Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Here's mine.
But, I didn't make them.

attachment.php

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
My god that is stout. Looks good though.

One question, why is the stop itself touching only the u-bolt? Perhaps that is normal I really don't know.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My god that is stout. Looks good though.

One question, why is the stop itself touching only the u-bolt? Perhaps that is normal I really don't know.

I think the camera angle just makes it look like it's touching the U-bolt.

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
I've got the same ones a wanadmaxsub and they work great, bolt right in. I've got 2 seasons on them, only thing I have had to do to them is I took them off last week and sandblasted and repainted them. They look good as new. Alos the way they are designed, you can adjust them in 1/4 inch increments by flipping the stop block over and by using the 2 different sets of holes in them. For what it would take to build a set similiar to these, you're better off just buying them from Tony B or Danville, but that's IMO.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
I will post up picks as soon as i finish welding them up- I am using 1 1/2'' sch. 80, two 1'' nuts, a piece of 1'' all thread rod, and two pieces of 1/4''x 2 1/2'' plate. They will be adjustable to the 1/16'' , and strong! They are pretty simple to build as well- only requires drilling two holes to bolt it into the stock bumpstop position.
THANKS Steven

ChevyDealer

Dec 12, 2008
Missouri
Here is what I have been using for awhile. These are my 2nd generation and final generation. I really like the ability to screw each of them down to a 1" spacer (wood block) and lock them down.
Craig

P.S. I guess I'll add pictures after this post since I have to have 10 first.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
here are mine. they are machined out to miss the pin in the leaf spring.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 146
  • bump-2.jpg
    bump-2.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 119

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I must be an odd ball. I made mine to bolt up to where the bump stop was and contact the pad on the axle tube.

Im working on building a different better set though.

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Would it be better to use a bump stop or something? Seems pretty solid and it would slam pretty hard??

You want it solid. Other wise it could bounce (hop) which is a bad thing! The weight comes on slow, I've never felt mine slam.

I must be an odd ball. I made mine to bolt up to where the bump stop was and contact the pad on the axle tube.

Im working on building a different better set though.

Looks to me like those of us using a side mount is because something else is in the way. For me it's the air bags, i see traction bars in another pic.

Last edited: