.... Pontiac to close immediatly ....

KWICK66

Nov 26, 2008
Orange County, Ca
I Got a donor car, who has the donor DMAX to squeeze in it..?

I have to strongly disagree with you Mike L.
Elco's and Chevelles are the shit, still have my first car.
Decent power, NO WHEELHOP at all! Just drop the back a few inches and get some good rear upper and lower control arms. The A-Body's are already set up with a rear coil spring, 4 link style suspension.
elco2-1.jpg

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I Got a donor car, who has the donor DMAX to squeeze in it..?

I have to strongly disagree with you Mike L.
Elco's and Chevelles are the shit, still have my first car.
Decent power, NO WHEELHOP at all! Just drop the back a few inches and get some good rear upper and lower control arms. The A-Body's are already set up with a rear coil spring, 4 link style suspension.
elco2-1.jpg

This is what this is all about. We disagree.:D Cool. Bring on the good stuff and bad and we can discuss it. I can tell you my 10 sec Nova was more stable at 125 mph than my low 12 sec EC.

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
One thing about those old cars they all had personality. You could tell what kind of car was coming a half mile down the road. Now they all have that aerodynamic teardrop look and you can't tell must of them apart.

A little off topic but what do you think of the new Dodge Challenger, that is a perfect example of taking the best of old and new.

challenger.compare.500.jpg

Attachments

• challenger.compare.500.jpg
    challenger.compare.500.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 20

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
My dad had a 74' 454 ec with a mildy built motor that could haul two motorcycles, and could tow a small boat. It was also fairly fast, and for the mid 80s it was one of the fastest cars on the road. Of course I only rode in it when I was a :baby: But my dad has told me stories about it :rofl:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
The El Camino was a worthless piece of shit when it came out in '59 and has continued the same course. WTF did it do well guys? You could not haul anything; 2 shopping bags and it dragged ass.:rolleyes: Hop it up and you had no traction without big money for suspension. It did not handle worth a shit and you couldn't screw in the front and only seat.:rolleyes: None of them were competetive at the drags no matter what engine. The ALL looked lame. Bet the new one handles.;):D
You guys can pine about the old '64 an'd 65 pirce of shits all you want. You never drove them.:rolleyes: I did. I also drove the original buck board. It was a piece of shit too.:rofl::D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KWICK66

Nov 26, 2008
Orange County, Ca
One thing about those old cars they all had personality. You could tell what kind of car was coming a half mile down the road. Now they all have that aerodynamic teardrop look and you can't tell must of them apart.

A little off topic but what do you think of the new Dodge Challenger, that is a perfect example of taking the best of old and new.

View attachment 6300

x2, the new Challengers are pretty badass!

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Bah! The Elky's were legendary. And just like any legend, there was a lot of hype associated with it. All it was, was a Chevelle with a bed instead of backseat (or Impala or Chevy II depending on year), so had all the failings of their parent.

You could carry 500lb in the bed, IF it was in front of the axle. Or tow about 2500lb. Not both, just one or the other.

Like many classics now, Elky's are fetching more now than when they were new, even in average condition.

I always thought a Dmax in an Elky would be the killer ProStreet truck for diesel competition.

We happen to have my fathers 64 camino sitting here needing a refresh-the roller 403 olds has spanked many a youngster's mustang in its day but now its tired-he did have and olds 350 diesel in it in the eighties-sure did piss of a trans am:angel:;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

View attachment 6300

This would have been a helluva car if they hadn't made it so damn tall and gave it a little more HP. More body roll than the original had and needed to be a little wider as well.

Looks like sht IMO.

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
This would have been a helluva car if they hadn't made it so damn tall and gave it a little more HP. More body roll than the original had and needed to be a little wider as well.

Looks like sht IMO.

Thank GOD!!! Another person who agrees the car needs to be lowered and have the body height reduced. Looks like a small SUV puttin down the road, not a sports car. Lower and wider, I agree.