Nitrous basics

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Why do you have an oppinion of someone you dont know?My opinion of you is base of your actions. Based off your actions why would I want to meet you? I dont.

if you so stern about name calling then why do you continually let folks jump on my case....undeserving?
IMHO you earned what you get.

Sarcasm? that BS you and i both know what he meant!
:rolleyes:

Sponsors? who are my sponsors, i Never said anyone of those were my sponsors
Wade come on.:rofl: The II CP3 thread. ;) You have mentioned Nano as a sponsor on another forum.

agenda? not to sell anything,pimp anything but to inform those about the Truths behind nitrous on a diesel......
The truth that everyone else is wrong. That what you run is awesome. Buy it.:rolleyes:
So exactly who is misleading who here?:rolleyes:

Replys in blue.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
"In other words, nitrous reacts only after you feed it a lot of heat, then only releases a little heat" Pat.

This IMO is a good thing. We have heat to feed it.

If we only get another 1/2 cup to burn more fuel we are still buring more fuel and burning it faster. :)

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
"In other words, nitrous reacts only after you feed it a lot of heat, then only releases a little heat" Pat.

This IMO is a good thing. We have heat to feed it.

If we only get another 1/2 cup to burn more fuel we are still buring more fuel and burning it faster. :)

I really dont think that the "little" heat thats released is more than what is allready present, because it makes plenty of heat on the compression stroke with the fuel trying to compress allready, i dont think the nitrous makes a big heat change(after thinking about it some more)

also the difference between a gas and a liquid state should offer a temp change too right, well there is none that im aware of, the only diff would be state change and temp of the bottle. 69*-70* bottle temp is the only change.

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I really dont think that the "little" heat thats released is more than what is allready present, because it makes plenty of heat on the compression stroke with the fuel trying to compress allready, i dont think the nitrous makes a big heat change(after thinking about it some more)

also the difference between a gas and a liquid state should offer a temp change too right, well there is none that im aware of, the only diff would be state change and temp ogf the bottle.

The heat released is like splitting hairs IMO. Nitrous burns so fast with low timing that if done/tuned right its on the backside (ATDC) for the most part.

The cooling we gt from the IC injection prolly offests the added heat temp wise. Conjecture but common sense.

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
He has provided tech, respectfully.

Not all of use can control the way a thread goes.

Both of them know what they are doing. I wanna learn more, converse/brainstorm. Even if its not perfectly proven tech, its soimething to think about.:cool2:

lil late...

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Wade does the Nano system actually inject HPA or nitrogen into the N2O bottle or just maintain pressure through a one way valve type gig?

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I don't have the Chemistry Desk Reference with me. So you will have to check my calc yourself KB. I get about 1.4 Million BTU/lb of energy released from dis composition from N2O.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Wade does the Nano system actually inject HPA or nitrogen into the N2O bottle or just maintain pressure through a one way valve type gig?

In the side of the HF valve a hole is drilled and taped into a new SHF valve assy next to the pick up tube. the HP nitrogen formes a barrier and pushes the nitrous into the bottom of the pick up tube, there is no regulation, it really is not a pusher system, but for lack of better words that will work fine.

So to answer your question Both, though it's hard to explain over a keyboard i would be glad to explain over the phone.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Like I've said earlier, what we really need is a professional thread with pics on a typical Dmax "simple" install. My "Ghetto Bottle" thread is somewhere, but I think we need a better tutorial.

This thread can remain fighting about theories and history. :D

I use to have a write up of that years ago berfore..... never mind. I'm sitting back and watching too. Snickering most the time though at the "new age" setup. You'll learn. I just hope it's not to hard on anyone and other actual good folks are taken down a ugly road they should think twice about being on. I'm unaware of anyone who did the BIG N2O on a Duramax before me (buck maybe, not sure, and it was close). I found out quick it didn't like it as a steady diet.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Air goes into the engine based on volume. Ditto for nitrous.

If you have one cup of nitrous and it decomp's, it becomes 1.5 cups. It still has exactly the same oxygen content by weight, but not by volume anymore, less oxygen goes into the cylinder.

I dont understand this totally. In a cylinder the nitrous is in a container where volume is determined by stroke position therefore pressure must increase (CP). Correct me if I am wrong. This may be helpful, ideal gas law constant PV=NRT

Also wouldnt injecting pre intercooler help heat the nitrous and keep it from decomposing so quickly and eating away the tops of pistons??