PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Went with a profab EGR Delete tube a couple years back, great product. I am usually not very brand loyal, and will shop the best deal ( assuming the best deal isn't chinese crap). I have a couple of small PPE parts. This was an interesting read. Doesn't seem like there is any doubt as to where Rick's stuff is made, however there seems to be disagreement about the whereabouts of PPE's and DMAX store. Could be truth, could be total BS for all I know. Coming from a neutral nobody who just likes buying stuff for his truck which pisses his wife off, I'm inclined to go Profab over PPE for any comparable parts. There doesn't seem to be any question as to Rick's stuff. Still don't need up pipes or manifolds yet, but when I do, I now know 100% who I'm going with.....

No dought where Dmaxstores are made, come from, came from (and it ain't on this soil) and or where "the source" came from that extended the olive branch. And, they come in the same and or similar shltty packaging as someone else... coincidence or not, but I had a corner desk in a place to know.

Read again, PPE did not give, sale or encourage (other than they, PPE, sell the crap out of theirs) dmaxstore to have these made and under sale them in retail price, for a extremely similar product with damn near the same packaging. :eek:

Elgavilan

Desert Rat
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
I'm considering getting a set of manifolds and up pipes for my lly, and I was wondering if they come with the ports matched to the head exhaust ports or do you have to do some grinding on them to get them to match?

Sent from the Arizona desert

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

I had Profab EGR, up-pipes and manifolds on my old LBZ and will be doing the same with my new LML. I have never dealt with PPE and will probably never do so. They haven't done anything to me and might be stand up guys. However I have dealt with Rick's products and his customer service is great. Hopefully I will be testing his LML EGR Delete shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zparker686

Nov 12, 2014
Maine
No dought where Dmaxstores are made, come from, came from (and it ain't on this soil) and or where "the source" came from that extended the olive branch. And, they come in the same and or similar shltty packaging as someone else... coincidence or not, but I had a corner desk in a place to know.

Read again, PPE did not give, sale or encourage (other than they, PPE, sell the crap out of theirs) dmaxstore to have these made and under sale them in retail price, for a extremely similar product with damn near the same packaging. :eek:
Just trying to make sure I understand you correctly. 4 questions.

1. Dmax store manifolds and up pipes are being manufactured somewhere other than USA? There is no doubt about this?

2. Dmax store fell into this opportunity to have their own manifolds and up pipes from a "source" that sells manifolds and up pipes?

3. They come in the same packaging as the company that is the "source". It is believed that the "source" also is having their parts manufactured overseas?

4. The main question. Are you saying that dmax store and PPE are using the same manufacturer, and that PPE was the source of this overseas manufacturing opportunity, because that's where their manifolds and up pipes are made? Or are you saying dmax store and someone else?

Not trying to be a jerk, just want to make sure I'm understanding you 100% correctly. I don't want to put out bad data to any of my buddies if they ever asked me about manifolds/up pipes/whatever else from these companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Or,

you could see it like I do.

Rick made them
PPE copied them (said Honeywell/garrett did blah blah, points blame to someone else)
dmax store copied PPE
Rudy's copied dmax store

And I drive a cummins.

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Just watched the video. Why would you re-use gaskets? Sorry but if I am replacing parts I would definitely replace gaskets after going through that much trouble. Just saying

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Just watched the video. Why would you re-use gaskets? Sorry but if I am replacing parts I would definitely replace gaskets after going through that much trouble. Just saying

The factory GM gaskets are extremely nice and are definitely reuseable. One would be foolish to replace them and waste money.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Just trying to make sure I understand you correctly. 4 questions.

1. Dmax store manifolds and up pipes are being manufactured somewhere other than USA? There is no doubt about this?

2. Dmax store fell into this opportunity to have their own manifolds and up pipes from a "source" that sells manifolds and up pipes?

3. They come in the same packaging as the company that is the "source". It is believed that the "source" also is having their parts manufactured overseas?

4. The main question. Are you saying that dmax store and PPE are using the same manufacturer, and that PPE was the source of this overseas manufacturing opportunity, because that's where their manifolds and up pipes are made? Or are you saying dmax store and someone else?

Not trying to be a jerk, just want to make sure I'm understanding you 100% correctly. I don't want to put out bad data to any of my buddies if they ever asked me about manifolds/up pipes/whatever else from these companies.

Oh boy, let me simplify this for you, the "source" needs not to be refereed to PPE, but rather a "broker" and or "middle man" who provides auto motive parts to USA based businesses manufactured from overseas. This "middle man" extended an olive branch full of olives to dmaxstore, and PPE knew nothing about that until it was too late!!!

Definition as it applies to this post:

Source - Broker and or middle man

PPE - Not a source

Dmaxstore - Lucky Sumbltch

Dukcaln - Once had a desk, in a small office, in a small town, where a small business had a small shop that worked on one particular platform of vehicle, with a 6.6 liter engine with no spark plugs, powered by a none gasoline type fuel and sold only parts for said platform.

Any further questions Sir :coolspot:

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Foolish lol. I understand they can be re-used but how much do they cost my friend? After I spent that kind of money on pipes I wouldn't mind spending $75 on gaskets for peace of mind. Especially after my time and effort. Foolish is doing something half ass which most people do to save a dollar. Sorry but if I am going to do something might as well do it right the first time.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Oh boy, let me simplify this for you, the "source" needs not to be refereed to PPE, but rather a "broker" and or "middle man" who provides auto motive parts to USA based businesses manufactured from overseas. This "middle man" extended an olive branch full of olives to dmaxstore, and PPE knew nothing about that until it was too late!!!

Definition as it applies to this post:

Source - Broker and or middle man

PPE - Not a source

Dmaxstore - Lucky Sumbltch

Dukcaln - Once had a desk, in a small office, in a small town, where a small business had a small shop that worked on one particular platform of vehicle, with a 6.6 liter engine with no spark plugs, powered by a none gasoline type fuel and sold only parts for said platform.

Any further questions Sir :coolspot:

Kinda like these $45 "PPE" down pipes made in Shanghai

568cf338a0a9f2834870cdf395366fde.jpg

Or this $12 "MBRP" down pipe by the same

5ebb18de55afe82ba3c3eefeb8a9cc37.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Is it just me, or does dukcaln's posts in this thread read differently than other posts in the past?
The text is disjointed and spelling/grammar is off.
Its almost as if a foreigner with limited English skills has been posting from his account?
Would be nice to once and for all get some factual information on this fiasco, thats for sure.

zparker686

Nov 12, 2014
Maine
Is it just me, or does dukcaln's posts in this thread read differently than other posts in the past?
Its almost as if a foreigner with limited English skills has been posting from his account?
Would be nice to once and for all get some factual information on this fiasco, thats for sure.
I noticed that too.....

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Foolish lol. I understand they can be re-used but how much do they cost my friend? After I spent that kind of money on pipes I wouldn't mind spending $75 on gaskets for peace of mind. Especially after my time and effort. Foolish is doing something half ass which most people do to save a dollar. Sorry but if I am going to do something might as well do it right the first time.

Apparently you have never handled the duramax manifold gaskets. Or you would be aware that they are reusable time after time.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007

In testing over the years we've probably reused exhaust gaskets 10 times. We usually just clean them and spray them with copper coat. We also sell new ones.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

He's leaving his posts open to interpretation is how I read it. Not like a foreigner would. If anything, he seems disgruntled to dmax store and could careless about sharing what he knows lol

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

After only 4 posts you're coming in here and telling the pros they are stupid for reusing manifold/uppipe gaskets. Go look at a set and then come back and say it again.

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Never once called anyone stupid. That's how shit gets started. Your exact words were foolish. I said doing things half ass. And yes I have changed out manifolds up-pipes etc. Didn't mean to piss anyone off or think I was calling them stupid.