PPE vs the Copycats ..........

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I have seen a few threads with people questioning some of these "new" high flow exhaust manifolds and up-pipes. We have see a few "manufactures" that have a very similar looking product to ours, they look almost identical when glancing at them.

We have acquired a few sets and have been doing some testing/comparisons.

I will post some videos of what we have seen in terms of quality of materials and engineering.

But looks ARE deceiving... I guess the old adage is still correct... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! ;)

The attached videos are of the "new" RDP (Rudy's Diesel Performance) copy of the PPE/Garrett designed/engineered duramax exhaust manifold and up-pipe design....

first couple of videos will cover the up-pipes

[YOUTUBE]1GpsoH9_tDQ&[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]qoi7920Wx3Q&[/YOUTUBE]

Manifold comparison

[YOUTUBE]jwJ2Xi1PyUw&[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]vyZ3rqNzhyI&[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]67ASQ14t8TA&[/YOUTUBE]

comparing the gaskets

[YOUTUBE]WEKgS42ByxM&[/YOUTUBE]

Please feel free to comment or ask any questions. :shifan: :poop:

Last edited:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Glad you posted this, pretty frican crappy people have to copy someone's hard work. Definitly see the quality difference.
My only question is, what's the price difference, I was raised to follow the "get what you pay for" but I'm just wondering if it's a crazy difference

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Glad you posted this, pretty frican crappy people have to copy someone's hard work. Definitly see the quality difference.
My only question is, what's the price difference, I was raised to follow the "get what you pay for" but I'm just wondering if it's a crazy difference

Thanks.... ya whats that old saying.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... :D;)

looks like RDP is selling them for $749.00. Our retail is now $999.99 with a street price of $899.99. Ours will now INCLUDE our new exhaust manifold gaskets and Up-pipe gaskets. Also included is the Down pipe support bracket (for non twin turbo truck, as they aren't needed)

Manifold gaskets
http://www.pacificp.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=753

Up-pipe gaskets
http://www.pacificp.com/store/index...ducts_id=752&zenid=5d4tir633mof64lugd3smjsnq3

DP support bracket
http://www.pacificp.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=518

Again ALL included for a street price of $899.99:coolspot:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
This thread might get very interesting, considering the topic. I hope this doesnt go full-blown angry, please.

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
This thread might get very interesting, considering the topic. I hope this doesnt go full-blown angry, please.

The title made me chuckle pretty hard. I was going to write a response but I figured it wasn't worth the argument. We will see how this goes though...

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks.... ya whats that old saying.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... :D;)

I agree and disagree with this statement. Yes it is but it's wrong on so many levels and is spreading like wildfire! Instead of paying to have you private label your product to them, they send it to be cheaply copied. I will be the first to say that our Danville Performance Diff covers and Trany pans are private labeled PPE's not copy cat bullshit! I'm old school in that respect and have had a 10 year relationship with Dan and Joe of PPE and don't plan on that changing anytime soon! We only use and sell PPE's!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Steed speed should be done with their dmax manifolds here shortlt, totally different design than anyone else here, kinda excited to see the results.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Steed speed should be done with their dmax manifolds here shortlt, totally different design than anyone else here, kinda excited to see the results.

HSP ones are bad ass also. But will be way more the money. Most will stick with Pro-fab for the cost, quality and customer service.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida

I have installed one of there billet manifolds on a 6.7 cummins and was very impressed with it :thumb:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Even though me and Dan dont see eye to eye I must say the ones from Rudys are a joke. Just did a passenger side up pipe. Had a bunch of fine sand in it. The welds looked great on the outside. But on the inside looked like ass. Both ends had a big lip from where the pipe did not match the flange.