PPE vs the Copycats ..........

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Would be nice if bd made a drivers side and passanger side kit as ld go with that. Haven't any any luck with tapped stock manifolds. Even the one that a machine shop drilled and tapped. Has a small crack after 6 months. None of them leaked alot but enought to bug me.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My new race truck is running this with a stock LB7 uppipe on passenger side cause nothing else will fit it and I'm not worried at all.:thumb:
NEW race truck!?!

Would be nice if bd made a drivers side and passanger side kit as ld go with that. Haven't any any luck with tapped stock manifolds. Even the one that a machine shop drilled and tapped. Has a small crack after 6 months. None of them leaked alot but enought to bug me.
What size are you tapping them to? 1/8npt or 1/4?

I've never had one crack, at 1/8npt

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio

1/8" npt. The cracks aren't huge but enough to bother me . Just one of those things where I feel it is worth the money to upgrade while it is already apart for a upgraded charger. Usually I could careless about the price but I will be having another back surgery here shortly so any money I can save will help me while im down for 3+ months again.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
That's not the issue but appreciate the insight. Im just gonna put one in the up pipe as mark suggested until i get a set from rick on the way.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That's not the issue but appreciate the insight. Im just gonna put one in the up pipe as mark suggested until i get a set from rick on the way.
You'd be surprised but that is exactly your issue. NPT is a tapered thread. The farther you tighten the fitting in the more force it is putting into the manifold to try and expand the hole causing internal stress in the manifold.

I didn't put a bunch of torque on mine and I never had a problem in 40k miles cracking or backing out.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
:thumb:

How mad is Brett going to be if it's faster than the C10 :rofl:
It won't even be in the same ballpark since he has been 8.34 @ 4500lbs and I am still going to run an Allison and this truck has only been 9.06 so far. Brett has dropped a ton of weight and is picking up a ton of HP! He will go deep into the 7's quickly and I hope to be able to break into the 8's with this beast but have a lot to learn with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)