"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Swapped the Suncoast from the LLY to LB7 today. Traded out valve bodies and bell housings. It shifted flawlessly when it was pulled from the LLY. Now that the new valve body has been shift kitted for the LB7 it is shifting rough as all hell...like chirp the tires on a downshift hard...gotta figure that shit out. Was hoping to load a tune and romp the LB7 today...guess that will have to wait a little bit.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
put stabilitrak on it.

ben
Any chance of putting a guide/parts list out? Or pointing us to one? My truck finally needs it :woott:
Would it help if I beta tested the TPMS on the 2003? Do they make TPMS sensors for H2 rims?

On topic: Today I put some fuel back in the bed tank. Looks the same, though.

STLCHEVYHD

Haywood Jablome
May 8, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I too have the car seat mod! Dad and proud. The stack puts the kiddo to sleep 60% of the time, everytime:woott:

That hum and vibration of the diesel puts him right to sleep! No joke, I stayed in the truck while my wife went in to the store and I shut my truck off and the lil' guy wakes up and starts to fuss. Fired it back up and the he went right back to sleep! I will say that I was proud as a peacock giving my son his first ride in the DMax home from the hospital! I'd imagine the car seat mod will be the last for a while but oh well!

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
looked at it out the window where its sat for the past month and will sit for the next 2 weeks untill i get me leg brace off!!!

justlkn

Oct 1, 2012
Hastings, Fl.
Installed my Extang Encore tonno!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349788807208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349788807208.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349788828605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349788828605.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 93

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Any chance of putting a guide/parts list out? Or pointing us to one? My truck finally needs it :woott:
Would it help if I beta tested the TPMS on the 2003? Do they make TPMS sensors for H2 rims?

On topic: Today I put some fuel back in the bed tank. Looks the same, though.

at the risk of going off topic, I wont say too much here. Ill probably make a thread about it at some point. But long story short, it is a massive project that requires a lot of time, effort, custom fabbed brackets, pulling the interior out to weld studs onto the floor pan, pulling the steering column out, adding extra brake lines, custom machined "billet" brackets for rear wheel speed sensors, custom machined rear wheel hubs, etc... It really wasnt that expensive (for example I got the whole stabilitrak ABS module from the junk yard for $60), just a lot of work, problem solving, creativity etc... There is a reason I was the first person to successfully accomplish this; because its more work/effort/problem-solving/research than probably 99.999% of people want to do...

Let me just put it this way.... It is such a complicated/involved project that even one of the senior development engineers at GM Vehicle Dynamics (in other words, the guy who actually designed stabilitrak in the first place) didnt think it was going to work/said I was crazy for even trying it. :)

But it really is so cool. The whole performance thing has kinda lost its appeal for me, nowadays EVERYONE has a built motor, everyone has a 11/12 second truck, etc. And to be considered "impressive" and for people to actually notice you/pat you on the back for a performance achievement nowadays, you have to spend $30k+ and have a 8/9/10 second truck. It was fun back in early 2006 when my truck was running mid 12s at 108mph at full-weight/fuel only/stock fueling, or in early 2008 when I built my first engine, but thats so...yawn....now.

But this project is something else, something different. I dont care if you think stability control is the dumbest thing ever and you're such an amazing driver, or if you're like me in that you know how to drive, but still think its an insane piece of technology that can be a life-saver if you have to swerve your 7,000lb top-heavy truck at 60mph around an obstacle, I was still the first person in the world to figure it out and make it work. So there. :p:

ben

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
at the risk of going off topic, I wont say too much here.
But this project is something else, something different. I dont care if you think stability control is the dumbest thing ever and you're such an amazing driver, or if you're like me in that you know how to drive, but still think its an insane piece of technology that can be a life-saver if you have to swerve your 7,000lb top-heavy truck at 60mph around an obstacle, I was still the first person in the world to figure it out and make it work. So there. :p:

ben
It is cool for sure, and very impressive.

I fall into the camp that knows how to drive (well enough, at least), but I still think it would be nice to put Stabilitrack on my truck. That way I can let my mom drive it :p Plus, the computer can do things I can't, like apply brake pressure at different levels to each wheel.

If you get the chance, I'd love to read a full write up or guide!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kartmnn

Oct 27, 2011
East Providence RI
Tow this to Cali...
picture.php

Oct 2, 2012
Douglasville Ga
Kartman, do you sail as well or just doing a transport.

Today i took apart the window switch assembly on the driver door and cleaned the mud dust and corrosion off the electrical components. Where it used to work 20% of the time it now works 100% of the time. Just bought the truck and it was one of a handful of things bothering me, so go me.