could have pulled that stupid space shuttle

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
Well I have a platinum so the interior is a bit nicer than the regular ones. The room that it has is what makes it so much better. I can sit in the back seat with lots of room left.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It is interesting to note that the Shuttle has a much larger tow capacity than the Toyota pickup. I has more HP, better acceleration, and typical miles at trade in are several million miles.

They should have had the shuttle tow the Toyota. There would be a rope left and a stain on the tarmac.
:roflmao:

The shocker is how many people are ok with it. I'm disgusted with it should of pulled it with a John Deere.:thumb:
I agree when dumbass made the car Zahr it was for American cars,should have had an American truck! for a Japenees car maker to pull the American made space shuttle and advertised here........Shamefull IMO

Why does everyone say that fords have nice interiors? I think they suck
About 56 years ago they did have very nice interior this new stuff they have is to plastic and cheap kind of like the Dodges were or maybe still are i havent seen a new 2 to tell yet.