Software upgrade growing pains & wins

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Square avatars are back. Can you guys post a screenshot of what the theme looks like for you?

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I have noticed that when using a phone, signatures don’t show up in portrait but do show up in landscape but with a “toggle signature” button at the bottom. Some of the sig shows up until you toggle sig then all of it shows up.

Reactions: PureHybrid

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I have noticed that when using a phone, signatures don’t show up in portrait but do show up in landscape but with a “toggle signature” button at the bottom. Some of the sig shows up until you toggle sig then all of it shows up.
I think it's a good idea, takes up extra space on a small screen. Sigs aren't necessary for those who post regularly anyway

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
IMO, on "new oil", this font choice just doesnt work. It is very hard to read. Sorry, Im just not on-board with the changes made.

Also, is there any way to further darken a quote within a post so it differentiates from the member reply?

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Fish just made some quick changes a while back till I get back in my office to tweak things back in.

I’ll get her dialed in my friend, I just don’t have a computer to work from right now

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
IMO, on "new oil", this font choice just doesnt work. It is very hard to read. Sorry, Im just not on-board with the changes made.

Also, is there any way to further darken a quote within a post so it differentiates from the member reply?
Made some changes. Let me know what you think. Also, let me know what kind of operating system you are using on your computer. the fonts are "coping sytle" meaning that they will vary depending on your operating system. Its what many many different websites are using now (not just forums) to compensate for android, windows, iphone, mac, etc because the screens and base fonts vary between them so much.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Firefox. Win 10? I dont know -- new comp. :LOL:

This new font is better. I can tell quote from post now, too. Thanks.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Android chrome.

font does look easier to read. for me the quotes look damn near the same color as regular posts in used oil theme
Screenshot_20220103-180939.jpg

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah I was playing around with used oil some today. Didn’t find something I liked. I’ll play with it some more tomorrow

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Android chrome.

font does look easier to read. for me the quotes look damn near the same color as regular posts in used oil theme
View attachment 106723
Lol since you screen shot my quote reply is this on a tablet?
On another note I’ve noticed older threads don’t pop up when clicked when referenced in other threads. If that makes sense 😂.
And quotes look the same as before to me. On my iPhone anyways. I haven’t looked on a pc yet.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Lol since you screen shot my quote reply is this on a tablet?
On another note I’ve noticed older threads don’t pop up when clicked when referenced in other threads. If that makes sense 😂.
And quotes look the same as before to me. On my iPhone anyways. I haven’t looked on a pc yet.
haha. no just the site on desktop mode on my phone. can't stand a lot of the mobile versions