Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I would like to thank Officer Bill Young? of the Riverside Sheriff's department and the crew at Steve's Towing in Lake Elsinore for recovering Wendy. It was so far off the road, it took about 3 hours to extract it.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Kinda makes you think who is reading this site thats 3 trucks from here that have been hit. I was hit in Vegas Larry was in Tx and Kats right at there house. I want the piece of shit to come to KcMo and try for mine here don't worry about the cop parked next to it if he does not shoot you I will to kill no since in waisting a round.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's what I've learned:

Don't expect OnStar or the factory alarm to stop drive-off theft.

This was stolen by rookies, and they defeated those precautions.

If a pro bagged it, it would be gone for good, regardless of what precautions were in place.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - Yes, I'm have a very hard time sleeping. :D

Blue is still parked on the street because of the driveway work we are having done, and I don't want to walk to work.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
glad to hear you guys got her back. I read a diy once that talked about using a couple of relays and one thing that triggered it to start was using a magnet on some kind of switch that is normally open till you put a magnet close to it

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It probably wouldn't be practical, but you can do a DSP tune that uses the V2 to change tunes so you don't have to have an actual switch in the truck.

Good thought, but since it's a LBZ, it wouldn't work as V2 switching only works on LB7 & 04/05 LLY. Don't know why though... I thought the whole reason they made that function was for the LBZ when they didn't think there where any useable pins...

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
congrats on finding it! Hopefully it's in good shape as everyone else has stated!....

3 miles of hard off road driving to it's parking spot...nothing my truck hasn't gone through!!:spit:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wow, I seriously cant believe Wendy was found!! That is awesome to hear.

How did they steal the truck? Did they have a proper key?

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
Awesome news to hear your truck was recovered....After reading the replies it sounds possible to obtain a duplicate key to vehicles without proper identification which is scary...just a thought but it seems like users that are posting Vin #'s for Vin Check are making it extremely easy....

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Here's what I've learned:

Don't expect OnStar or the factory alarm to stop drive-off theft.

This was stolen by rookies, and they defeated those precautions.

If a pro bagged it, it would be gone for good, regardless of what precautions were in place.

Thats been an issue for years now, a guy in Houston bought a new vette with lots of goodies, he had to leave the country for a few weeks so he had some kind of high $$$ alarm system installed and parked it between 2 hugh trees, used a heavy duty tow chain with "theft proof" locks. When he got home the car was still there but turned around with a not "If I wanted it I would have taken it". Goes to show nothing is safe where technology is concerned!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Thanks everyone. I know at least the kids went to bed easier tonight:thumb:

Thought you would like that one :frog:

But, to be honest I'm not sure we will post what we do. That bastard that stole her is probably reading this thread.

wow, I seriously cant believe Wendy was found!! That is awesome to hear.

How did they steal the truck? Did they have a proper key?

I'm glad you have it back your lucky!

Something DOES not make sense here. I agree about lurkers also. That worries me sometimes also with posting YOUR address's on here,I NEVER do only vaguely.

Now if they had a key and only took what they did it's ODD. Has ANYONE had access to your keys that you know like a shop ,house sitter,possible friend of a friend,etc?

They could have had a key made. This was NO PRO that is for-sure or the whole truck would be gone. Tires radio intake? You gotta do some thinking here IMO.

IMO it's someone close buy that stole your truck! Can't wait to see the pics. Your very lucky Kat glad you have your truck back! :hug:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Whats with the Found Title Change?

The more I think about this someone had access to your keys! When you were on vacation not to long ago where was Wendy and your keys? Who had access to them?

Has it spent time away from home at a shop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.