Proper fluid in the Allison

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Transynd or DEX VI

I wouldn't wash my toilet with dex 6. It has caused seals to leak and it has caused a lot of Allisons to go up in flames.
There was no testing done on dex 6. The testing was done on the trucks on the road after you bought them. I have first hand info on this. Use it if you want.

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
I wouldn't wash my toilet with dex 6. It has caused seals to leak and it has caused a lot of Allisons to go up in flames.
There was no testing done on dex 6. The testing was done on the trucks on the road after you bought them. I have first hand info on this. Use it if you want.

So is Dex 6 what comes in them from the factory? If not, what does?

luklaus

Oct 12, 2009
I'm not sure anyone has stated in this whole thread???What's best in a stock alli pulling a 32 foot travel trailer it's whole life. Someone please cause I'm going back on the road in a couple days and would like to switcth to synthetic if it's safe

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm not sure anyone has stated in this whole thread???What's best in a stock alli pulling a 32 foot travel trailer it's whole life. Someone please cause I'm going back on the road in a couple days and would like to switcth to synthetic if it's safe

transynd will work just fine :D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike do you still like Citgo Quatrasyn for built trannies? I like it and it stays new lookin, got about 12 gallons of it stashed :D

Pat has destroyed 2 converters by sitting at the line too long. He continued to race after that and when I got Casper back I pulled the trans down to check both times and found no damage to the internals. The converter stunk up the shop something fierce. He runs Citgo. It is my favorite fluid cause it has proven to work.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Mine's got some kind of tractor ATF fluid in it. No idea what it even is but it does shift better than ever before and is working fine in a couple of pulling trucks in this area. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cjparks

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Does anyone have an opinion on the Schaeffer All Trans? I have used it for about 20,000 in a daily driver with no tune. I drain pan every 20,000 and change filter every 10,000. I have used their products for years in other vehicles but this is first Allison.

Jim

I run Schaeffer's All Trans Supreme in all my builds, including my personal truck and haven't had any issues with it.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Well after 2 days of research I found they discontinued my addative. It was made by Life products.:rolleyes: Oh well I still like Dex III.
I will have more news as my quest continues.

Happy New Year Mike,

By the way I still have a half of case of this additive lying around available to the 'highest' bidder! :happy2:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Happy New Year Mike,

By the way I still have a half of case of this additive lying around available to the 'highest' bidder! :happy2:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend. :hug:
They quit making that good shit. Go figure.:rolleyes:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Happy New Year Mike,

hey gramps where you been? I figured youd be in bed till at least 6:00pm the day after new years. :angel: :p:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Well after 2 days of research I found they discontinued my addative. It was made by Life products.:rolleyes: Oh well I still like Dex III.
I will have more news as my quest continues.

Is this the additive you were thinking of Mike? I can't find it on there Website searching. This direct link is the only way I could find it

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So I realized I have nearly 50,000 on my fluid in my SCIV :eek: It has Transynd in it

I like synthetic fluid what about Mobil 1 ATF

or should I just go with some conventional
if so what conventional do you recommend