"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
what in the world were you doing under there that it took that long?! lots of beer breaks? :D

I figured while I was in there and it needed it , I turned the rotors down , still had alot of meat on them , cleaned up the caliper bracket , new bracket boots and caliper bolts , lubed it up and the slot that the new o ring goes in knuckle goes was full of rust , so it took alot of time to get that all cleaned up to put in new o ring with lube , put in new brake pads . I didnt think I needed to go in depth but since you asked . I think the guys name it Mccall that posts about brakes alot would be proud of the job , but to you experts its just an everyday thing !

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I figured while I was in there and it needed it , I turned the rotors down , still had alot of meat on them , cleaned up the caliper bracket , new bracket boots and caliper bolts , lubed it up and the slot that the new o ring goes in knuckle goes was full of rust , so it took alot of time to get that all cleaned up to put in new o ring with lube , put in new brake pads . I didnt think I needed to go in depth but since you asked . I think the guys name it Mccall that posts about brakes alot would be proud of the job , but to you experts its just an everyday thing !

ha! experts.... :roflmao:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well most of you guys have more experience on Duramaxes than I do , so I appreciate any new thing I can learn from you all ! With my limited 6 years experience on strolling this site and working on my truck, if I can be of any help I am more than happy to try !

im just givin ya hell. Out west, rust/salt isnt an issue here so we dont get the typical slide issues with the calipers, stuck rotors, stuck hubs or the cv splines getting stuck in the hub. Hub swaps from start to finish take about 15 min for me to do on each side even with dually adapters. 4 hours and cleaning/doing all that is good time :D

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Sounds like one of my brake job. Well while the trucks jacked up I might as well rotate the tires, which requires sniping them again, look the wheel wells look kind a rough so I need to clean those up real good and hit them with some undercoating, now would be a great time to grease everything too and etc. next thing I know my brake job turned into A full days work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Sounds like one of my brake job. Well while the trucks jacked up I might as well rotate the tires, which requires sniping them again, look the wheel wells look kind a rough so I need to clean those up real good and hit them with some undercoating, now would be a great time to grease everything too and etc. next thing I know my brake job turned into A full days work.

Well Mike Ls trany cooler just showed op at the door , time to get to work protecting Evans trany ! It is so great having knowledgeable people on this site to answer questions ! Thanks again guys !

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Installed LED drl's, led switchback front turn signals, led amber 194 front turn signals, led red 194 rear signals, LEDs red brake and turn signals, a new led reverse lights. Installed resistors on the rear turn signals.

A couple weeks ago I installed an led flasher and LEDs all the way around. Had problems with the tow mirror signals lighting up very dim along with the interior dash signals lighting up very dim also. It was only when the truck was on at nite with the headlights on. Took everything back out and started reading. If you are going to run LEDs on all 4 corners with a led flasher you will still need to add two resistors to the front 3157 led bulbs or the rear 3157 led turn signal bulbs. I installed the resistors at the rear for easier installation.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Getting my GMC ready for a line X bedliner I prepped the bed rails and pulled all the plastic all the way around to have it coated also ordered a brand new set of three step n-fabs having them spray those while There at it before I install I will post of a picture after it is complete

51a56a5e85eedc5d7895bbeabb49fa75.jpg
a4b5514ae4e59303a15f5ef10ebb7bf6.jpg
e0d8c753abb7a12b39ee23999bba3078.jpg
810ee4377bff734eaccecb1906491448.jpg

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Fixed my MBRP exhaust that cracked in half from rust.

did your downpipe crack after the V band? Mine cracked there and rusted out at all the crappy clamps. I will never put those crap steel clamps on a aluminum exhaust ever again.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Did a compression check 350-385psi. Might have to bump the power up somemore. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TerryRH

Jan 23, 2017
MO
Put a muffler on my 4" dual Diamond Eye exhaust. It is SO MUCH BETTER!!! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. I normally put my volume at 32 to hear all my music clearly, but today I thought it was a bit loud. I went to turn it down and realized it was on 28. There are so many more benefits and if you want me to list them I will.

Maybe I'm too old.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

I wish you would of checked the sound level with a decimal meter before and after. I was surprised that my LBZ with a 5” straight pipe was only 1 or 2 dB louder than my stock work truck.

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yeah, but the way decibels work, 3dB is actually twice the energy. So it may not sound like a big difference (because we can hear such a large range of volumes), but it adds up over time.

I wish I had a real dB meter, because I'm curious how loud my truck is even with the muffler. But phones aren't accurate or consistent dB meters, and that's all I have.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
your not old, i want to run my exhaust the rest of the way out the back of the truck. two turbos and a muffler kill 90% of the drone but im over hearing my exhaust all the time when cruising. ill leave the noise makers to my toys.

on a side note, jacked the front end up yesterday on the truck. Found a wheel bearing starting to go (RF this time, has about 110k on it since it was last changed) and the idler arm support is pretty worn. everything else is tight. might be time for a kryptonite idler arm support finally.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
your not old, i want to run my exhaust the rest of the way out the back of the truck. two turbos and a muffler kill 90% of the drone but im over hearing my exhaust all the time when cruising. ill leave the noise makers to my toys.

on a side note, jacked the front end up yesterday on the truck. Found a wheel bearing starting to go (RF this time, has about 110k on it since it was last changed) and the idler arm support is pretty worn. everything else is tight. might be time for a kryptonite idler arm support finally.

Lol... We are old... I'm the same way now. I keep my Duramax and Mercedes stock so they are quiet but the others not so much...:D