THIS GUY at Indy

06RedLBZ

Its Shark Week!!
Jun 6, 2008
I hear so much about this bad ass fummins and yet the truck sat in the pits all day as if it was something special. I guess being an Internet motor mouth will get you special treatments. But if you are going to build something you are going to run your mouth about, please show me how awesome your truck and don't tell me.:gay::

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
I can't believe that I am going to do this, but I am going to defend him a bit. Richard was there to help out Texas Diesel Powers Funny Car, thats why you did not see his truck go down the track. Althought it would have been nice to see that truck run. I talked to him for awhile in the moring, even scared him a bit because he saw my McRat Racing shirt and thought we were coming to kick his A**. ( Let me say if you have ever seen Rich, I am not the guy that is going to kick his a**.)

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I hear so much about this bad ass fummins and yet the truck sat in the pits all day as if it was something special. I guess being an Internet motor mouth will get you special treatments. But if you are going to build something you are going to run your mouth about, please show me how awesome your truck and don't tell me.:gay::

I was asked to help out John with the Texas Diesel Power funny car..which meant I didn't have time for anything else.
His crew could not afford to make the trip from Texas 2 weekends in a row since they had run Pinks All Out the weekend before.

There's just not enough time to run a class AND prep a car like that between rounds.

We won Top Diesel.

What did you do yesterday besides walk through the pits then come here and run your mouth ?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
ugh. that guy, whatever he is needs to take his junk elsewhere. thinks hes all special cuz he got in a mag

Get your facts right...it wasn't "a" mag...it's All of them. :hifinger:
Since you love me so much...buy the newest Diesel Builder when it comes out this month...it's featured in there too. :D

Dzlnut

Feb 27, 2008
Homedale Idaho
It is a beautiful truck no doubt, the details you have put into it are nothing short of a work of art....But do you ever race it or use it..it is always clean and purdy. Track times?? I mean no disrespect here Richard but most of us work the crap outa our trucks daily and play on the weekends with them. Mine is as slow as it gets but I still have fun with it.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Get your facts right...it wasn't "a" mag...it's All of them. :hifinger:
Since you love me so much...buy the newest Diesel Builder when it comes out this month...it's featured in there too. :D

Better Homes and Gardens don't count. :spit:

Anyone got the pic of Richard's truck in front of the mobile home?

Seriously, kudos for helping John Robinson and his team. They are a great group of dedicated racers with a "never say die" attitude. Congrats for the win.

PS - If you send me a pic of your truck, I will change your avatar. [email protected]
I haven't been on the board alot lately, and I forgot to change your avatar back.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
It is a beautiful truck no doubt, the details you have put into it are nothing short of a work of art....But do you ever race it or use it..it is always clean and purdy. Track times?? I mean no disrespect here Richard but most of us work the crap outa our trucks daily and play on the weekends with them. Mine is as slow as it gets but I still have fun with it.

It has been down the track....112+ mph trap speeds.
We have very recently come across some issues with tuning on 03/04 motors that my truck is a victim of also.
There's something causing a defuel and nobody has any idea what it is or how to fix it.
My truck and about 20 others to date that have been scaned are maxing out at 68% engine load. Mine will run up to 68% then defuel horrily. By the time I hit 100 mph I'm back down to 35% load.
We are also hitting a wall on boost...62psi no matter how it's fooled.
This week I had parts machined to run a regulator between the manifold and MAP sensor to physically limit it to 36psi thinking it was a MAP based issue....it isn't. We scanned it Friday night and it made no change to engine load percentages.

Once we get a handle on what's going on and how to fix it...I'll be down the track again but right now I don't see the point.

Max load is 120%...no need to run at 68%....why try to run a number when the truck isn't right ?

As it is...I drive the truck every day...it's no garage queen. This weekend I drove it from Chicago to Martin, Michigan to watch my friends that run ADRL then went from there to Indy then back to Chicago last night. It runs fine...just not 100% fine.

112 mph at 68% load....7560 lbs ? That tells me there's a LOT left on the table. We just can't quite reach the table yet.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Better Homes and Gardens don't count. :spit:

Anyone got the pic of Richard's truck in front of the mobile home?

Seriously, kudos for helping John Robinson and his team. They are a great group of dedicated racers with a "never say die" attitude. Congrats for the win.

PS - If you send me a pic of your truck, I will change your avatar. [email protected]
I haven't been on the board alot lately, and I forgot to change your avatar back.

BH&G has expressed no interest in doing a photo shoot...yet. :D

As far as the mobile home pic....again...that is/was not my house.

And thanks...John is out to have a good time and is accomplishing his goal. He asked to line up with Bo in the Scheids rail instead of running solo passes like they had all day just to give the crowd a race to watch. John knew he couldn't cover the rail....he doesn't care he just wants to race. Bo had problems off the line and John got the big check. I'm happy for him and his whole crew...they're all a blast to be around.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Unwad your panties. Who cares what HE does with HIS truck? Love how people see it someplace and then assume they know something about it, or the owner's intentions.
Good grief.:rolleyes:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
There seems to be a pattern that TST trucks arent having the issue...so trying one of those is an option. It's a $1000.00 experiment though.

There's also the question of where the ECM was made...U.S. or Brazil....more info needed on that though.

Dennis told me yesterday his stand-alone is almost ready. That would control pulsewidth however someone wanted. I'll be watching that real close also.

I just learned mine had this problem last week so I'm just now loooking into options for a fix.

The TST might do it....but that's a brutal box to run. I don't think it fixes the pulsewidth issue...more like beats it into sumission. LOL

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i didnt know if you had tried a diablo,many 03-04 trucks find better results with them.i like diablo on my ctd but the tnt r is hard to beat for all out racing...