Software upgrade growing pains & wins

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have a tracker on these. It’s our hosts issue that I’m logging to then bring to their attention. They want to say it’s not their fault so I’ll address this come years end and go from there. This has been happening for a while.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just updated the settings to get the site to auto-resize pictures for you guys. I had some setting screwed up and for the life of me, couldnt figure it out and band aided it. Should be nailed down now though. let me know if you guys run into issues. there is a hard coded max pixel setting of 20meg though, so if you are using a pic over that, it will not auto-resize.

Reactions: CarolinaHD

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just an FYI guys, on 12/26 @fish will be doing an upgrade to our forum to bring things back up to speed since our last major upgrade a couple years ago. This will be no where near as extensive and should go much quicker/smoother. im sure there will be some "growing pains" once its all up and going that we will have to sort through and adjust/fix so dont be surprised. we will do the best we can to dial it back in!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Don't worry, I'll be on standby to let you know of all the issues we see 😁

so, what are we to anticipate, if any, on improvements? or is it mostly backend stuff?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Don't worry, I'll be on standby to let you know of all the issues we see 😁

so, what are we to anticipate, if any, on improvements? or is it mostly backend stuff?

yeah mostly back end stuff. little things like the "home, forum, whats new" will look different. the reply area will have a little different look at teh top selection bar. we gain some things like push notifications and the add ons i have on the forum gain features. security is another plus we gain as well. there is probably more im missing but fish is the expert on it.

We do have to rebuild the themes (how the colors on the forum looks) so you may see some issues there or complete change but shouldnt be too hard to get right IF its not something that can be done before lauching the forum

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Just an FYI guys, on 12/26 @fish will be doing an upgrade to our forum to bring things back up to speed since our last major upgrade a couple years ago. This will be no where near as extensive and should go much quicker/smoother. im sure there will be some "growing pains" once its all up and going that we will have to sort through and adjust/fix so dont be surprised. we will do the best we can to dial it back in!
Hey Guys - Update is still in progress. We may have a bit more downtime later today or tomorrow. Figured I would turn the forum back on to relieve any jonesing.

Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Currently looks like Arial. maybe you could try Verdana. a little easier on the eyes and more optimized for text on screens especially when it gets to the smaller point size