"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

justlkn

Oct 1, 2012
Hastings, Fl.
All purdied up and no where to go.. Washed, waxed and detailed the nooks and crannies today. Man it was gorgeous outside today!!

Attachments

• 20121018_144014.jpg
    20121018_144014.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20121018_144044.jpg
    20121018_144044.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 110

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Very trusting :D First time I let the gf drive mine, she does a 100yd burnout up an offramp racing some ricer, rolls onto the freeway at 120mph and says "I want one".....

My girlfriend drove me home one night after I had a few too many "sodas" at the local watering hole. She couldn't figure out the sensitive throttle so we just bucked down the road like you wouldn't believe for about 100yds. 1st stop light we got to i told her to give it a bit more throttle but be smooth. Blacked out the entire intersection lol

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
As far as working on the truck goes though, I painted parts of my traction bars last night to get a feel for the "unique" color I chose. Looking to get them mounted up tomorrow after work

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
All purdied up and no where to go.. Washed, waxed and detailed the nooks and crannies today. Man it was gorgeous outside today!!

Nice truck.:thumb:
When you going to get rid of that blunderbuss sticking out the back?

Capt.D

Sep 1, 2011
Atmore, Alabama
Installed my aluminum guage cover and the white pieces for my wheels.
nevu7uny.jpg

ybe9u5y5.jpg

6yjugaty.jpg

y6yde4ez.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I'm still fighting a stupid leak on mine...... Also trying to figure out why my low coolant light wont shut off That's all I've been doing.

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
put a touch over 320miles on it since monday, 99% was due to tracking parts down for my rzr. Gathered all parts to get it put back together to go wheelin and i broke the fackin spark plug wire insulator and nobody makes a comparable style...

Side note, still fighting a stiff clutch pedal after 45minutes at 80 down the interstate, new master/slave and southbend twin in february...if i tow my goose i have to change clutch fluid every 1000miles. Anyone see any issues with swapping to DOT6 for the clutch system? I'm about to try it as DOT4 isn't holding up well at all.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
As I walked by the truck I ran my finger down the fender and said "ohhhh, how sexy and smooth you are" then passed out from the excitement

some of that may or may not be true

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Lol^

I took off all the stickers I put on my truck a few weeks ago for the fear of it breaking down (industrial and ats stickers), I polished her up real nice and parked it

Oct 2, 2012
Douglasville Ga
put a touch over 320miles on it since monday, 99% was due to tracking parts down for my rzr. Gathered all parts to get it put back together to go wheelin and i broke the fackin spark plug wire insulator and nobody makes a comparable style...

Side note, still fighting a stiff clutch pedal after 45minutes at 80 down the interstate, new master/slave and southbend twin in february...if i tow my goose i have to change clutch fluid every 1000miles. Anyone see any issues with swapping to DOT6 for the clutch system? I'm about to try it as DOT4 isn't holding up well at all.

This is assuming the clutch engagement and release system on the dmax is the same as most gassers...keep in my the stock clutch master/slave cylinder and its seals were designed to use a specific classification of fluid for a reason. Your stiff pedal feel (if like a gassers engagement system) could stem from debree from a clutch disc coming apart ( happened to me when my 500hp TT 300zx blew up its original street clutch. It could also be something as strange as the pivot ball breaking but the pieces remaining in place due to the retaining clips on the throw out fork. (Saw that one happen too) I dont know your history so im just throwing some ideas at you. Hope this helps.

2004 Lb7