The 5 Day Thrash Begins !!!!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The trash begins i am way excited to finally be getting closer to being done.

The goal is to have the truck done to make the Redding CA race , to do so the truck has to be running by Wednesday. I think it can be done , the engine is back in the frame rails and done minus the parts at coating , trans is tore down and will be back together tonight minus some parts that wont be here till Monday , coating will be done Monday as well , water pump from Summit will be here Monday or Tuesday, and the tubes for the slicks as well , I already have all the electrical moved and modified as well a good ways into bumper and grill setup , and should have the radiator mounted in the bed tonight also . the pics of the front end are very early and there is still a lot of stuff missing like the sections that were cut off the ends of the grill and marker lamps still need to be mounted .

This year the main goal is to make the engine compartment as easy to wrench on as possible and start preparing the truck to get the 1 piece fiberglass lift off front clip when the $$ is available ,it will look really bare up front until the turbo kit is on and other stuff mounted . many more pics to come in the next 5 days :D

Bottom end

DSCF5364.jpg

DSCF5365.jpg

Dual Cp3 belt routing , uses stock belt !!!!

DSCF5356.jpg

DSCF5358.jpg

new configuration of ECM/TCM / Fuse box , it took only an hour or 2 tops .

DSCF5385.jpg

DSCF5386.jpg

DSCF5387.jpg

a few pics of the engine drop in waiting for coated parts to come back .

DSCF5388.jpg

new grill setup in early stages still need to mount several things up front.

DSCF5390.jpg

DSCF5395.jpg

DSCF5396.jpg

stock mounts welded to be solid mounts .

DSCF5393.jpg

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
And I thought freshening my trans and putting exhaust on by Wednesday was cutting it close! Good luck hope it all comes together for you !

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Damn you Trent...everytime you start a thread I start feeling like playing the lotto again or eating top ramen for many moons to have a truck like yours :D looks great brother can't wait to see it in action again :D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
And I thought freshening my trans and putting exhaust on by Wednesday was cutting it close! Good luck hope it all comes together for you !

Thanks , it will def be close thats for sure, but with all the leg work done over the last several months its mostly just bolt together pre built stuff at this point .

Damn you Trent...everytime you start a thread I start feeling like playing the lotto again or eating top ramen for many moons to have a truck like yours :D looks great brother can't wait to see it in action again :D

Thanks Tony , its nothing fancy ............... lets just hope its fast :rofl:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Looks great :thumb: But, I don't miss though 5 day thrashes though. Even though all I did was supervise Robert and Pat :roflmao:

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Thanks , it will def be close thats for sure, but with all the leg work done over the last several months its mostly just bolt together pre built stuff at this point .

Thanks Tony , its nothing fancy ............... lets just hope its fast :rofl:

:roflmao: A little of this and a little of that so I hear :angel:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Trent, time to clean the shop and put your truck on hold :D :joker:

It was fairly clean before i started on this :eek: you should see the pile of wire, brackets , ect , that got ditched this go round , every inch of weight i could spare off the font end has been done , and as many things moved to the bed as possible .

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Gotta love them final 5 days, we did one of those this week, got my turbo in my hands for the first time yesterday at noon, and now were ready to go to test n tune today.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Its good to see you getting it back together :thumb: the parts and pieces i've been waiting on will finally be in next week so hopefully i'll get mine together next week as well :)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Good luck, Trent. I'll be watching to see how the new setup does for you. Should be interesting.