"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
dang, you the man. I was just looking yesterday for boots for my stock CV, my brand new Napa CV took a shit about a week after I installed it. thanks! :thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Did a drain and full on the trans and replaced the sump filter, first time since Mike built it in 2015. Probably not even 20k on it but I've done a handful of spin on filters and the fluid still looked good. Not sure what this shit is it almost looks like broken down paper gasket material but I doubt it. Any thoughts...

Also wtf Mike you use non Allison sump filters made in China... What gives...

Attachments

• rps20180116_133340.jpg
    rps20180116_133340.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Trans clunks going into drive and reverse when cold after first firing it up, even if I wait a minute it still does it but just once. If the truck sits for a week or longer it clunks really bad and takes alot of throttle to get it to move almost like an old th400 with bad converter drain back

Fluid level was good but I've had to add fluid a few times for being low but it's not leaking into the tcase or radiator or on the ground so I don't know where it's going.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you probably do have bad converter drain back. mine would do the same after sitting for a week but not the clunk. thats not a good looking filter though... may want to ask mike his thoughts.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
you probably do have bad converter drain back. mine would do the same after sitting for a week but not the clunk. thats not a good looking filter though... may want to ask mike his thoughts.

Hard miles but still less than 20k since build, didn't change fluid because it looked and smelled great.
I do spin on every 5k

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Loaned out the rear axle and 19.5 tires to a friend and fellow hotshot guy, seams he managed to tweak the housing on his, and it finally had catastrophic failure. After chasing a vibration at 70mph, For 18 months or so.
26952694_10213956802087725_5271775668869385827_o.jpg

76286bb03accf35ed38d06a6faf51734.jpg

Gues I played hero today

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Got the AutoTrac transfer case conversion done on my Suburban! Input shaft out of the 263XHD, as well as the chain and sprockets. Used the stock output shaft (plenty big, and plays nice with the clutch assembly).

It works awesome! Has the slightest preload (you can feel a tiny drag when turning sharp, but not enough to stop you, just a hint), and comes on hard at any hint of wheelspin. I'm thrilled with this setup!

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

TerryRH

Jan 23, 2017
MO
Got the AutoTrac transfer case conversion done on my Suburban! Input shaft out of the 263XHD, as well as the chain and sprockets. Used the stock output shaft (plenty big, and plays nice with the clutch assembly).

It works awesome! Has the slightest preload (you can feel a tiny drag when turning sharp, but not enough to stop you, just a hint), and comes on hard at any hint of wheelspin. I'm thrilled with this setup!

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk
Have been wanting to do this for a while but don't really know where to start. Glad to hear it's all working out.
So what do you do? Literally buff it out?

I've been on a wheel-buying binge these past couple months, since I was putting winter tires on the family's cars. $75 for a set of Pontiac GP wheels in better condition than my daughter's regular ones, $100 for a set of OEM 16s in great shape for my son's G6, and $175 for a set of --Im not kidding -- 2014 Buick Regal 17s in absolutely brand new condition for my wifes Malibu. Then winter tires for all. Yes, I spent some $$, but did a boatload of research and found deals on all the tires. My family's safety is paramount to me. I even broke down and bought winter tires for my Cruze, I dunno, maybe b/c I like driving it over BBT (please dont tell the truck that, ok?).

So, Im searching Craiglist for the hell of it b/c I was bored, and came across a set of 18x8 Buick Verano 10-spoke machine face wheels with tires for $200. I couldnt pass them up. Texted the guy and offered $150, we settled on $160. The wheels ended up being even better condition than what the pictures showed. The tires are usable (but I'll be buying new though), TPMS sensors and all 20 stock lugnuts. Hell, the Cruze center caps fit these wheels, too.
To me, these are a sizable improvement in looks over the OEM Cruze 17s.
I do this too. I like justifying finding killer deals. Kudos.
0b9e455501ebe31ea83a97d032f2de2b.jpg
9b9c0cca6cc6de986b84d4cbdabb48a2.jpg

And then there was a post.........

Parked in front of a RV parking post that was offset from the park spot. Went to leave and made it about 6”. Pulled the clear bra and the only thing that was scratched was the clear bra ABSOLUTELY NO PAINT TRANSFER!!!
I will never not have clear bra as long as I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What clear bra did you go with?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Two days ago pulled the intercooler tubes, manifolds, up pipes, transfer case and transmission.. broke a bolt off in turbo so had to pull turbo got it out and back in now up pipes back on trans and transfer case back in and am at a stoping point because i feel like i got burned.

Bought a used built trans “500 miles” from Andy Stevenson on here a few years “2016” and was told it was a 05 trans well long story short it’s a 01-03 trans and i had to order the fleece lined to get it to work because in 03/04 they went from 3/4 fittings to 7/8 that’s how i actually found out. Now I’m praying everything he said was done to it was in fact done.

“replaced all C1, C2, C3, C4, and C5 clutches and steels with the upgraded GPZ ones from Evan/Suncoast.

The C3 and C4 apply pistons and springs were replaced with upgraded LML ones.

Transgo Jr was installed, all necessary modifications to the valve body were done, larger hole drilled, different valves, upgraded springs. Also installed the upgraded Mike L. Trim springs in the valve body.

The no Converter knockdown on lockup was done to the pump to not drop pressure at lockup.

I also installed the orange spring with NO shim on the lockup valve. Which is what is recommended for 800hp builds, the shim is only necessary for 800hp+ builds and will reduce trans life if installed and not needed.

There were no Transgo Sr. Modifications made to the input drum because Evan said all they do is make the transmission shift hard.“

Going to tinker putting truck back together till the lines get here i hate it but it is what it is. Darn thing was supposed to come with the fleece lines and a bunch of filters but customs must have got them

b99e05688c422b78997ddf4ead2966e8.jpg

f19aefc2e8f64776b01ccd5f4783cfa6.jpg

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Been slowly putting mine back together

30 mins here and a hour there adds up.

Still got a ways to go through.

Rear bumper and hitch are back on tonight

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Pretty sure that Andy Stevenson guy burned someone else on here or misrepresented an item. Have to go back and find it..

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I'm removing old spray in bed liner....... its a huge PITA but using one of those oscillating tools with a scraper blade helps out a ton! After I weld up some bolt holes in the bed (from a 5th wheel mount) its off to LineX!

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I'm removing old spray in bed liner....... its a huge PITA but using one of those oscillating tools with a scraper blade helps out a ton! After I weld up some bolt holes in the bed (from a 5th wheel mount) its off to LineX!

I did about half of mine with a hand scraper, heat gun and knife. What's left doesn't come up easy, I'll have to get some power tools for the rest. There's spots where they didn't even scuff the paint and it just peels up. Definitely not a fun job..

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Won’t LineX go over the top of it? I understand they probably wouldn’t warrantee it but if you’re having that much trouble getting it off it’s got to be on their good.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I did about half of mine with a hand scraper, heat gun and knife. What's left doesn't come up easy, I'll have to get some power tools for the rest. There's spots where they didn't even scuff the paint and it just peels up. Definitely not a fun job..
Same situation here. Their prep work underneath is pretty funny. If you ever have to do it again, these electric oscillating tools will save you a lot of heartache.

Won’t LineX go over the top of it? I understand they probably wouldn’t warrantee it but if you’re having that much trouble getting it off it’s got to be on their good.

That was my first thought but the LineX would only stick as well as the bed liner underneath and what I have learned pulling this old stuff up is that the prep work underneath is laughable. I am actually pretty happy that they did such a horrible job on the old liner. The whole middle of the bed floor wasn't even attached to the paint anymore. Also, water was getting trapped underneath in certain spots which seems like a recipe for disaster.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

Can you post a link of what you got?

I put a new bed on mine and am using the old tailgate. They told me that their stuff won't adhere properly and it should be down to bare paint.

So now I have to scrape the old crap off the tailgate before I get it redone.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Can you post a link of what you got?

I put a new bed on mine and am using the old tailgate. They told me that their stuff won't adhere properly and it should be down to bare paint.

So now I have to scrape the old crap off the tailgate before I get it redone.

http://www.portercable.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=30197

You want to buy a "scraper blade" that will look similar to the hand scraper you are using. I bought a Porter Cable because I have the rest of the tool set and several batteries. There are any number of companies that make this tool. Hell, I have a corded Harbor Freight tool that has been abused for years and still works.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
This is what I have left. It's taken me about a year doing a little here and there because I get sick of scraping it up. I just ordered a dewalt oscillating tool with a scraper blade so I can be done with this project finally..

Attachments

• rps20180126_115152.jpg
    rps20180126_115152.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 57