PPE vs the Copycats ..........

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Steed speed should be done with their dmax manifolds here shortlt, totally different design than anyone else here, kinda excited to see the results.
Ya we'll see.
I sent him my up pipes for mock up 2 years ago with promises of big things. Fleece tested them and didn't find them to perform any better than what was already available on the market for log headers so he abandoned the project. Took several months to get mine back including a wasted trip to his house after I said I was coming to get them and nobody was around when I got there.

Don't get me wrong Leen builds really nice stuff, but I won't be buying it.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I can see that being very true, I know the wait time on some of his stuff is 8+ weeks. Friend if mine just got his Cummins T6 manifold from them and holy crap, it was worth the wait.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can see that being very true, I know the wait time on some of his stuff is 8+ weeks. Friend if mine just got his Cummins T6 manifold from them and holy crap, it was worth the wait.

Since they moved all their manufacturing in house, build time is supposedly much shorter. Of course, I don't know that first hand; it's just what I read on the internet.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Bumping this back up. Does anyone know if rudys made any improvements. I was looking at a set of rudys on ebay. 430$ shipped for both manifolds and uppipes with gaskets and bolts.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
I have their ups seems like good quality same type and thickness of steel, have not blown a bellow yet 650hp came with bolts and gaskets, to pay ridiculous amounts of money the big guys gotta show me how theres are worth it and far superior, the links at the top would not open for me, BIG difference in cost to say the least
Bumping this back up. Does anyone know if rudys made any improvements. I was looking at a set of rudys on ebay. 430$ shipped for both manifolds and uppipes with gaskets and bolts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don’t get why everyone will buy shit products to save a few hundred dollars. Once your bellow blows out It’ll be wasted time and money. Just order from RDL someone who will stand behind their products.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I don’t get why everyone will buy shit products to save a few hundred dollars. Once your bellow blows out It’ll be wasted time and money. Just order from RDL someone who will stand behind their products.

A few hundred $ multiple times adds up. Looking for actual user feedback as I am well aware that the ppe and profabs are good. I have a set of Rick's on my lbz. If they will hold up decent then I would much rather put that 400$ elsewhere. The duramax store ones look like they have better bellows compared to rudys but I do not have one of each in my hand to verify that.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio

I see you installed a set from dmaxstore. Any idea if they are still going strong? I read through all 17 pages and it was very interesting. Still curious about them even though I will probably just grab another set of Ricks.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I see you installed a set from dmaxstore. Any idea if they are still going strong? I read through all 17 pages and it was very interesting. Still curious about them even though I will probably just grab another set of Ricks.
They are on a s400 lmm that isn't driven much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Why don't people just run an LML manifold and new up pipes?
That is what I currently have on the truck. They are going to my buddy. I want to run a egt prob on both sides for this one and haven't had good luck with tapping stock manifolds. The 3 that I've had done either have a small leak or start to crack.