PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
it was me who thought PPEs were still synonymous with ricks. I phrased it as a question, not a fact. And it was answered to the contrary in short order

any confusion of manufacturer is based in logic, because previously Rick had been the common denominator. Im curious to know switching manufacturers might actually hurt sales numbers. I'd have had no problems getting PPE/rdl pipes because Rick still gets his dime. I promised him my money a while back so that's where it's going. To each his own and subbed for any continuance ;)

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I might have to take the rest of the night off. All this typing is cramping my hands.:rofl:

Dan, you don't have to lie and BS to sell parts. I don't. Look at all the people in this thread that stepped up on my behalf. I don't jack them around and I sure as hell don't lie.

You remind me of a really crappy used car salesman. As soon as someone mentions the car dealer down the street you start slinging shit. I don't have to do that cause my car is nicer. All you have right now is the advertising.

LOL... ya i'm the one slinging sh*t... I have only provided facts and have spoke the truth as I know it, can you back up your claim about my B.s.??

You are the one who has been slinging it in this thread... Its like once you see info that you don't like, you will use any dirty card you can find.... :hello:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
it was me who thought PPEs were still synonymous with ricks. I phrased it as a question, not a fact. And it was answered to the contrary in short order

any confusion of manufacturer is based in logic, because previously Rick had been the common denominator. Im curious to know switching manufacturers might actually hurt sales numbers. I'd have had no problems getting PPE/rdl pipes because Rick still gets his dime. I promised him my money a while back so that's where it's going. To each his own and subbed for any continuance ;)

Sorry but it was not you, I was referring too.. ;)

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Outdated info I guess. He used to, didn't realize he no longer did. Haven't looked at yours in a while to realize the change

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
They used to be, but PPE decided to save some money and start making their own. It looks like they sold them to DmaxStore to rebrand as their own (like Rick used to allow PPE to do) because they look exactly the same.

They must have changed their policy. I contacted them a couple of years ago asking about this, and they said they would not sell pieces individually.

Roger on PPE/Dmaxstore. wasn't aware PPE started making them in house.

Im not sure as far as Mishi. I called them up a few times asking about that kit, I think $300 is insane for what you get, I explained I only needed the one piece, they said no problem after taking a few days to isolate the part number. I thought at the time that it is cool, but not worth the $80 or time to install as a standalone, but a good addition when an intercooler is added

This is an incorrect statement..

Profab has not made any PPE manifolds for many years now, I would guess 5 or so, maybe more. The ones Rick did make for us look just like his current offerings picture #1

Ours that were co designed with Garrett/Honeywell look nothing like Profabs. Picture #2

Nothing was copied from Profab, when PPE/Garrett engineered our new design.

The only thing that was the same as our old manifold (profab), was the flange location for the up-pipe. The reason we kept that the same was for customers that had the old design that wanted to upgrade to a better flowing more robust manifold, and to deal with warranty issue on the old design.

So... if the manifold looks like a Profab, then they were Profabs. If they look like our newer design they are PPE's/Garrett's.

Now there are a few poor copies on the market (guess which design they thought was the best to try and copy???? ;):D )

Sure... I'll take the bait..:eek:

1. PPE manifolds are cast in the USA (California), From Hi-sil Moly (very robust material)

2. Our manifolds were co-designed with Garrett Honeywell on their proprietary flow software to maximize flow and reduce back pressure, while maintaining OEM like reliability

3. LIFETIME warranty

4. 50 state legal (no issues with smog checks, when smog checks come to your state and they will)

5. The up-pipes use a TRUE aircraft grade bellow

6. PPE's up-pipe use only two pieces of pipe, where others use 3 pieces butt welded together (less robust and more turbulence).

7. Includes Manifold and up-pipe gaskets (high end gaskets), and Down pipe support bracket to support your down pipe like OEM.

8. larger egt/drive pressure bosses cast in manifold (won't crack).

Hope this helps!

but out of curiosity.... what made you believe Rick was still making them for us?

Lets clear this up some and or offer a different perspective from some one who was in a position to know a thing or two about some businesses and their practices

Dmaxstore did not "copy the design" and or do they manufacture these in house.

PPE Did not sell the design and or offer their manufacture to Dmaxstore.

100% a gift fell in the lap of Dmaxstore when it comes to duramax parts, manufacture of and freight of the aforementioned, over the seas of blue.

Now, the Manifolds and up pipes, are as about as identical as you can get to the ones PPE may have offered recently. Meaning the same "broker" or "middle man" from business, to manufacture, back to business for sell, that once dealt with or may still deal with PPE, offered and extended a olive branch (loaded olive branch) to Dmaxstore because the current business they were exclusive with may have created a hostile type environment between themselves and the "broker" and they (the "broker") decided they can now share their olives to others that were hungry.

So, like the majority of us would, Dmaxstore, liked the olive and decided to eat more of them.

Now PPE may or may not still use or have used the manufacture that is based over those seas of blue, and may now manufacture in the USA, but I would be Leary of. This "broker" may be based in the USA but that does not mean he was made in the USA. Hell, look at the tie rods and ends, pretty dang identical from the aforementioned sellers who offer them.

Now, the Dmaxstore manifolds and up pipes, for the money and for a person on a budget, are a very, very, very solid purchase and will flow pretty identical to their twins in "appearance". So, they will reduce the EGTs, increase the flow and produce the gains, PERIOD!

Are Pro Fabs better IMO, absolutely. Seen them, had them, touched them and so on.

Would I run PPE, yes, I live in CA and they are CARB Certified and have great benefit to them.

Would I run Dmaxstores, If I did not have to purchase them, yes. As they Will have great benefit like their twins in "appearance"

You can take this post for what it is worth, but I am speaking from my view point and from my experiences and or "perception" of my experiences from past relationships.

Carry on :spit:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Lets clear this up some and or offer a different perspective from some one who was in a position to know a thing or two about some businesses and their practices

Dmaxstore did not "copy the design" and or do they manufacture these in house.

PPE Did not sell the design and or offer their manufacture to Dmaxstore.

100% a gift fell in the lap of Dmaxstore when it comes to duramax parts, manufacture of and freight of the aforementioned, over the seas of blue.

Now, the Manifolds and up pipes, are as about as identical as you can get to the ones PPE may have offered recently. Meaning the same "broker" or "middle man" from business, to manufacture, back to business for sell, that once dealt with or may still deal with PPE, offered and extended a olive branch (loaded olive branch) to Dmaxstore because the current business they were exclusive with may have created a hostile type environment between themselves and the "broker" and they (the "broker") decided they can now share their olives to others that were hungry.

So, like the majority of us would, Dmaxstore, liked the olive and decided to eat more of them.

Now PPE may or may not still use or have used the manufacture that is based over those seas of blue, and may now manufacture in the USA, but I would be Leary of. This "broker" may be based in the USA but that does not mean he was made in the USA. Hell, look at the tie rods and ends, pretty dang identical from the aforementioned sellers who offer them.

Now, the Dmaxstore manifolds and up pipes, for the money and for a person on a budget, are a very, very, very solid purchase and will flow pretty identical to their twins in "appearance". So, they will reduce the EGTs, increase the flow and produce the gains, PERIOD!

Are Pro Fabs better IMO, absolutely. Seen them, had them, touched them and so on.

Would I run PPE, yes, I live in CA and they are CARB Certified and have great benefit to them.

Would I run Dmaxstores, If I did not have to purchase them, yes. As they Will have great benefit like their twins in "appearance"

You can take this post for what it is worth, but I am speaking from my view point and from my experiences and or "perception" of my experiences from past relationships.

Carry on :spit:

Oh Snap! Shit's getting interesting now.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Duk,

*PPE/Garrett designed Manifolds are cast locally in Southern California, U.S.A and always have... Period!

*Dmax Store is importing cheap overseas knockoff's of PPE products....

Last edited:

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Duk,

*PPE/Garrett designed Manifolds are cast locally in Southern California, U.S.A and always have... Period!

*Dmax Store store is importing cheap overseas knockoff's of PPE products....

Like I mentioned, implied or lead one to believe, which might be different now, if so :thumb: to you. Never met you, have nothing against you or the business. Hell, I run some PPE products, But i'll stand behind my personal experiences and what beamed through my own two eyes and flew into my own two ears. Heck my contacts were not even blurry during this time and my ears were freshly cleaned out in the mornings. Ones ethical and moral belief can take them so far before they have to make a change (thank you pops for raising me the way you did)

When stuff like this happens, meetings with samples, R&R back and forth, negotiations, finalization, production, packaging, payment and shipping transpires... then bang!!! A new product for one appears. I am sure you understand that.

What I learned is this, its not stealing or coping, its modifying something existing, ever so slightly. like the old saying, "Its a CH off to the left"

What confused me in the beginning when i dove into a new path after retiring, is why are there no patents, or utility patents for most of the UCA's, tie rods, center links, idlers or pitmans, manifolds, up and downs, T-Case brace, ball joints or tubeing's? The major players know why, and so do most of the savvy business owners. Basically, if one can get it manufactured, in house or away they have zero to worry about and there is nothing the other one can do about it other than try to make it better and or offer a super warranty or Just rely on their reputation and name to carry the product.

Smartest thing one company did was, patent the support kit they make.

Why I respect businesses like Profab, HSP, SDP and so on in that arena.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Wow extremely.

Duk, you just went up a few points in my book for how you wrote and could have written that post.

Lol, thanks its from years in Law Enforcement writing those dang reports.. Damn criminals can do some crazy stuff...... must maintain a sense of humor in that industry to survive so many years.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol, thanks its from years in Law Enforcement writing those dang reports.. Damn criminals can do some crazy stuff...... must maintain a sense of humor in that industry to survive so many years.

i was a mechanic for law enforcement vehicles for some years through college and after. after spending time with so many of the officers, you damn well have to have a good sense of humor. no way i could do that job and i commend you and others that do it/did it. Still have a few very good friends there that go camping with us and they always have some good stories. I always loved when they brought a civilian vehicle in that was hit on by the drug dog. some of the places these guys hide drugs is pretty ingenious.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Duk I was a Boston medic for 5 years so I hear ya. That was another olive branch for you this time just from me. It felt important to give kudos to you given a minor issue we had in the past. Won't refresh your memory if you've forgotten, but I think I'm gonna have to put your store back into my rotation :)