Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
For this reason .....

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0335-1.jpg

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
LOL WTF are they thinking that quite possibly might be the ugliest care GM has produced to date

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That's from Holden Australia, IIRC.

It comes with a big V8 option, again IIRC.

It is basically an El Camino for the 21st century. The SSR or whatever they called it, was a big flop.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - If anything would have caused Pontiac to fold it would have been that Aztec thing. It was so ugly, it was made illegal to drive one within 500 yards of a dairy since it would cause the cows to give sour milk.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
PS - If anything would have caused Pontiac to fold it would have been that Aztec thing. It was so ugly, it was made illegal to drive one within 500 yards of a dairy since it would cause the cows to give sour milk.

LOL:rofl:

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com

that was going to be my next post. Good point !!! the aztec had to be given away. They lost a ton on that.... SSR was chevy, had a cool nose but otherwise retarded. Now this thing. I heard about it and laughed but seeing it in person was embarrasing.

GM's presence at the auto show was very poor. The camaros were neat, vettes....eghhhh 1 looked nice. There was nothing new.....

Everyone had a flashy vehicle that said hey look you can do this.... GM... hey look we have this el camino dealy that came from australia just like our GTO did, and G8 does .....

IDIOTS !

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
That's from Holden Australia, IIRC.

It comes with a big V8 option, again IIRC.

It is basically an El Camino for the 21st century. The SSR or whatever they called it, was a big flop.

X2, and i believe the Holdens are quiet poplular down under. ;)

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
I liked the GTO and I'd like to get my wife a G8 GXP...but that thing is horrendous...

Holden and other mfr.'s sell a ton of those type of vehicles in Australia

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
MotherFK'er's giving the El Camino a bad name.:mad: That thing is an abortion, a stain on the el camino name and line.....

I still say the 64-67 years were the Camino's finest. Those cars had style..... but then I'm a little biased anyway...:eek::D

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Yep that is the Holden UTE re-whatevered to be a Pontiac. The only good thing about it is it has an LS2 in it. I like the Holden version more. The Pontiac front end just looks thrown on. An El Camino site that I'm on people are 50/50 about it. Most feel it should have been a Chevy (photoshop 2nd one down)

UTE
Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

Chevy
newchevyutexo5ma5cd0.jpg

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Regardless of it's appearance, if it becomes available with a 6.0 or 6.2 engine, you are looking at a 12 second factory pickup with tuneup, exhaust, and some drag radials. It should hang with an SRT-10 Ram or Lightning pretty easy, except get better mileage.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
Regardless of it's appearance, if it becomes available with a 6.0 or 6.2 engine, you are looking at a 12 second factory pickup with tuneup, exhaust, and some drag radials. It should hang with an SRT-10 Ram or Lightning pretty easy, except get better mileage.

Colorado/canyon has a v8 option now too. 5.3L but still there is potential there. Stay away from the hippie propoganda ! This wannabe el camino will never be anything special even if it came with an LS7.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I'd love to have a Holden Commodor! Wicked ride!

The Aussies like there car/truck combo type vehicles, like said they sell the pants off that kind of stuff but they've had that type os stuff for quite some time so its prolly not to outta ordinary for them.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The El Camino was a worthless piece of shit when it came out in '59 and has continued the same course. WTF did it do well guys? You could not haul anything; 2 shopping bags and it dragged ass.:rolleyes: Hop it up and you had no traction without big money for suspension. It did not handle worth a shit and you couldn't screw in the front and only seat.:rolleyes: None of them were competetive at the drags no matter what engine. The ALL looked lame. Bet the new one handles.;):D
You guys can pine about the old '64 an'd 65 pirce of shits all you want. You never drove them.:rolleyes: I did. I also drove the original buck board. It was a piece of shit too.:rofl::D