PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Never once called anyone stupid. That's how shit gets started. Your exact words were foolish. I said doing things half ass. And yes I have changed out manifolds up-pipes etc. Didn't mean to piss anyone off or think I was calling them stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it however you want, all were trying to say is if installed correctly used uppipe/manifold gaskets are perfectly fine if reused, by saying you would replace them all is just a huge waste of money that's all I'm saying.

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
You can do it however you want, all were trying to say is if installed correctly used uppipe/manifold gaskets are perfectly fine if reused, by saying you would replace them all is just a huge waste of money that's all I'm saying.

I understand wasn't trying to get into an argument. My apologies if I misspoke.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hell, I reused my gaskets with my RDL manifolds and ups and 51000 miles later I still dont have any leaks. I mean, if you want to spend your money on new gaskets instead of something else, ok, but....

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Foolish lol. I understand they can be re-used but how much do they cost my friend? After I spent that kind of money on pipes I wouldn't mind spending $75 on gaskets for peace of mind. Especially after my time and effort. Foolish is doing something half ass which most people do to save a dollar. Sorry but if I am going to do something might as well do it right the first time.

I reused my gaskets they were in great shape. In this case there is no need the factory ones are great to begin with. If it were a rubber o-ring I'd say yes change it but with a metal gasket there just simply isn't a need unless you physically saw "wear"

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

I reused my gaskets they were in great shape. In this case there is no need the factory ones are great to begin with. If it were a rubber o-ring I'd say yes change it but with a metal gasket there just simply isn't a need unless you physically saw "wear"

I understand. My thinking is just like when my heater core went out in my LBZ I replaced the evap core and blower motor as well even though they were not bad. Was it a waste of money, maybe I just didn't want to tear back into something because another part failed a little later down the road. Especially something that isn't a quick fix. I figured a extra few hundred isn't that big a deal to me for my time. But my thought process is different then most I guess.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I understand. My thinking is just like when my heater core went out in my LBZ I replaced the evap core and blower motor as well even though they were not bad. Was it a waste of money, maybe I just didn't want to tear back into something because another part failed a little later down the road. Especially something that isn't a quick fix. I figured a extra few hundred isn't that big a deal to me for my time. But my thought process is different then most I guess.

I can't argue with that line of thought. Spend a little now can save time and money later.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Kinda like these $45 "PPE" down pipes made in Shanghai

568cf338a0a9f2834870cdf395366fde.jpg

Or this $12 "MBRP" down pipe by the same

5ebb18de55afe82ba3c3eefeb8a9cc37.jpg

:roflmao: kinda.... and by the way, according to MD, I worked for you on the down low :rofl::rofl:

Is it just me, or does dukcaln's posts in this thread read differently than other posts in the past?
The text is disjointed and spelling/grammar is off.
Its almost as if a foreigner with limited English skills has been posting from his account?
Would be nice to once and for all get some factual information on this fiasco, thats for sure.

Wait for it....... your reading too much into the style utilized to post

I noticed that too.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wait for it........ same as above

He's leaving his posts open to interpretation is how I read it. Not like a foreigner would. If anything, he seems disgruntled to dmax store and could careless about sharing what he knows lol

Bingo!!!!! Leaving it open, but yet with a sense of humor, which some just don't get, would not say disgruntle, but rather annoyed at business practices concerning ethical differences. Don't stiff with for work rendered and alter agreements.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Sure... I'll take the bait..:eek:

1. PPE manifolds are cast in the USA (California), From Hi-sil Moly (very robust material)

2. Our manifolds were co-designed with Garrett Honeywell on their proprietary flow software to maximize flow and reduce back pressure, while maintaining OEM like reliability

3. LIFETIME warranty

4. 50 state legal (no issues with smog checks, when smog checks come to your state and they will)

5. The up-pipes use a TRUE aircraft grade bellow

6. PPE's up-pipe use only two pieces of pipe, where others use 3 pieces butt welded together (less robust and more turbulence).

7. Includes Manifold and up-pipe gaskets (high end gaskets), and Down pipe support bracket to support your down pipe like OEM.

8. larger egt/drive pressure bosses cast in manifold (won't crack).

Hope this helps!

Just curious what part is lifetime warranty? Because I had a up pipe from y'all that cracked a bellow and around the flanges. I was told by y'all that I would have to buy a whole new one and y'all don't fix them.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I had profab up pipes I bought in 2010. Had a bellow crack in 2015. Contacted Rick to see if I could pay to have it fixed. Noticed I had a crack on the weld on my other up pipe. I sent both back and he replaced both of them with updated ones and only charged me shipping. That alone is enough of a reason for me to never buy any other brand period.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I had profab up pipes I bought in 2010. Had a bellow crack in 2015. Contacted Rick to see if I could pay to have it fixed. Noticed I had a crack on the weld on my other up pipe. I sent both back and he replaced both of them with updated ones and only charged me shipping. That alone is enough of a reason for me to never buy any other brand period.

Ya I say this because I ended up sending this one to rick to get fixed and he just built me a new one for no extra charge of what fixing the other would cost.... so that shows me who I would be purchasing from from now on.

Kage13

Oct 19, 2016
Just read through this whole thing. What a mistake. And dukcaln why the hell do you try to speak like the riddler? Climb down off your damn olive branches and say what you mean plain and simple so no interpretation is needed. Seems like pot stirring to me. What I gathered from this:
Pro fab is made in Missouri
PPE is made in California
Rudys and dmaxstore copied PPE and has their shit cast in China.
And the big one, pro fab once made manifolds for PPE, no longer does, but once did. Seems like PPE took lessons learned from that partnership and applied it to developing new manifolds with Garett. While pro fab sells their 100% original design (that may or may not have had some input from PPE in the beginning but who gives a ****)

Kage13

Oct 19, 2016
I didn't realize that was my first post. May seem fishy, but I am a real person, live in between cornfields in bum **** Indiana. And I just want some good quality manifolds damnit. Time for bed.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I didn't realize that was my first post. May seem fishy, but I am a real person, live in between cornfields in bum **** Indiana. And I just want some good quality manifolds damnit. Time for bed.

Go with profab. There is a reason why someone quit posting once the facts came up. This industry has a lot of copy cats in it. You would be amazed of what gets sent to China now days to get copied and mass produced.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Because he worked there that's why he spoke in riddles.

If rick makes what I need he will always get my business. Anytime I have a question or need some little things he always comes through. It doesn't matter if anyone else is cheaper that service can't be beat.

Same as going to LDS for fuel stuff. Brent has always taken of everything.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
7mos later and a newbie digs it up to pick at the scab? You core guys are getting old. 7 years ago there'd be some MF'ing going on, :roflmao: